Virginia Tech shooting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about stop making new ones and just start destroying the ones that exist. Screw museum artifacts from WW1,2 aswel. Just destroy them all. If every country acted like that it would be a lot better. But NO the whoe stupid humanity goes by the rule "New weapons, stronger weapons and more damage will save us in case of a WHAT IF"

There would be no what ifs if humanity wasnt as stupid as it is. Hell i dare say every fly is smarter than humans. So what we can build stuff. Big deal in the end we just kill ourselves off. You dont see flys doing that.

Beeing religious i ask myself a lot of rimes "Was god drunk or stoned when he decided to give us free will?" cause so far it only brought suffering and more suffering.
Well, free will is fine, the problem is that *******s control countries. Currently including mine. That can be prevented, but unfortunately not on a global scale. Human kind could survive just fine without weapons. But only if every single human on the planet gave up their weapons. By that I mean all countries, all militaries, all governments etc. The only problem with that is the people who have jobs in the military, that in that case wouldn't be neccessary.

That's a true Utopia, I suppose. An impossible utopia.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about stop making new ones and just start destroying the ones that exist. Screw museum artifacts from WW1,2 aswel. Just destroy them all. If every country acted like that it would be a lot better. But NO the whoe stupid humanity goes by the rule "New weapons, stronger weapons and more damage will save us in case of a WHAT IF"

There would be no what ifs if humanity wasnt as stupid as it is. Hell i dare say every fly is smarter than humans. So what we can build stuff. Big deal in the end we just kill ourselves off. You dont see flys doing that.

Beeing religious i ask myself a lot of rimes "Was god drunk or stoned when he decided to give us free will?" cause so far it only brought suffering and more suffering.
Even if we destroy all the guns there would still be people who know how to make more guns and thus leading to something maybe even worse then what it is now.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know that the majority of farmers in Britain own guns, go hunting and such? Perfectly legal, you just need a licence, my friend at college works at a gun club, my other friend owns a shotgun and caught his own bird for x-mas this year. Since they use shotguns - something non-concealable, it's legal, its only handguns and machine guns that are illegal, so please try to understand, there practicality in gun use, but then there's letting idiots have access to guns which can be hidden and used anywhere.

I guess it's a young country indeed, but you look at the amount of changes in our influence by the monarchy in Britain in regards to political control, it's only been in the past 100 years that the democratically elected government has had the much more of a say in how the country is run. You're still using the same rhetoric that was decided 200 years ago as a guideline in a completely difference society (before the nuclear family, just getting into the industrial ages there), society has forced change upon Britain, since the invention of the telegraph and radio, communication technology has had a big influence, yet your country now with a whole different society structure, with new communication possibilities is still sticking to what they thought was best 200 years ago. Maybe I'm criticising America a little too much, i mean this was a disaster and it was the actions of a few, the constitution is still quite relevant considering when it was written, like the ten commandments for example. It's just I fail to see the benefit of this "eye for an eye" fear syndrome that is intended by installing guns in the hands of the masses.

There's a grey area I don't wanna go too deep into, but I understand any American defending the constitution, after all, it is often taught in schools to be held in high regard, something of national pride.

The point I made about knives was nothing to do with; "lets all carry knives" my point was meant to illustrate that any kind of weapon which isn't projectile based is much more easily dealt with. A guy comes to a classroom with a gun, ****, you don't do a thing, guy comes in with a knife, I bet you that the police aren't the ones who are gonna take that guy down, well, at least in the school I went to :p.

Like I said though, America is incapable of this kind of change now, such important changes in a country must be brought about naturally, and should not be forced, in history we've learned that much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And why do American's describe every person deemed a criminal as "troubled"?
It's amazing how biased and ignorant people tend to claim Americans are, when the wanton stereotyping and bigotry gets spit out just as much everyone else. In fact by adopting this attitude that I keep seeing from numerous members, you are actually committing said prejudice! What say we (EVERYONE HERE) avoid derisive comments against one another and maintain civility in this shakey political "discussion?"

Read up on Cho Seung-hui and maybe you will understand that every piece of evidence points to him being disturbed. Crazy. The kind of crazy that goes undiagnosed for way too long because it mostly keeps to itself.

Now is it the fault of American gun laws that this man went out and murdered people? Or is it the fault of a series of unfortunate conditions that arose from the afflictions of this unlucky individual, placed where he was, having gone through whatever trauma and loneliness he has? In the end it's a man who kills people, and when people are driven to kill, they find some way to do it. They'll buy a replica katana or make a homemade bomb or duct tape a knife to a broomhandle, for crap's sake. People don't murder people because they can, but because they want to.

Shootings like this have happened all over the place. England, Russia, Bosnia, the Netherlands, Germany, Australia, China, Thailand, whatever. The last big one on the news, if I recall, happened at a college in good old Canada. The killer was profiled as "disturbed" as well. I suppose there's an obvious correlation between mental trauma and -suicidal killing sprees-. Maybe it's our scapegoating Canadian/American reporters trying to support gun freedoms... or maybe the kid was a known loner who referred to himself as "The Angel of Death" and fantasized about killing people. Who knows. In any case calling this a problem unique to us... or even a chronic issue is just plain ignorant. These events are shocking and tragic and hit home, of course, but they are scattered in nature.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that maybe this political argument isn't exactly the entire reason behind these kind of incidents, however, you cannot argue that America has a big problem gun crime, it is this which worries me, not some wild psychopath killing innocent people. However I do not fully believe that the access to guns has nothing to do with this. I was more amazed at the unconditional support of personal firearms. I hope you understand this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Neighbor Abdul Shash described Cho as "very quiet, always by himself", and said he spent a lot of time playing basketball and would not respond if someone greeted him. Fellow student Julie Poole said that on the first day of a literature class last year the students introduced themselves one by one, but when it was Cho's turn, he did not speak. The professor, she said, looked at the sign-in sheet and where everyone else had written their names, Cho had written a question mark. "We just really knew him as the question mark kid," Poole added."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cho_Seung-hui#Behavior

The guy seems pretty troubled to me. You don't go out and kill 30 people without being troubled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To respond to an earlier poster, my idea about arming teachers was a joke. In any case:

Registered gun owners in America, 1977: 54% of all citizens

Registered gun owners in America, 2006: 21% of all citizens

So I mean... chill out, some of you. We're demilitarizing.

Granted, this is from 2003: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2656875.stm

Under the right circumstances both deterrence and pacifism can prove themselves ineffective... its a lot more complicated than a simple ideology.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6372717.stm

Read the bit in the green bullet points. I can understand the reasons why they've risen in certain area's West Midlands is where i live, I got mugged 2 times last year, and 2 of my mates got mugged too, none at gun or knife point though, I've been mugged previous times when i was younger too, only once there was a weapon, which was a knife. Manchester and London are even more dodgy =/, all these places are going down hill currently, all crime is rising in these area's, not just gun crime, knives are the main concern since there are knife crime advertisements on buses and billboards produced by west midlands Police. The criminals are getting younger, a product of the current social acceptance of 'chavs' imo, something that's plaguing our country at the moment. However, I'm not frightened at all by gun crime here. So yes, it's a lot more different than ideology, especially when only looking at the surface.

Surprisingly enough, I wasn't crying out for statistics, I was bewildered at the people's responses here, such as "it would have been better if everyone there had a gun", that kind of attitude is what I think is more of a problem, I think it just supports a catch 22 situation.

I tried to be as respectful as I could, but i cant help but feel some might've taken it with offence, I'm sorry for stating my view, I'll keep it to myself next time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arming everyone with guns is too dangerous.

People get pissed over the stupidest things. They have said things they normally wouldn't and break out over a fight. I do not doubt for one second that gun fights over stupid **** would escalate dramatically.

I'm also not liking **some** generalized views of Americans. Remember this guy originally came from South Korea.

Where the **** are this kid's parents? Relatives? This is the 3rd time I have seen a stereotype live up to it's name: a quite, depressed, unpopular kid making one final stand. I honestly believe they think they are making a gigantic statement because it's copycat manuevers. The public area, death notes, the suicide. It's sad how they think this cliche is the solution.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This gun control issue reminds me of that family guy episode when the world basically broke out in nuclear war and they had to start over and create a new society. Peter started stockpiling guns saying they were needed and everyone basically kicked him out of town and burned all of the guns. Then mutated stewies came into town and killed all the defenseless villagers.

You can look at that two ways. They needed weapons to defend themselves or they never would have been in that situation if it wasn't for weapons. Anyway, I think I'm off topic just a bit.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have X people and 1 gun, X people are in danger of being shot.
If you have X people and 0 guns, 0 people are in danger of being shot.

You people will die before you learn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weG7A4lTGtg , from one of the earlier pages... and my God, I cannot stress enough how much of an idiot Jack Thompson is. There's no words for it. He talked about another attack in Germany, where a killer dressed up as the "hero" of the game "counter strike half life", in which he immersed himself, along with 52 other shooter games. Hero in Counterstrike? You mean, the cops? The special fucking forces? I genuinely hate this man.

As for VT.. I doubt there's anything more I can say that hasn't already been said. I wish strength for all the victims and their families.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I was just watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weG7A4lTGtg , from one of the earlier pages... and my God, I cannot stress enough how much of an idiot Jack Thompson is. There's no words for it. He talked about another attack in Germany, where a killer dressed up as the "hero" of the game "counter strike half life", in which he immersed himself, along with 52 other shooter games. Hero in Counterstrike? You mean, the cops? The special fucking forces? I genuinely hate this man.

As for VT.. I doubt there's anything more I can say that hasn't already been said. I wish strength for all the victims and their families.
I doubt he's a decent parent and serious reporter who never play video game.

I'm seem alot of them in the community...........

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dissecting Jack's Lies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why hasn't anyone sued him for slander/liable yet?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lols

"expert in school shootings"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To respond to an earlier poster, my idea about arming teachers was a joke. In any case:

Registered gun owners in America, 1977: 54% of all citizens

Registered gun owners in America, 2006: 21% of all citizens

So I mean... chill out, some of you. We're demilitarizing.

Granted, this is from 2003: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2656875.stm

Under the right circumstances both deterrence and pacifism can prove themselves ineffective... its a lot more complicated than a simple ideology.
Nice...nice...Can you now give me some numbers of unregistered guns? That and currently there are living 300 million people in America. In 1977 this was not the same, I don't know how many people lived then. But it shows those numbers are not exact. 25% of 300 million in 2006 and 50% of 150 million people in 1977 both are 75 million people owning guns (This was an example by the way). Still, 21% of 300 million (63 million people) is still a lot of people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, from the newest sources, this south-korean bastard played cs all day long, had no social life and made up these 'imaginary girlfriends', and that guy killed a girl, who wasn't a girlfriend of his.

I don't know tho, i've only heard of this.

Anyways, god bless the hurted/killed ones.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huzzah! Xerimethius stopped trolling!

Anyways, I think if guns were banned in general America, or an extremely strict law were laid down, things like this would most likely could have been greatly reduced in terms of death toll and such.

If guns were banned, let's say.. A Police officer had stopped a man whom of which was claimed to have a gun,
(Banned, only able to get through illegal means, thus making him a criminal)
in which the tip from the person who had called in was correct and he has a gun, then the officer would right then and there would pull out his own gun (Trained officers of the law, still able to carry them of course) and treated this person as a criminal, because that is what he is.

A criminal easily spotted, caught and dealt with due to the gun banning.
Though, what I meant in 'general America' is that the gun banning would have a different effect on hunting rifles, strictly for hunters in much smaller towns ect.

May those poor souls who were killed by that gunman on that day, rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom