URGENT: Virus warning

Best answers
Two of my friends had this. Heres how you know if you have it:

After using IE, or it seems any program, A popup window will come up, saying that the Remote Protocol Procedure has failed, and windows will need to shutdown. The patch came out mid-june :rolleyes:. If you have it, before running the repair tool, deactivate windows restore as it hides itself inthere, and norton will not be able to access it.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The links above are all you should need to remove the virus. Be sure to update your dat files today because norton only updated there dat files as of this morning for the virus.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mwhahahahaa... thank the lord i got a router >_<

my pc is as open as a baby on the M1 at the moment :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this thing happen to me a few days ago, then it didn't happen again. I installed the patch anyway, just to be safe.
Just yesterday about 4 of my friends on MSN were screaming to me "I HAVE A VIRUS!" and explained this to me. I directed them here. ^_^

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a virus. Its technically a worm. It sends itself out on 3 ports through tcp/ip. The reason its able to do this is because of an opening in windows but thats what viruses do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes there is another VIRUS its a regular virus its call yama sumthing like that said in the news if u have that virus well it closed down any microsoft program there is so becarefuly what ur doing and anyways i check virus on ppl computer too and i fix them and they charge me 100 dollars a day to fix it so i have no worries becasue im typeing this in my text cell phone :p

Best answers
I think my computer is packed with so many viri, worms, and trojans that no more can get in.. and the ones I do have don't have space to work ^_~

The reason I say that is because I got this worm in my computer and it started telling me i'd have 60 seconds until shutdown, then after 10 minutes it still did nothing.. then I got the patch and off it went :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very good, this warning to spreading. Very good. BE CAREFUL ALL!!!

Best answers
jsut download the critical updates so that it doesnt happen to you and if it is happening to you just download the critical updates. for me it got so bad that it was hapening within 30 seconds of everytime i booted my computer, it restarts your computter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god.

This is the -=ONE TIME=- I've been happy to have Windows ME.

PARTY ON :D

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
My god.

This is the -=ONE TIME=- I've been happy to have Windows ME.

PARTY ON :D
lol hell yea good thing i got ME also and a crapy comp with arouther but thans for warning

Best answers
I had ME for the longest time i dont know why people say its unstable it was the most stable operating system i ever had.
I use XP now though, gota move up sometime.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me was horrible for the one simple reason that it runs on an emulator. They can say that it doesn't run on dos because it first loads an emulator, then loads dos, then loads windows. It is a horrible operating system that had a load of flaws. 98 was better....

Best answers
ahh its on my comp, it sucks a lot! and the patch thing wont install >_<

Best answers
I got hit with something last night also guys, but I dont think it got into my system. Thanks for the warning, Ill check it again.

Best answers
ha finaly i reason to tell my self why not buying xp yet is a good thing.

Best answers
some people are getting the idea that this problem is some sort of virus. IT IS NOT A VIRUS!!!
It works like that messanger thing does on win xp. Exept you cant turn this one off you have to download the CRITICAL UPDATE(823980) thats the exact one you need but after you fix it make sure to get them all just in case but for now get that one cause for me it was a ***** since i could barely download one before my system restarted hopefully that will help some of you

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
son of a *****...

I got pwned a few days ago.. >_<

everything is fine now though ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Epedemic_Optikz said:
is unplug your cable modem and put the firewall on... after that plug the cable modem back in
Umm does that work for DSL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom