Vindictus

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta love how they make use of the source engine. Too bad all this will take a while for Vindictus NA. It doesn't matter though, i like it how they'r releasing content in parts, sort of has natural progression to it.
Won't take that long; we have some features already that Korea just got a month ago. The content is mainly translating right now, and minor coding. Nexon said they're actually applying additional resources to get us caught up with the Korean version. They realize people don't like being a year behind in content. :p

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;MB6oS5ukc7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB6oS5ukc7k[/video]

WHY OH WHY CAN'T I PLAY HIM!!! :cry:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The video above is pure epic awesomeness. Is the main guy there (with cool armor) a playable character or a NPC?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, an npc. See this for continuation.

Edit: Although am not truly sure at this point. Please prove me wrong Nexon.

[video=youtube;c5Z7Iamsc3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z7Iamsc3E[/video]

Edit: Bugged intro boss. Hurr Hurr.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this pisses me off. I wanted to a new character but you can't use one of the new hairstyles or the new hair colors without rl $$$. That sucks.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cash shop to support the game, yeah. Source isn't free to use. :p(Unless it's a mod.)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats pretty gay. Why make hairstyles something you have to pay for? Only the lamers will buy em.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, dude, because it costs tons of money to license an engine, pay workers, marketing, ect. They have to make it back some way, since there is no purchase or sub fee. Server costs, too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But seriously? Hair? I can understand items and everything but... hair? Why not make it eye color and skin tone too?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, dude, because it costs tons of money to license an engine, pay workers, marketing, ect. They have to make it back some way, since there is no purchase or sub fee. Server costs, too.
I don't have a problem about buying hair but I want to have it permanently, not renew every 30 days. Also they were given the source engine for free, I think.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, they were not lol, it costs money to license it, and costs workers, time, ect, all the adverts. I agree on wanting it perm, though.

And why eye color? Why skin tone? Then they'd be racist. This way, if you want special hair, sure. 90% of the time, you'll have a Helmet on, so it's not a huge deal. I already got the hair style I want, it's a free one, from EAOB, so yeah. Also, they sell stuff like this, so they don't have to sell like super OP equipment.

Basically, it's either buying hairs, faces, and distinct looks, or suffering from a "Pay 2 win" Cash Shop.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's racist not to let people choose the skin color they want.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw some cool spears/scythes/hammers. Does the main DPS class (Lann, I think) have to use those dual sword in order to be an actual DPS class? I'd really like to use heavy sword similar to the one used by that NPC guy in the video above.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw some cool spears/scythes/hammers. Does the main DPS class (Lann, I think) have to use those dual sword in order to be an actual DPS class? I'd really like to use heavy sword similar to the one used by that NPC guy in the video above.
I really want a heavy sword as well, so unless Karok is somehow able to get that weapon, no one will have Heavy Swords.

Evie, Magic User, can choose to use Scythes later on. Fiona, Shield User, gets to choose Hammers later on, instead of the regular swords. And Lann, Dual Wielder, can choose to use dual Spears instead of dual swords. Dual Spears are supposed to be fully offensive weapons, have a skill set for full on attack, but you lose you abililty to dash dodge.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, alot of sucky restrictions, but it's a game based on the lore of Mabinogi, another NExon game, and in that game, 5 heroes, two women, three men, three human, 1 a elf, 1 a giant, and all that, they had the names, Lann, Evie, Karok, Kai, and Fiona, so yeah. We're kinda characters in a story.

Oh, and Ellis dies in quite a bloody way. Probably the bloodiest death I've seen in a MMO, and that includes Age of Conan.

[video=youtube;f7ohUbMezZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ohUbMezZo[/video]

Video doesn't show the blood that well, but in-game, it's like pools. Raining blood.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AHHH... Mkilbridge!! Not Cool!

You just sucked out whatever little story telling there was for me. And the story IS interesting, especially for an mmo.

Use this Please.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Boy are you slow.

Also, western release is months away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom