✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes I bought myself a camera!
I know I don't know much about taking photographs, in fact I know nothing apart from point and shoot, making my photographs lack composition and clarity o_O
Anyway, i'd like to show this shot of some greenery near my house (there's not much to shoot in my town o_O)

How does it look? What is good and bad about it? What do you think of it?

Tell all here please :)

Best answers
shoulda taken it so that the cutoff of the picture on the bottom was before that green post, it draws away attention from the left side and the house in the back already does that, so if ya move the bottom border of the picture up around 2 feet real life, it will balance it better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its nice but i think it would be nicer if u took it 3 hours later, when the sun was abit less bright...meaning more shade and stuff..
hope u understand wtf i just said...lol ^_^
(big penis)
:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its far too bright out, i agree with spectre and nice yard btw :p

Best answers
spec's right - about the twilight thing...not the "big penis" whatever he ment by that...freak.

but if u are an amature as u say u r - i think ur really good! ur a natural. keep it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a privet joke u guys :\
try taking that pic at night, with the stars and moon out, maybe that will come out cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks nice, but as some sad, take it again later.

@ spectre: what the... does a big penis has to do with the info you gave him?
even if its a private joke, i wanna know ;)

dunno if you understood what i just sad, enormous penis... 0.o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at spectres signature, and you'll see some of it. Its a running IRC joke atm, not many understand it oO

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys, I know I need to work on what time of day I take the pictures now :)

Best answers
the iron(fence.. etc.) is bad cause it isn't supposed to be in the nature ..but that's nothing you can do about is it ? :)

and take foto's with the sun behind you

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Becoming a shutter-bug, eh Orion? Good to see some photography developing here. My only crit would be similar to the rest of them - try shooting when the sun's at a different angle, so you can reduce some of the glare coming off of the grass. Other than that, nice picture, you live in quite a scenic area =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Nightmar3
the iron(fence.. etc.) is bad cause it isn't supposed to be in the nature
i accualy thaugh about that, but it does fit after u look at the pic without it...does something to the img..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i took another picture, this time of the auction ground near my house (which is not actually in the picture). It's of a couple of old buildings on a moody day. I cropped some of the sky out as there was too much in and it didn't add anything to the picture.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/orionsig/cloudy.jpg

Hopefully this one is a little better oO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, I dont really like the fence :p But then if you went closer, the buildings would look to big. Other than that, I think its good. Onion's a farmer! :p

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They dont seem to have any substance. Its just a landscape. You should work on the angle you take the pictures at. Try and make it look more like you are trying to capture a moment then just point and click which it looks like now.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The landscape itself is a nice one for the picture, but takes Hsu's suggestion and try the shot again...and again and again, from different angles \o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, the 2nd one is nice, but it could be MUCH nicer if only that ruind house would be in it...give it a old look..

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd one, i suggest cutting the building tops out so its sky only, the 3rd and 4th one are perfect, the 1st one kinda looks like shenron is spreading the dragonballs across the planet :)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The flower pics are awesome! I also like the first sky pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom