'Breaking News' Saddam to be Hanged today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever needed to be said about this was already said in the last thread.

The only update to this is they are seeking permission to hang him tomorrow, the day of the hajj, at dawn. I suppose they feel doing so tomorrow would be viewed as a present to the people of Iraq.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, just so you know, I think they made a terrible mistake. The death of Saddam Hussein will not bring back any of his victims, and it will only send bad vibes from the Iraqi people, or should I say, his followers. Terrorists.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Terrorists or Freedom Fighters? It is true many people are being manipulated by foreign powers into fighting each other, but there are people who really want what's best for their country, and are fighting and dying for that cause.

Don't be too quick to judge these people without first understanding the underlying factors that have caused so many people to take up arms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeo, I know you're against it. I know the vast majority of Americans are, and that you were powerless to stop it. "You," refers to the people Americans elected. It's a terrible system that people get blamed for something their leaders do, but that's what the world sees. I apologize if I made it sound like a direct attack on you, but I can't even think of the subject without having sad thoughts of "Why didn't you (again, "you") listen?", "Why are you doing this?", and "Will it ever stop?" I remember sitting watching TV when they announced the invasion. I was in disbelief that they could do such a thing. How long has it been since the matter had anything to do with WMDs? I can't remember. The whole matter is quite emotional for me, so I suppose I can't quite handle it in this forum.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, Bush was never elected. I refuse to believe people are complete idiots. He stole the first election and then rigged the diebold machines during the second election. It's just easier for me to comprehend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't be too quick to judge these people without first understanding the underlying factors that have caused so many people to take up arms.

lol, if anything, I'm supporting the Iraqis. For anything they do. I mean, DUDE, they've been under American occupation for who knows how long now. If I was in their place, I'd nuke America (I'd nuke it anyway for what they did to my country, but I'm not getting into that). Why don't they just leave those people alone already? I agree Saddam did terrible things, but there are people that support him. A lot of them. And they WILL NOT celebrate Saddam's death. They will want revenge. Look at it this way: Saddam was evil, right. He killed innocent people. When he dies, there's a chance more innocent people will die. But killing him won't bring the people back, as I've stated. So, it can only get worse if he dies. His death is purely out of the rage of his people. It will do no good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, we can't just leave. People think everything is going to go back to normal after we leave, but they couldn't be more wrong. Hell, if they were smart, they'd lay low for a year, we'd say "MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS SERIOUSLY!", we'd leave, and then they'd have the country to themselves.

But that isn't going to happen, because a lot of nations have a stake in Iraq. Saudi Arabia is funding the Sunni insurgents and Iran is funding the Shiites. If we leave, people will die. If we stay, people will die, but less of them. Don't just think about today. What do you think is going to happen a week after we leave? A month? A year? 5 years? We're planning for the future.

Best answers
If a human does it then it is humane.

Well any way, i am on the side of execution for 2 reasons.
1. it is more kinder on the one who would be locked up for a long time.
2. The economy would improove, one less useless mouth to feed.
Fase the facts he isnt doing anything, he is just rotting, and you waste money and resourses on that?
That is kind of stupid, is it not?

And i have one request/advice to any one in this forum who might get to be a president or something ecualevant.

Dont lie, never ever.
Tell it like it is, eaven if people dont like it they will have great deal more respect thowards you and the country you represent.

I know almost for sure that you went to Iraq for oil or other ritches, and thats why you stay (likely).
(Dont try to convience me that it isnt so, its impossible, im verry stubborn.)

Now if Bush would tell this from the beginning, i would have had more respect thowards usa and mabe him to
(i dont still like that god bless what ever thing, i realy dont like it, but its not my plase to critisise that, different people different customs).
There would have been more people against him too i think.
But acting as a honorless lier dosnt make things better now does it.

For the sake of every one to who this is a sore spot i will speack on the matter (weather usa went to Iraq for oil or not) no longer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it is not.

Think of the political implications of killing him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, we can't just leave. People think everything is going to go back to normal after we leave, but they couldn't be more wrong. Hell, if they were smart, they'd lay low for a year, we'd say "MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS SERIOUSLY!", we'd leave, and then they'd have the country to themselves.

But that isn't going to happen, because a lot of nations have a stake in Iraq. Saudi Arabia is funding the Sunni insurgents and Iran is funding the Shiites. If we leave, people will die. If we stay, people will die, but less of them. Don't just think about today. What do you think is going to happen a week after we leave? A month? A year? 5 years? We're planning for the future.
I'm going to be a bit harsh here, but who gives you the right to control other people's lives? Who gives you the right to meddle in their affairs? You do it because you are stronger, right? Just let them do their thing, that's what I say. No need for America to intervene, once they realize that what they're doing isn't doing any good, they will stop. That will happen, if they're smart.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's done is done, and now that we're there we have to clean up the mess we made. It doesn't make sense to leave. We're not in Iraq to try to make everything nice for the ME. We're there because we obviously believe it is a critical location and we need to have some kind of presence--be it a military presence or a diplomatic presence--in Iraq for the sake of our country's future. It would be best for us and for them if their country was stable.

Take a look at what China is doing and then think about what we're doing right now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His death is purely out of the rage of his people. It will do no good.
Which could be said for any country or person wanting to "nuke" America.

I am indifferent on whether they chose to kill him or lock him up forever. Looking past morals, this is just the absolute method, and hopefully there will little backlash, since it's already bad enough. Which is sad because even if their was backlash, we couldn't tell because the majority of the news from the Middle East are soldier deaths, insurgent deaths, civilian deaths, bombings, and shootings.

I am somewhat surprised it was rushed to "today or tomorrow", since the last time I heard about it was "within 30 days". But there have been civilians sentenced to the death penalty, at least in America, who have done quite relatively less when compared to Sadam, so the death penalty seems appropriate that way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's done is done, and now that we're there we have to clean up the mess we made. It doesn't make sense to leave. We're not in Iraq to try to make everything nice for the ME. We're there because we obviously believe it is a critical location and we need to have some kind of presence--be it a military presence or a diplomatic presence--in Iraq for the sake of our country's future. It would be best for us and for them if their country was stable.

Take a look at what China is doing and then think about what we're doing right now.
Yeah, I see what China is doing. It's manufacturing half of the world's EVERYTHING, if not more. That's what China is doing. Other than that, I don't see how they harmed you, and neither has Iraq, but you don't want to attack China because you will have losses. Americans just don't know what it's like to have their country invaded by foreigners. They invade, they're not invaded. That's why you can't know what it's like to be the victim of your "military help" which consists of killing everyone you see. I'm not insulting you in particular, it's not your fault, I'm just saying that what you're doing in Iraq is WRONG, and that killing Saddam is WRONG, not because he doesn't deserve it, but because it can lead to ill consequences.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can name a few other leaders with blood on their hands, but they won't be getting hanged anytime soon.

@ Dan: China is getting ready to militarize, Dan. They want to become an economic superpower yes, but they want to become a military superpower as well. THAT is what we're preparing for. China is making deals with Iran and Russia, so America is trying to make sure it gets what it needs in preparation for a future war that WILL happen, whether you believe it will or not.

Unfortunately, Iraq was inhabited, but do you honestly believe our President cares? The nations of the world are playing chess and Iraq was just a single move.

And yeah, we and all of our allies know what it's like to be a victim of our military help. We have a bad habit of killing our guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can name a few other leaders with blood on their hands, but they won't be getting hanged anytime soon.
Yeah, you're right. Saddam is just more popular. Hell, he was even in South Park. But what they have done they have done, there is no changing that with their execution, all that needs to be done is to make them STOP doing it, that's all.

@ Dan: China is getting ready to militarize, Dan. They want to become an economic superpower yes, but they want to become a military superpower as well. THAT is what we're preparing for. China is making deals with Iran and Russia, so America is trying to make sure it gets what it needs in preparation for a future war that WILL happen, whether you believe it will or not.

Unfortunately, Iraq was inhabited, but do you honestly believe our President cares? The nations of the world are playing chess and Iraq was just a single move.

And yeah, we and all of our allies know what it's like to be a victim of our military help. We have a bad habit of killing our guys.
Oh, so you can be a military and economic power, but China can't? How do you figure that?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2601232339745819805

Thats what i think about the war.

As for Saddam. Its still not what he deserves. Killing him will just let him take the easy way out. I think breaking his spirit in a jal would do a better job. Not to mention set a better example. Killing the oposition is execly what Saddam did. Now the people are doing the same.

Yes he did kill lots of people. But is that a reason for people to sink to his level?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, so you can be a military and economic power, but China can't? How do you figure that?
There are many economic and military powers in the world, Dan. However, when they're in our backyard, are constantly trying to hack us, try to blind our satellites with lasers and are best friends with North Korea, Iran, and Putin, we like to be prepared. You know. Just in case.

Or are we not allowed to do that because we're imperial monsters?

@ Grega: You're acting like killing someone in the ME is new. Unless you're willing to give them everything, prepare to do some fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never heard of anything about "blinding" your satellites, whatever that means, I don't care. But, all of those countries you mentioned have done absolutely NOTHING to America. But they have nuclear bombs, and automatically it's their fault for SOMETHING? America has tons of nuclear bombs, and no one complains. But, America wants to be the ONLY one to have bombs. Well, as they say in my language, NO WAY IN THIS NIGHT! (it actually rimes in my language, bleh)

And maybe you are imperial monsters, since you're acting like the whole world is your playground attacking anyone you can get your hands on (Iraq and Afghanistan for one) and win and then saying on TV that it's "all for justice and the good for all the people". Killing people can't be good for people.

I'm just telling you to open your eyes and ask yourself "how can I be sure everything I hear on that CNN or whatever is completely true? Are they hiding something from us on purpose? Or are they lying and no one can prove otherwise? And do I really want to be a drone doing absolutely nothing about it, I can at least break free of their control". That's right. Your government if controlling you. I didn't want to bring it up, but I did. And it's all via TV, since your people don't use other sources for knowledge, except schools, in which the first thing you learn is "I PLEDGE ALLIEGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA". Think about what you're "pledging your alliegence" to before you pledge it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never heard of anything about "blinding" your satellites, whatever that means, I don't care. But, all of those countries you mentioned have done absolutely NOTHING to America. But they have nuclear bombs, and automatically it's their fault for SOMETHING? America has tons of nuclear bombs, and no one complains. But, America wants to be the ONLY one to have bombs. Well, as they say in my language, NO WAY IN THIS NIGHT! (it actually rimes in my language, bleh)

And maybe you are imperial monsters, since you're acting like the whole world is your playground attacking anyone you can get your hands on (Iraq and Afghanistan for one) and win and then saying on TV that it's "all for justice and the good for all the people". Killing people can't be good for people.
It means most of the electronics for the satelites comes from that part of the world (IE China or taiwan cheep and efective better than using US stuff thats about 5 times teh price they get imported)

@ Grega: You're acting like killing someone in the ME is new. Unless you're willing to give them everything, prepare to do some fighting.
I know it isnt new. I just said that everyone acts the same. If its convenient for them they get to live. If its not than kill off anyone who is the oposition. And its not just the ME. Its the same with the rest of the world to.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I'm just telling you to open your eyes and ask yourself "how can I be sure everything I hear on that CNN or whatever is completely true? Are they hiding something from us on purpose? Or are they lying and no one can prove otherwise? And do I really want to be a drone doing absolutely nothing about it, I can at least break free of their control". That's right. Your government if controlling you. I didn't want to bring it up, but I did. And it's all via TV, since your people don't use other sources for knowledge, except schools, in which the first thing you learn is "I PLEDGE ALLIEGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA". Think about what you're "pledging your alliegence" to before you pledge it.
Of course you don't care that they blind our satellites. The fact that China is trying to steal as many of our military documents as possible suggests to me that perhaps they aren't nice guys, and maybe, just maybe, they have hostile intentions. So again, it doesn't hurt to prepare. Sorry that what happened to Iraq happened, but we can't change it now and we can only move forwards.

America doesn't want to be the only one with nukes. We can't use nukes. We use a nuke, they use a nuke, we send another one, they send another one, etc etc until we're all dead. There is no point in having nukes. That isn't the problem. Eventually, someone is going to have the balls to try to invade, or at least declare war on us, and I don't mind being completely ready for it. If it never happens, all the better. Better to have had our defenses and never having had needed them to have been ill-equipped to have needed them.

And yeah, blah blah, cnn and fox news are evil. That's great. I don't watch tv, so I remain unaffected by their propaganda. I read translated newspapers from around the world everyday, so don't think I'm just another dumb American regurgitating what Mr. Murdock's stations say.

While Iraq shouldn't have been attack, I'm not against attacking Afghanistan as they have already proven to be at least working with those behind the 9/11 attacks. Even if the Taliban were just pawns, and even if we knew they were going to attack and just let it happen, they were still involved and we have every right to attack them. Osama could have been caught numerous times, but was never given the go-ahead by the Americans, leading me to believe those in charge really are implicated in some way, but it doesn't change the fact that they helped in some way.

Whatever propaganda you're reading about America is just that, Dan: propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom