Virginia Tech shooting

Best answers
Yeah. Guns totally made him think he's on par with Jesus.
OK, I didn't quite express myself correctly...

Guns - Easy killing
Easy killing - High risk of insanity
High risk of insanity - Z0MG I'M JUST LIKE JESUS!!!!111 *shoots himself*

That's more or less what I meant... don't blame you if you don't get it lol.

Swords are even more brutal than guns, mate.
You can run away from a sword much easier than you can run away from a bullet.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people.
People kill people WITH GUNS, much more effective than close combat.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, I didn't quite express myself correctly...

Guns - Easy killing
Easy killing - High risk of insanity
High risk of insanity - Z0MG I'M JUST LIKE JESUS!!!!111 *shoots himself*

That's more or less what I meant... don't blame you if you don't get it lol.

You can run away from a sword much easier than you can run away from a bullet.

And I'd rather have my arm cut off than to have a bullet dancing around in my head, heart, kidney, guts, lungs, liver... you get the drill.
Easy killing = High risk of insanity? I own a .308 browning. It'd be pretty easy to kill just about anything. I've cut trees down with that gun. Have I gone insane? No, sir, I have not.

You can side-step away from a bullet. Try side stepping a sword slashing horizontally.

If you're going to compare getting your arm cut off to getting shot in the head, I can just as easily say I'd rather get shot in the leg than get my head, legs, and arms lopped off by a sword, or stabbed through the face, chest, penis, anus, nostrils, etc etc by a sword.

EDIT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/20/u...7c6f5750a6084d&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

So much for needing tougher gun laws.

Best answers
Sigh.. you know what? If you guys are gonna support a law that is responsible for 11,000+ deaths IN A SINGLE COUNTRY by a bullet anually... I have nothing left to do than to pray for you.

And I said it's easy to KILL, not easy to have the possibillity to kill a person. Hell, it was (at least physically) pretty easy for the Virginia gunner. Just squeeze the trigger.

And you can't side-step a bullet just like that, this isn't the Matrix.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You make it sound like the United States is a small country. As large as America is and as diverse as America is, there are going to be problems regardless of whether or not guns are allowed.

Basically, stop telling us how to run our country. You don't live here, you don't know what it's like.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are we pretending the Russian Mafia doesn't run the government?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sigh.. you know what? If you guys are gonna support a law that is responsible for 11,000+ deaths IN A SINGLE COUNTRY by a bullet anually... I have nothing left to do than to pray for you.

And I said it's easy to KILL, not easy to have the possibillity to kill a person. Hell, it was (at least physically) pretty easy for the Virginia gunner. Just squeeze the trigger.

And you can't side-step a bullet just like that, this isn't the Matrix.
What law are you referring to? Each state has different weapon laws.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not the law, it's the availibility. Yeah this kid bought them legally, but something tells me the majority of the gun deaths in America have it so the firearm was obtained illegally.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not the law, it's the availibility. Yeah this kid bought them legally, but something tells me the majority of the gun deaths in America have it so the firearm was obtained illegally.
Technically, he wasn't supposed to be sold a firearm because of his history of mental illness, so I don't know how legit the purchase actually is.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically, he wasn't supposed to be sold a firearm because of his history of mental illness, so I don't know how legit the purchase actually is.
According to Wikipedia:

On December 13, 2005, Cho was temporarily involuntarily committed for a psychiatric assessment, as he was suspected to be mentally ill and a danger to himself or others by a Montgomery County, Virginia district court. Virginia Special Justice Paul Barnett certified in an order that Cho "[presented] an imminent danger to himself as a result of mental illness," and directed that as a "Court-ordered Out-Patient he follow all recommended treatments." Following a psychiatric evaluation and medical exam which noted Cho's flat affect and depressed mood, he was told to undergo outpatient care and was released on December 14, 2005. Some reports state that Cho is believed to have been taking psychiatric medications for depression, but there is no record of this in federal prescription databases. The fact he was not committed meant he was still legally eligible to buy guns, avoiding the ban on those who have been involuntarily committed from owning firearms.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh, does it really matter anymore. Some Americans like their guns, until they feel a little safer they're always gonna have em, just something to do with their culture. Leave em to it I say, it's their problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as Americans distrust their government, they'll always have guns. This country was founded on distrust of government, so I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Best answers
Are we pretending the Russian Mafia doesn't run the government?
Are we pretending Bush is a saint? Just to mention one of many...

Anyhow, I've never used a gun, never bought one, don't know much about them, and I'm certainly not gonna buy one.

And I'll say something I should have said in my first post, rather than turning this into heavy disputes, almost flaming...

I really feel for the lives lost in that university, and I pray their families will some day find a way to get back on their feet from this terrible genocide.

I am truly sorry for my behaviour... I turned a topic about terrible losses into a "Your country's laws suck at this and that" kind of topic. No matter how much I might think this may be related to the subject at hand, I sincerely apologize... and I'm surprised I didn't get a warning for this.

Off-Topic: Zeonix, there are ways to prove someone wrong, and sarcasm is only gonna keep this going and we're just gonna get our asses warned/banned... again. Let's just pull ourselves together and not talk to each other at all, ok? 'Cos we're obviously never gonna get along...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are we pretending Bush is a saint? Just to mention one of many...

Anyhow, I've never used a gun, never bought one, don't know much about them, and I'm certainly not gonna buy one.

And I'll say something I should have said in my first post, rather than turning this into heavy disputes, almost flaming...

I really feel for the lives lost in that university, and I pray their families will some day find a way to get back on their feet from this terrible genocide.

I am truly sorry for my behaviour... I turned a topic about terrible losses into a "Your country's laws suck at this and that" kind of topic. No matter how much I might think this may be related to the subject at hand, I sincerely apologize... and I'm surprised I didn't get a warning for this.

Off-Topic: Zeonix, there are ways to prove someone wrong, and sarcasm is only gonna keep this going and we're just gonna get our asses warned/banned... again. Let's just pull ourselves together and not talk to each other at all, ok? 'Cos we're obviously never gonna get along...
Your first sentence is exactly why Americans keep guns. To protect people like that from gaining too much power. I'm not going to end a discussion just because a mod might get his panties in a bunch. It's exactly that kind of fear that gets your freedoms taken away.

Best answers
Your first sentence is exactly why Americans keep guns. To protect people like that from gaining too much power. I'm not going to end a discussion just because a mod might get his panties in a bunch. It's exactly that kind of fear that gets your freedoms taken away.
I'm not ending it because of that either. I'm just saying this thread is supposed to be about the innocent 30+ students who are dead. And here we are, dukeing it out with impolite discussions. You said 2nd ammendment rights are right, I said they were wrong. You told your reasons, I told mine.

If we keep this up, we'll just end up flaming each other again. And I didn't mean the warn/ban thing because of this thread, I meant the entire friggin forum in general. Everytime both of us hop in a topic like this, we can't help but to contradict ourselves for the sake of our own testosterons or our country's penises. >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not ending it because of that either. I'm just saying this thread is supposed to be about the innocent 30+ students who are dead. And here we are, dukeing it out with impolite discussions. You said 2nd ammendment rights are right, I said they were wrong. You told your reasons, I told mine.
That's what I thought at first, but we can only mourn for so long. It doesn't have to be a debate about the 2nd Admendment, but about how to help prevent incidents like this from happening.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Andy:And yet here you are continuing the conversation you wanted to end.

As I said before, everyone should worry about their own country's problems before hopping aboard the AMERICA IS HORRIBLE FOR X REASON express.

Best answers
That's what I thought at first, but we can only mourn for so long. It doesn't have to be a debate about the 2nd Admendment, but about how to help prevent incidents like this from happening.
Guns can be restricted in public places like this with strict and confident security. Idk about the requirements in order to do this, but I'm sure the expenses would never be comparable to lost lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom