'Breaking News' Saddam to be Hanged today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a life long in prison is good (or bad) enough.. Taking away one's freedom and social contact hurts more than death.
seconded , he's getting away too easily !_! his death will be over in 3-4 secs anyways, so it's not even a painful death hanging him..

I'd either torture him every day and after 1 year i'd let the 'angry mob' kill him or do the same as bolteh said if i had the power to do this.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, it benefits him in a lot of ways, this way he can still gather more people for his own cause. Therefore making sure even after his death, he will have his legacy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hanging is an extremely painful death, Legendary. It isn't a quick process.

Cold Steel, this isn't a movie or a video game. Only former members of his Ba'ath party actually support him, so telling everyone not to hate the Westerners doesn't benefit him if he's dead. Unless he's trying to get the Western powers to intervene and keep him alive (which would be the best move), he's only helping us out.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They've always hated the Iranians, and he's telling the Iraqis not to hate us.

I'm not sure how that's propaganda on his part considering it benefits us in lots of ways, unless he's still working for us.

If someone raped your mother, cut open your father's chest and took a **** in the hole, and then beat the crap out of you, would you want revenge? Oh, I think you would. That's why they want him dead. And guess what? If we have the right to attack soverign nations without the support of the rest of the world, I'm pretty sure they have the right to kill the person who ruled them for so long. It's easy to say "KILLING HIM IS WRONG!" when you haven't lived through what they have. It's easy to judge people when you live so very far away. It's easy to judge people when you're ignorant. Again, I'm against his death but for completely different reasons.
I'd want the person tortured, not killed. I don't know how your brain is constructed, but killing someone will never work out, no matter what.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, it would be horrible to kill him, but making him live through excruciating pain is a-ok by you!

That is asinine.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, it benefits him in a lot of ways, this way he can still gather more people for his own cause. Therefore making sure even after his death, he will have his legacy.
i don't think so, he would get beaten up every single day, and maybe even some big black guys(or why not white) say to him at shower: "BEND OVER" or "you dropped your soap" then you know what happens..

Saddam would just get humiliated, he would definitely lose his pride.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, I call it retribution. But still I wouldn't kill him.

-edit-

And by torture I in no way mean, physical torturing. Just plain isolation would be good enough for me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, because it would be better to keep someone alive as they long for the sweet taste of death, then to end their suffering.

I hate to say it, but you're a twisted man.

Torture usually creates great physical or mental anguish. Either way, after a certain amount of time, death would be a kindness.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
End their suffering ? I'm sorry, are you saying a person like Saddam may not suffer ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Who are we to decide who gets to suffer, right? I mean, we aren't God!

The same principle that applies to death sentences applies to torture. In many ways, torture is much worse than death.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then why do you want him dead ? You're being a bit vague right now :|

Best answers
But you are saying that it's our decision to take away his life? That makes us no better than him..

Lock him in a cell and let him die of age is what I say.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
When did I say I wanted him dead? I said I don't want him dead, but for completely different reasons. I'm not going to say "I AM HOLIER THAN THOU! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SEEK REVENGE FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU!". I'm saying he should remain alive because everyone benefits from it. If he is killed, the Ba'ath party stops playing nice, and the death toll will rise on all sides.

Sorry boys and girls, but if you want to win a war (especially an unwinnable war), you can't hold onto the rule book while everyone else throws theirs away.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
*Nodds at Bolteh*

No need for caps there mate. You said something with "end their suffering." I got the intention you meant Saddam as well.

Best answers
Regardles of what a person has done, the death sentence is 'in-humane'. I've always belived that the human race had gone beyond that. I guess I was wrong.

Best answers
Well, that's what I'm saying as well.. Keep him alive, lock him up in a cell and let him die of age in prison (and it seems Coldy agrees on this as well)

So I don't really get what you're trying to say here oO

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold, you didn't even read my posts so whatever. Had you read, them you'd know what you said is completely different from what I said. The caps are there because you're trying to take the higher ground, the moral ground, in a place where morals have no place, especially since you obviously don't understand what has happened, and what is happening.

I'm saying it is stupid to tell the Iraqi people they don't have the right to kill Saddam. I don't think he should be killed but they have absolutely every right to rid themselves of him. That is the point I'm trying to make.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Now you're being presumptuous. This is the reason why I've never discussed/debated anything with you in a thread. You always assume too much, oh well. I've made my point, and you obviously did not understand it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I just re-read the thread Cold Steel, and the only point you made was it is ok to torture someone, but killing someone is completely wrong because the human race doesn't have the right to kill. When you live through what they lived through, you'll find that your opinion will change drastically.

I am not assuming anything.

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you've failed..

-Edit-

For the topics sake. Let's stop our quarrel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom