ZEQ II Lite

Discord Member
Best answers
hmm tried out on myself..graphics are very nice but haven't had a chance to try it out online, are there any servers on?

anyhow this shows some promise :)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm tried out on myself..graphics are very nice but haven't had a chance to try it out online, are there any servers on?

anyhow this shows some promise :)
It definitely looks good. With time and refinement, I'm sure it will do well. I'll get around to downloading it to take a look at some point.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be an official server up, but i don't have the IP

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is fking great! I Fking love this game!

I really like the Health and ki system. This game is full of fun! I'm still having fun with how to play the game. How do I use melee? Powerjump etc?

It would be great if you guys show us how to play :smile:

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A manual would be good i guess but i kinda figured out allmost all the things in the game. :)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still didnt fight with melee because I cant join a server on the internet, and I dont know how to fight a bot. Tenzo help me here since you've figured many things out.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the info on their site you should notice that styles are not in yet.

Best answers
Hmm I wish I could play, but I can't at the moment. Looks like it'd be a lot of fun to try out for learning purposes. I remember someone mentioned the idea of flying that's in this game, so it'd be cool to see how that's useful and how the animations sync up.

I'm impressed by the amount of progress and the impact its had in private development, Zeth. It's definitely worth putting out there for people to enjoy. Has ZEQ II had any influence on other game engine developments that we might be familiar with?

Last edited:
Best answers
If you want servers go into the chat and ask someone might have started one.I know one but idk when it's online 74.194.99.70 well it was online today...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I’ve got to say, I’m extremely impressed by what I’m seeing for an open beta.

Yeah, obviously you’re not done with animations, some parts of the system are a bit glitchy, but the visual aesthetics I’m seeing are superb, as well as the extremely clear sound effects and music. I’m in LOVE with the orchestral SS3 Power Up composition for the menu, it’s incredible.

Movement controls work very nicely, though I personally think the long-distance flight controls feel a bit blocky.

It also appears that your “F”-bound power-up function is inoperable.

I’ve also noticed that setting the lighting from Light Mapping to Vertex makes the grass in the only map turn black. Shaded and graded, but black.

Finally though, your outline shader effect works really well, but I’d highly recommend finding a way to anti-alias that, because it’s very “steppy” and even at max AA in the graphics panel, it still brings down what are otherwise amazingly Dragonball-like graphics.

I got a chance for a minute or two to play online before the server died. I'd really like to get my hands on the manual mentioned earlier. I'm also lost on the melee. Goku has this one attack where he spreads his arms out, but that's about it.

Also, I tend to notice a lot of beams and blasts fire from on the ground tend to explode in your face. Not sure why.

Also, I think shadows are flat in this game. I stood on top of the farmhouse silo at one point and realized my shadow was falling over a plane in midair.

Best answers
It also appears that your “F”-bound power-up function is inoperable.
To use it you hold F and either D or A (strafe right or straft left) to raise or lower your PL respectively. It doesn't just work, it's a core aspect of the gameplay :)

I’ve also noticed that setting the lighting from Light Mapping to Vertex makes the grass in the only map turn black. Shaded and graded, but black.
That's likely due to the Quake 3 engine's incredibly poor Vertex lighting model. Leave it on Light Map, Vertex lighting has always just lowered the lighting quality in the engine.

Finally though, your outline shader effect works really well, but I’d highly recommend finding a way to anti-alias that, because it’s very “steppy” and even at max AA in the graphics panel, it still brings down what are otherwise amazingly Dragonball-like graphics.
The outlines aren't a post process shader, they're mesh based so they should be getting anti-aliased just the same as any other mesh would, though it could be that the 1 pixel wide lines are too sparse for hardware AA to work on.

Also, I tend to notice a lot of beams and blasts fire from on the ground tend to explode in your face. Not sure why.
Yeah, I've noticed this, it seems the projectile bounding box/sphere gets caught on the ground bellow you as it's fired. Definately needs a bit of tweaking here.

Also, I think shadows are flat in this game. I stood on top of the farmhouse silo at one point and realized my shadow was falling over a plane in midair.
Yup, Quake 3 engine dynamic shadows are flat along the ground plane as Q3 never had "real" dynamic shadows implemented, just very simple shadow matrix transform which ignores the environment. Like the Vertex lighting problem, this is a draw back of the engine and nothing specific to the mod.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

keep it up.. is there a forum of this mod or?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I read the manual through and through. Now that I get what's going on, I love it twice as much =D

F+D is really helpful, now I understand how the gauge system works, and it's really an elegant system.

I also hadn't gotten that space-bar and mouse3 weren't the same thing, so now I understand boosting as opposed to high-speed flight. Navigation feels infinitely simpler and more effective now. I've been stuck at school this whole week, but I can't WAIT to try this online again. I can't wait to see how the melee works in practice.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only problem is using boosting with melee. Its a pain in the ass to click the both mouse buttons while holding number 3.

I do find it interesting how you can heal yourself.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Heh, I've just went on ModDB to check out what ZEQ II Lite is and one of the things that popped out was this:

"47 comments by Damaera on Sep 1st, 2009"

Now isn't that something... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom