Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm not touchy at all. Even though you were just asking (like all those other people who asked the question a few million times, lol) but I was just giving my comment on it. But you shouldn't ask when you know the answer ;)

Best answers
Will there be an esf tournament or something one of these days?
To c who is the best?
Who is the best at the moment?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Aren't we touchy, it was just a question.
a question that every day every guy that register to the forum
ask without bothering to read the sticky...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ace267 said:
Will there be an esf tournament or something one of these days?
To c who is the best?
Who is the best at the moment?
I believe that title goes to Sarutobi.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
tony ffs cant a new member look a little before asking
every second a new member comes up and ask when it gonna be released if u look at stickey will be much easyier for u and us
when it wil be done it will be release no one knows the exact date

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Liad, i think he said it on purpose, lol.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yeah i thought so too be4
but its annoying people dont bother reading and every second ask when it will be released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was Sarutobi anounced the best at the ESF league? if so, isn't that a year or 2 ago? Well maybe we should have another tournament sometime for international or something, but I shouldn't push someone, none of my bussiness, sorry.

Best answers
The Efs 1.3 will be a mod of : Counter strike 1.6
Counter strike -source ?

Or wath ? and wend it will be the beta version ? :)

Best answers
personally, im tired of that answer "when its done". I am keeping in mind its free,they have other lives, yada yada so and so. All im saying is, you could at least TRY and lay out some sort of date... it would give people something to look forward to, even if the date does change. I cant speak for anyone else, but i would personally rather see an ever-changing date, then a "when its done" bs answer. I used to play a game, that had a really great version. However, the creator mentioned that he would be working hard to create a new version, which would have all this great stuff. He even showed us screen shots of all the models. And they used the same answer you did... "when its done". Well, days turned to weeks, turned to months, turned to about 2 years. And every time someone asked... when its done... when its done... eventually, people got so tired of that answer, they eventually got tired of the game, as they really didnt have anything to look forward to in the near future. So, eventually they all left... the version never came out, to this day, and the site shut down.

This isnt a metaphoric story, its a real one. Although it was about a DBZ WC3 map, which is much easier to make then this, its the same basic principle. People will get very uninterested if they dont have anything to look forward to. Set a date, interest improves. Move the date back, the mysteriousness and anticipation builds. True, they would eventually get tired of it, but it would take alot longer. Im not sure, but i think quite a few people are getting tired of that answer after about a year and a half.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gh0st-Xer0 said:
Set a date, interest improves. Move the date back, the mysteriousness and anticipation builds.
Hello! Welcome to mod creation! Here's how it works.

We set a date, we don't meet the date and say it's been pushed back, 200 topics come up on our forums *****ing about it. A week later people come around thinking it's been released, another 200 topics come up *****ing about it.

The second date we set has to be pushed back, 500 topics come up *****ing about it everyday. A week later, repeat process.

The third date we set has been pushed back, angered fans try to flood our servers and crash us.

So yeah, I think we're gonna stick to When it's done. At least then we aren't letting anyone down.

However! Since you are so hard set for one, i've been talking to alot of the team members so for anyone who looks here they'll have a rough idea, and hopefully it'll make you happy. At the current speed of the project we should have completed ESF 1.3 around May 5th-10th. 2007

Satisfied now? Leave us alone ffs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was released in it's current state unfinished it wouldn't be a qaulity release now would it?. Just be paitent for the time being, i'm sure quality serves a purpose with a game, especialy one that's being done in people's spare time.

Quality = good. Something that is rushed and released by demand = bad, full of bugs and not so good quality. /me points at ea and bf2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
May 5th-10th. 2007
lol
I should probably point out to anyone too stupid to pick up on that, that Kama's estimate is false, he's being a smartass.

Best answers
Howzit guys?

I tend to agree with Gh0st-Xer0 if there is some sort of date the interest will riase. And I think a tournament will be a great idea, so players can be more competetive and try to improve themselves. Thats what competion's do, and the game will be more played and the popularity will grow more if there were more competitions than normal free for all's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally, im tired of that answer "when its done".
Would you find "When they're finished" more satisfactory? I'm sure the team would have no objections to such a release date, if you think it would be better.

As for the mod dying before it will be released, I captured this screenshot off the HL2Files main page. You look at this and tell me ESF is dying. It's ahead of the nearest competition by 77%. Hardly in it's death throws, by any estimation.

I've been around longer than you have, and I'm not growing impatient. If you want to see how the mod is coming, all it takes is a $5 donation for access to the all powerful Force Pit. We see content way before the rest of the forums, if they see it at all.

Best answers
Woah, calm down people. You make it sound like i was trying to attack the team, i do realize how hard they work to make this mod and all. I was just suggesting that you could live life the same way, go about things as always, but throw some ballpark date out there. Hell, id settle for a "spring" or "summer". It just gives people something to cling onto for a bit longer.

P.S. that first sentece was more directed to Kama(no offense Kama ^_^")

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is "By 2010" ballpark enough for you? Or is it too olympic stadium to be helpful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom