Advanced melee idea (long read warning)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to read all of it because I've lost all hope, but I really, really think having that type of a lock-on system is a horrible idea. A red box is all you need. We don't need training wheels that'll b-line us straight to our opponent.
Well you say that because you didnt read it. The lock on doesnt aim instead of you. Its just round the oponent.

Like in 1.1 exept you dont need to actually aim directly at him to lock on. As long as the scouter stats are showing you lock on.

Allthough there is an alternative. In the design i used lock on as the advanced melee trigger. We could however actually have 2 melee types selectable.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The change comes when you press either LMB or RMB. Your character will then charge directly at the locked on player.
This is what I take issue with.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what I take issue with.
Sorry bout that.I guess i chose the wrong words.

The lock on does not help you aim in any way.

It only creates a box round the person you targeted and makes you swoop by pressing RMB or LMB.

I just called that swoop charge since you can start putting in the attack combination as soon as you start it.

Other then that its the same as the 1.1 system ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, as long as it isn't guiding you directly to the enemy, I'm good.

I read over the rest of the outline and to be perfectly honest, nothing sounds wrong, but I don't think I can accurately judge it without seeing some form of implementation. Which is horrible, because if it is implemented and it turns out to be the worst thing ever, it'll already be too late.

But for what it's worth, it doesn't look bad.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, as long as it isn't guiding you directly to the enemy, I'm good.

I read over the rest of the outline and to be perfectly honest, nothing sounds wrong, but I don't think I can accurately judge it without seeing some form of implementation. Which is horrible, because if it is implemented and it turns out to be the worst thing ever, it'll already be too late.

But for what it's worth, it doesn't look bad.
Well the coding may not be so tough on thisone. Since this is a slight modification of simple melee. The punch, kick and KI attack can all share the same code as simple melee with a difrent animation, damage value and blowback. And an autocatchup script. The blocking shouldnt be to hard to code in. The trickiest part should only be teleport and the handling of other player attacks and wall collisions.

But the basic code can just be copied and modified from simple melee.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If I understand this correctly, it seems like an elaborate form of 1.2's advanced melee. Replace the arrows with teleports and recharges.

I'm going to re-read this post, though, because I think I might have that wrong.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If I understand this correctly, it seems like an elaborate form of 1.2's advanced melee. Replace the arrows with teleports and recharges.

I'm going to re-read this post, though, because I think I might have that wrong.
Well the idea is a simple melee with comboes ^^

And so that you arnt really forced into it. You have a way of escaping.

Basically each attack that deals damage is a variation of simple melee. Only its fully blockable (mastered blocking) and you can even escape it (teleport).

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanted to say this might just be the best advance melee ideea :D

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, kind of streamlines the 1.3 melee rather than making a 'duel-zone'. I love the fact that its timer/counter based, and that nostalgic feel of alpha.
I think the combo field should be there, but optional to turn on/off - not sure if thats what you were getting at. You want to see that what you pressed worked (after a while it wouldnt matter - you just know), and newbies can easily see what their doing and experiment.
I visualise the flamethrower/ ki knockback like a quick wrl beamflare pulse (without beam or beamhead of course).

Simple system with inherent complexity. Keeps the adrenalin up and gives the player control, with the eyecandy of Zfighting.
Solid man =รƒยพ

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an idea similar very very similar to this, but simpler, shall I post it here or make a new thread?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an idea similar very very similar to this, but simpler, shall I post it here or make a new thread?
I dont mind if you post it here. BUt it may get more atention if you make it in a seperate thread.

SO its kinda your choice ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom