'Breaking News' Saddam to be Hanged today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw from bbc that Saddam Husseim would be executed today or tomorrow, my guess is that he'll be executed tomorrow at 12.00 am - 5.00 am distance @ my local timeline+2 GMT.

One word: Hooray.

But i still have an disturbing chill at my spine, that something will happen after that, i don't know, a war or something o_O

any more thoughts?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ever watched the south park movie?

I heard his lawyer put in an appeal to stop Saddam from being executed in Iraq. Something to do with war criminal not being handed over to their enemies.. Im probably wrong though.

*edit* meh, I cant find the source.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should keep them alive, to make him suffer in a cell untill he dies from aging.

The heck with what I think though, as of now I'm not worried about a(nother) war...it wont be a first.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw from bbc that Saddam Husseim would be executed today or tomorrow, my guess is that he'll be executed tomorrow at 12.00 am - 5.00 am distance @ my local timeline+2 GMT.

One word: Hooray.

But i still have an disturbing chill at my spine, that something will happen after that, i don't know, a war or something o_O

any more thoughts?
I remember hearing on the news that there were a lot of calls coming in from people who were volunteering to execute Saddam Hussein.

I think they should keep them alive, to make him suffer in a cell untill he dies from aging.

The heck with what I think though, as of now I'm not worried about a(nother) war...it wont be a first.
Saddam Hussein is being executed in Iraq by hanging.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just couldn't imagine taking someone's life from them, no matter what they did =/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I understood that from the first post, I was expressing my opinion about it, thats about it.

I just couldn't imagine taking someone's life from them, no matter what they did =/
That man used to kill his own people without thinking twice, it may not be our call to decide his fate but I believe he desurves that and more.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Feel free to debate your points guys, but keep it civil, please.

The last Saddam thread we had went really well, even with many debates in that (Meaning people were stating their points and counterpoints with respect to each other, let's keep it that way.)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understood that from the first post, I was expressing my opinion about it, thats about it.

That man used to kill his own people without thinking twice, it may not be our call to decide his fate but I believe he desurves that and more.
Saddam Hussein was being tried in the Iraqi courts, and they decided that Saddam Hussein is to be executed. Saddam Hussein committed crimes against his own people, so this execution is what they feel is needed, which I cannot agree nor disagree to.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saddam Hussein was being tried in the Iraqi courts, and they decided that Saddam Hussein is to be executed.
I'm sorry, I didnt catch that yet. =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saddam Hussein was being tried in the Iraqi courts, and they decided that Saddam Hussein is to be executed. Saddam Hussein committed crimes against his own people, so this execution is what they feel is needed, which I cannot agree nor disagree to.
Actually, he's only being charged with killing the 100-something people he had killed after they tried to assassinate him.

It would only be fair to begin charging most of our leaders of war crimes, but of course, that won't ever happen because we're the good guys.

Right?

Say what you will, but Saddam kept the peace in Iraq for basically all of his reign. I think it's safe to say our little war has killed more civilians in the last few years than Saddam has in all of his years in power. Go ahead and judge him, but don't forget who backed him up whenever it was in the western nations best interest. Don't forget who supplied him with weapons. Don't forget who wrote many a check to him.

http://www.topix.net/content/ap/3473311458130399038110865838623603421409
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6213119.stm

Doesn't hurt to read his last letter to his people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's safe to say our little war has killed more civilians in the last few years than Saddam has in all of his years in power.
Yep, And there in iraq have died more american soldiers than in the 911 attack.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
To be honest...

I have no idea why we're in Iraq.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, And there in iraq have died more american soldiers than in the 911 attack.
Which was only around 2,752 people. Considering we're in a war being fought by many, many groups, I'd say that's an extremely low number compared to the number of dead Iraqi civilians which is above 100,000.

The Ba'ath party vowed to suspend talks with the current occupation if Saddam is killed, so it would be in everyones best interests to keep him alive, which his lawyers are trying very hard to do.

If he is killed, the death rate will go up on all sides.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still refuse to think it's within our right to take someone else's life. Oddly enough this also goes for Saddam. First of all. Killing him would be too easy, for us and for him. I'd rather see him spend his life in an isolated jailcell. Second of all, if he is killed, he will be made a martyr. (not sure how it's spelled) This will most likely cause another person like Saddam lead even more rebel/terrorist actions vs the new Iraq goverment and America/Europe.

But most of all, I'm simply against the death sentence.

As for his last letter. I call it Saddam's last propaganda and bull****.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't within our right. We aren't going to kill him. Their govt. is.

Best answers
I agree with Coldy here.. I find this whole thing to be quite ironic..

"Oh my lord! He killed millions of people! He's a murderer! Murdering is wrong! Boo murder! As punishment for his murdering, we shall.. Murder him! Hoozah!"

I think a life long in prison is good (or bad) enough.. Taking away one's freedom and social contact hurts more than death.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't within our right. We aren't going to kill him. Their govt. is.

When I say "our right" I'm talking about the entire human civilisation, einstein...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But most of all, I'm simply against the death sentence.

As for his last letter. I call it Saddam's last propaganda and bull****.
They've always hated the Iranians, and he's telling the Iraqis not to hate us.

I'm not sure how that's propaganda on his part considering it benefits us in lots of ways, unless he's still working for us.

If someone raped your mother, cut open your father's chest and took a **** in the hole, and then beat the crap out of you, would you want revenge? Oh, I think you would. That's why they want him dead. And guess what? If we have the right to attack soverign nations without the support of the rest of the world, I'm pretty sure they have the right to kill the person who ruled them for so long. It's easy to say "KILLING HIM IS WRONG!" when you haven't lived through what they have. It's easy to judge people when you live so very far away. It's easy to judge people when you're ignorant. Again, I'm against his death but for completely different reasons.

Best answers
To be honest...

I have no idea why we're in Iraq.
Same here, i dont know what business we have there.

But its voulentary and soldiers who go there gain combat experience, witch will definetly benifit them.
So i dont see a reason to oppose it either.

And for right to take life, if you can do it then you have the right to do it.
As other have the right to punish you and have vengeance on you for doing it, if they have to power to do so.

Might is right, so to say.

So i dont give a hoot if Saddam is executed tortured to death, let go. As long as they dont do it near my house (dont want to clean up).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was actually talk of instituting drafts in the u.s military in the hopes of preventing future wars like this one. Think about it, if your army is made up of people who did not volunteer, possibly politicians sons / daughters in the army, we're a lot less likely to use the military.

Anyway, I'm against hanging Saddam. It will bring about more death in the region and besides, i've always been against the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom