URGENT: Virus warning

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Get a better antivirus software suite. Grisoft's AVG and it's latest patch annihilated it in less than 10 seconds.
That's the virusscanner I have... and it didn't do anything :scared:

I heard that most antivirus programs don't recognize the virus yet, it's best to just turn on your firewall.

You could also search your register for 'msblast.exe' and delete it.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Navanax said:
That's the virusscanner I have... and it didn't do anything :scared:

I heard that most antivirus programs don't recognize the virus yet, it's best to just turn on your firewall.

You could also search your register for 'msblast.exe' and delete it.
If you update your library you wouldn't have that problem now would you?

Also, try turning on hueristic analysis, since that looks for virus activity, and not known viral executable files.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slander said:
Also a temporary fix would be to turn on your XP firewall.
If you don't have a hardware firewall, this is a good way to go about things, but I personally like ZoneAlarm(www.zonealarm.com) more just because it tells me what it's doing, and it is free. It tells me if some program wants access to the internet such as msblast.exe. On several occasions this has alerted me to trojans that have wiggled their way onto my computer.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ive had a pc for like 9 years i have yet to get a virus :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had that 'win32.spybot.worm'. I got rid of it though, but that worm is a ***** to get rid of, so yeah. Update your 2k operating systems.

*I scanned my computer with 'Norton Anti-Virus 2003'. After I found a **** load of 'win32.worms' including one 'IRC Trojan', I downloaded the freee trial of Norton Ant-Virus 2003. I updated the definitions, scanned my computer and it fixed about 4 win32.worm files. There was one called, 'mkxgzzsazt.exe' that it couldn't delete. So I went into 'Safe Mode' looked it up in a search and deleted it. In 'Safe Mode' I also was able to get into my msconfig. (For some odd reason, I couldn't get into msconfig from my regular boot up) And I disabled all the 'Uknown Files' searched them again, and deleted them. I made sure my computer was clean as heaven. Now I have no problems, and no 'worms/viruses/trojans'.

-Here are 2 screen shots from 2 different online virus scanners.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe thats just a run of the mill virus dude lol.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I going to get a responce?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unpluggin from the internet is the same as unplugging from the internet so yes. Unplugging your dsl will do the same thing as unplugging your cable modem. He was joking around when he said that though... Just patch windows and download the virus removal tool to make sure you don't have it. The links are on the first page of this thread...

Best answers
ok well i hated xp so much so badly soooo so badly i installed something and something went wrong everything froze then when i restarted said i had to repair windows or some **** like that... well im back on me i gave xp a try and it just takes too much control away from me..

Does this worm thing effect ME?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, but to tell you the truth, I would rather live with the win32.worm, than live with M.E.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i gto that damn internet worm. i was all ready to format then i did a little reading and downloaded the windows update and got rid of it.

Best answers
OK, im a total computer newb.....

so, i left to taiwan for vacation (azn pride-i'm azn! lol) and my XP comp in US was shutdown (still is untill next monday when i get back) and now my comp in taiwan is running the internet thing called ADSL and its XP, and it was prolly shutdown when it striked....

WOULD IT STILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I TURNED MY COMP OFF AT THE TIME!?

i don't think this comp has a firewall though....

PS.

My XP comp in US has that stupid Message Box thing....
HOW THE HELL DO I GET RID OF THAT *** GREY BOX THAT LEAVES ME SO VULNERABLE IN CS AND D2ex!? AHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: DO MAC USERS GET IT TOO???? (a friend has mac)

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

(how do u say 'pppppppppp' lol?)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your still vulnerable unless you get the patch. The grey box can be disabled by going into control panel, administrative tools, component services, services, click on messenger, and click stop, and change it to never start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
If you update your library you wouldn't have that problem now would you?

Also, try turning on hueristic analysis, since that looks for virus activity, and not known viral executable files.
The library was up to date, so... o_o

If I update it NOW, it would probably recognize the virus, yeah. But this was a couple days ago, I think it happened the day the virus was released.

ZuL

Best answers
I have Windows XP, but I just haven't seen the virus yet. Wasn't it supposed to be called "msblaster.exe" or something? It's not there for me. Doesn't that mean I don't have it?

Sure am glad to live in Sweden too. Everything antivirial is up to date :p

Best answers
Hitokiri said:
My god.

This is the -=ONE TIME=- I've been happy to have Windows ME.

PARTY ON :D
Us ME users are the best \o/!!
LETS ROCK!! :warning: :fight:

Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
Your still vulnerable unless you get the patch. The grey box can be disabled by going into control panel, administrative tools, component services, services, click on messenger, and click stop, and change it to never start.
OHOHOHOHOH, how do i make it ' Never Start '?

EDIT: i changed it to STOP and then set it to manual....or should it still be auto?

Best answers
Hehehe dunno if this has been posted yet cos I just skim read all that thread, but th funny thing is.... the people who wrote it attached it to the link on the microsoft site so when you went to download the patch to fix it you got th virus, so microsoft had to physically move all there servers :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom