Vegeta's kiblast - balance problem

Best answers
Renzokuken SUCKS - it fires six balls in the time it takes most characters to rattle off 12 w/ the alternate fire, it takes the same amount of time for him to charge it up as it does for him to just fire off 6, so why even use renzokuken besides for looks, it is more effective to just secondary fire and have it be constantly hurting the guy, rather than start up a half hour later

In a nutshell, decrease charge time on Renzokuken

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its an instant ki blob to an unsuspecting victim, try that with regular ki blasts

Best answers
to be honest vegeta's Rezenkou dan is crappy

he needs to fire more ki blasts because it takes half hsi ki bar when u could just fire like 16 ki blasts with half a ki bar

Best answers
It doesn't need more!!! It will cause crashes in the server!!!!!!

Best answers
Ok, even though this has been suggested before loads of times, constructive criticism is hard for some people.. :rolleyes:

Wolf Devil is right when he says that more blasts would crash the server, but i agree the attack has to be changed.

You could increase the damage per KI blast, but that would actually end up as another hard hitter attack.. (wich i think we have enough of)
I believe the best way to improve the attack would indd be to DECREASE THE CHARGE TIME. :warning:
That would make the attack actually worth using, cause you don't have to do it for the damage it gives. It would be worth using it cause you could outshoot people who spam heavy beams, or surprise an enemy with.
It would also make the attack more Vegeta like (berserker rage kinda thing :devgrin: ) cause i hear lots o people complain about that.

Cause i know some people will start nagging again, you could prevent spamming of the attack by putting a cooldown on it, or increasing the energy needed. (Violent outbursts can be quite energy consuming :fight: )
Even though i doubt you could spam KI balls, cause you can EASILY block em.. ;/

Best answers
I'm sure that constructive criticism crack as meant for me. It's not hard for me, I just get perturbed by these people who say the same thing every day, when it was answered and dismissed the day before. But back on topic....

Decreasing the charge time seems like a better solution. It should have a generic beam charge time (because renzoku kikou ha WAS generic), not of the Galick Gun.

Best answers
Sentient said:
Wolf Devil is right when he says that more blasts would crash the server, but i agree the attack has to be changed.
why would that crash the server? o_O

i'd also like to have some more blasts, but at the same time it renders you immobile for some more seconds, which can be deadly as we all know...

Best answers
It seems kind of lame when you think about it, but if several people used it at once, all the sprites in the server would make the host computer blow up

Best answers
Id say cap the ki blasts for Renzoku at 10 ki blasts total/max. I had a suggestion about this somewhere lol and i made a good suggestion too. Im not gonna repeat it though. Anyways Yea, id go for a 10 cap and SHORTER charge time.. A LOT shorter and keep the insta ki blob..

Best answers
Don't go crazy w/ this guys, the charge time is the only problem, and a ki blast - even vegeta's 6 blasts at once, will NEVER hit ANYONE that is not a noob, paying attention, and not recovering from a melee hit - melee being the prime use for ki-blasts, the charge time to let off a full blast (and keep style) makes it so that the person on the ground either has enough time to get out of the way, or takes only 2 or 3 balls worth of damage.

Don't get me wrong, I play on random characters, and could care less about winning - but the current renzokuken or however it's spelled (I never claimed to know asian languages, except how to count to 10 in korean) just doesn't look good since it takes so long to charge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you put 12 in i dont beleive it would crash the server. If you use the scatter attack with piccolo like so: hold secondary fire and constantly tap fire, you can get about 12 shots out at once, its how i beleive vegeta's renzoku-dan should be. More powerful than the scatter blobs though.

Orz

Best answers
Has anybody tried having 10 Piccolos in one server use Scattershot at the same time? I haven't, but if the game can handle that, I'm sure they can handle a more intensive Renzoku.

Best answers
We just need to make it like scatter shot except it may fire a bit faster because Vegeta can't control renzoku and maybe a little more expensive on the ki side then it should work just fine

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil, I don't know WHERE you get your information.

"It seems kind of lame when you think about it, but if several people used it at once, all the sprites in the server would make the host computer blow up."

Blow up? I hope to god you're being sarcastic, but any computer that can't handle a few sprites on the Half Life Engine, which doesn't even REQUIRE a video card, then they deserve to have their computer explode.

You honestly think that the engine itself can't handle people using 12 kiblob Renzoku?

As Orz said, try having everyone be Piccolo and using Scattershot at the same time--It doesn't slow the server down, unless the server is a 80286 10MhZ, 56k Pizza box in Zimbabwe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
As Orz said, try having everyone be Piccolo and using Scattershot at the same time--It doesn't slow the server down, unless the server is a 80286 10MhZ, 56k Pizza box in Zimbabwe.
:laff: ROFL :laff:

I've been saying that for a while, Every time a new idea is brought up, usually one of the first posts has an accusation of lag. Most people have no idea whether it will lag or not... but still is the first thing to be said. :\

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny how that is, isn't it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom