a few ideas, beampush, finger laser 2 block, city holes to shoot, scout height meter

Best answers
well i wanna make some suggestions for future versions of ESF, plz comment if it sux

1 a beam that pushes someone away (like trunks uses to push vegeta in the imperfect cell saga), the pushed away person flies like hit from a melee (that fast) (give this to trunks)

2 on the scouter a heightmeter for the enemy that is closest to you in relation to your heightlevel (like a bar next to the scouter and if he is higher then you a dot goes up the bar and if he is lower then you a dot goes down the bar)
i think this would be handy cause i loose people when they teleport like mad

3 a button to hide your power so your invis from the scouter but you cant attack, but i dont really know what uses this might have (like cell uses as a weakling)

4 a few nice maps (namek or earth theme) with alot of heightdifferences (like in the betapreview movie) and alot of tunnels and holes in the ground
and maybe a map like that planet where vegeta training before he got ss and there should strike a metroid once inn a while

5 i think the frieza beams 1rst function should be a bit stronger and the second should be blockeble (like goku does in the series)

6 in the city maps some tall houses should be able to be shot down (but regenerate after a while so they can be shot down againt) that would be cool (like that secret in the cs map office)

that would be it

btw dont make the melee system to complicated in future versions and dont do anything where you gotta tap
and thanx the guy who posted the sensu bean info cause its a feature in the game and should be used, and searching in deathmatch aint fun

oh yeah and maybe they should change blocking a bit so you can block the area effect of an explosion when you face it

Last edited by kebabking on 04-03-2003 at 06:04 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-03-2003 03:59 AM

Mystic Snidely
ESF Junkie

1) It wasn't just Trunks' beam that did this - this is how beams in DBZ behave., on the whole. For example, the first Goku versus Vegeta fight. Vegeta loses the power struggle and gets blown up into the upper atmosphere.

I would like it if beams did actually "catch" people. If you were caught, a meter would come up (like when you try to recover from melee) and if you succeed, you drop out of the beam straight down: you'll need to recover again, or spend time sprawled on the ground. Being in a kame hurts, after all.

You take damage constantly while in the beam.

It only explodes if it hits the terrain.

2) That's the whole point of teleport - to confuse your foe. I don't agree with this.

3) If you can't think of a use, I wouldn't suggest it.

4) Lots of tunnels equals bad ESFing. Limited room means it's harder to move, which makes for poor quality melee.

5) Yeah. Sounds cool.

6) Breakable stuff means more entities. More entities mean more lag - I think (not too sure) the beams are entities themselves. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the ESF team have said the half-life engine can't take it.

By the way - if you're blocking and within the radius of an explosion, you'll take less damage than you would. I don't think it's really possible to block struggle explosions.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-03-2003 04:48 AM

kebabking
ESF n00b

Kebabco

btw i think theres 2 kinda of beams and they can kinda toggle between this i think
1 who does the damage but doesnt move the people alot
2 little damage but the person flies away (so they wont annoy you)

well i dont think that is much different from the thing now (yours fall donw) but i thought of a weak beam which hits a guy and it he doest block it the beam pushes him accros the map real quick, but he should have to much stun when he hits the wall (so they wont spam it and laser if hes down)

i think the tunnels would mean better ESF, tunnels the size of that hole on the namek make would be nice imo
cause there the guy who got beat up could run there and there could be a cool chase i think, with those kiblast flying around the chased one or the other could decide not to fly after him at all but direct a beam in the tunnel, then maybe with a bit of autoaim it would not hit the wall and fly through the tunnel

well it wouldnt mean more lag i think (if the wall just collapses the same way everytime, which wouldnt bother me to much, if i could blow a hole in a building and fly throuhg it)
but it would down framerate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like most of your suggestions, and I believe some of them were actually already going to be in.

The only one I don't agree with is the one with houses being shot down... too much work with the HL engine, and if it would be done: too much lag.

By the way: I think you screwed up your post after the part you were talking about explosion blocking...

Best answers
I think you clicked on "New Thread" instead of "Post Reply". Check out my reply to your other thread and delete this one please. :)

Best answers
oh damn, but how do i delete this

nm, they closed the other thread, btw sorry but i accidently clicked the wrong button

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's alright. If you want I can reopen the other one and close this one. I guess it's up to you. Just try to push the right button next time. :smile:

Best answers
Oh well.

Bear with me while I copy and paste. :tired:

I said:
Well, if it causes a framerate headache for the server, then the people on it will more likely lag. Just like Natural Selection when the aliens build a gazillion turrets and webs. The team has previously said there will be no breakable entities (for now, anyway). So don't get your hopes up.

You misunderstood my idea for a beam - they would get "pushed back". What I meant is that they can break free, as long as they have enough ki and pl. If they break free, then they fall to the ground. Otherwise, the beam will hit the terrain and it will explode, probably fatally wounding the guy on the wrong end.
You said:
wont you need 2 kinda beams then,
1 where you win a blockstruggle you would throw the beam back
2 where you would win and fall to the ground

btw it would also be cool if you are mucho more powerful then someone and he shooots at you and you just swat it back, to hit people with it (i dunno how, just hit peoipel with the things you swat away, like a little homing to people that stand right and left of you)
kind unclear but i suck here
You can swat beams back by winning a block struggle.

If you block the beam, the effect I described doesn't happen. It just becomes a block struggle instead. If you don't block, (for example, you were swooping at someone but couldn't pull up in time) then what I described happens (the guy gets a trip to the edge of the map on the end of your beam).

Best answers
thanx

k, i now get it
would be sweet but i think the beams should be slower then (and balls faster in return) so you can avoid to powerstruggle, cause i want to keep the player the choice of powerstruggleing or not (if he is awake)

it think it would get the pace outta the game if there were too many struggles

btw this forum is ok thanx
*you're the boss :smile: * - ET

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom