Trunks and goku cell saga... ( yep nice edits XD lol )

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe he goes USSJ in that episode but I will see in a few minutes I'm going to watch and see for myself. I'll report back when I do.

*edit*
Alright just finished watching and to me it looked liked he stayed in his SSJ form the entire fight between the two androids and cell. His muscles didn't expand like they would when he was USSJ actually it looked more like he ascended to SSJ2 if anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright just finished watching and to me it looked liked he stayed in his SSJ form the entire fight between the two androids and cell. His muscles didn't expand like they would when he was USSJ actually
That was either a translation error or the drawing style. You can see a significant difference between the two styles here:

I think a lot of people get confused by the drawing styles--the particular style I referred to above was probably done by some of the worst artists/animators at Toei Animation; the proportions are obviously off and even though the character should've had larger muscles they were drawn stubby and flat. Although, there are some things about that style that looked to carry a certain amount of extra detail, as far as lighting goes, and other things:
*shrug*

On the "good drawing style" one (my opinion), you can also see if you've ever seen the episode, that the coloring, lighting & animation was very, very good compared to episodes that the first drawing/animating style I posted was used in.

it looked more like he ascended to SSJ2 if anything.
This was obviously a misunderstanding. A lot of people used to think Trunks was SS2 here. I'd like to mention Trunks would've probably had to reach FPSS (Full Power Super Saiyan) before moving to SS2--and it's safe to assume a Saiyan couldn't move from USS to SS2. In any case, Trunks had no time or reason to go to FPSS, let alone SS2. A dead giveaway for SS2 is electricity sparks and much longer & spikier hair. Neither are present in the episode Trunks killed Cell/Androids. The most likely forms were USS1 or SS1, seeing how Trunks had learned prior that using USS2 was pretty useless and a total waste of energy. In the manga, Trunks and Vegeta were only in the SS1 form during the Cell Games, and not USS. So that may have had something to do with why you see a decrease in muscle size, somewhat.

Anyway, the drawing styles/animation vary so much in DBZ. It's hard to determine certain things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84mzbeSuiU
All of that is from Episode: 'Hour of Temptation', where Cell begs Vegeta to allow him to become complete. That's one of TOEI's better drawn/animated episodes, in my opinion.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow good refs. This could be a never ending argument because you really can't tell and the fact that theres 2 USSJ's doesn't help matters. To me I believe Trunk's only was SSJ when fighting Cell and the Androids because with so much training and fighting he did in the past he increased his powerlevel so much that he probably had the power he had when he went USSJ when fighting Cell in the past thus not needing to ascend beyond SSJ.

On the right second from the bottom its hard to tell which form that is because the whole long hair really messes things up but to me that only looks like SSJ because back when Trunks first appeared he looked pretty much like that in SSJ form but with shorter hair of course.

Also look at this one shot I found it looks a lot like SSJ2 Trunks I know he probably never ascended that high but it really does look a lot like SSJ2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow good refs. This could be a never ending argument because you really can't tell and the fact that theres 2 USSJ's doesn't help matters. To me I believe Trunk's only was SSJ when fighting Cell and the Androids because with so much training and fighting he did in the past he increased his powerlevel so much that he probably had the power he had when he went USSJ when fighting Cell in the past thus not needing to ascend beyond SSJ.

On the right second from the bottom its hard to tell which form that is because the whole long hair really messes things up but to me that only looks like SSJ because back when Trunks first appeared he looked pretty much like that in SSJ form but with shorter hair of course.
It's also pointless because the point in the show was that SSJ was not a preset level of power. It could be lowered and increased to whatever buff level was needed. The whole USSJ 1-2 thing is just made up to describe the level Trunks was at. We see everyone in the dbz universe constantly getting buffer at random times when they power up. Especially with the SSJ's.

At it's core USSJ is exactly the same as SSJ just with more power. There really isn't any special USSJ 1-2 level just a buff SSJ. Just "Grah im not strong enough time to push it to the maaaaax!! BLARARHASUDFAHS!" and not "Oh wait im almost past SSJ.... *ding* There! USSJ!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta and Trunks in SS form would've lost to Semi-Perfect Cell. He had to be in USS1 form. Trunks stood in Cell's way; if he wasn't USS then he somehow transformed at the exact instant he was punching Cell in the stomache. Which is unlikely.

Also look at this one shot I found it looks a lot like SSJ2 Trunks I know he probably never ascended that high but it really does look a lot like SSJ2

That may have been the angle.

But this looks just as much like SS2(as far as the hair goes), even though Kid Trunks never reached the level:

There are parts in the Buu arc where it was hard to tell whether Vegeta was SS2 or just SS--they apparently drew a bunch more strands of hair for SS mode for all characters. Although, the manga's probably the best source for canon information/fact.

It was always hard to tell with the drawing styles changing so much.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was either a translation error or the drawing style. You can see a significant difference between the two styles here:

I think a lot of people get confused by the drawing styles--the particular style I referred to above was probably done by some of the worst artists/animators at Toei Animation; the proportions are obviously off and even though the character should've had larger muscles they were drawn stubby and flat. Although, there are some things about that style that looked to carry a certain amount of extra detail, as far as lighting goes, and other things:
*shrug*

On the "good drawing style" one (my opinion), you can also see if you've ever seen the episode, that the coloring, lighting & animation was very, very good compared to episodes that the first drawing/animating style I posted was used in.

This was obviously a misunderstanding. A lot of people used to think Trunks was SS2 here. I'd like to mention Trunks would've probably had to reach FPSS (Full Power Super Saiyan) before moving to SS2--and it's safe to assume a Saiyan couldn't move from USS to SS2. In any case, Trunks had no time or reason to go to FPSS, let alone SS2. A dead giveaway for SS2 is electricity sparks and much longer & spikier hair. Neither are present in the episode Trunks killed Cell/Androids. The most likely forms were USS1 or SS1, seeing how Trunks had learned prior that using USS2 was pretty useless and a total waste of energy. In the manga, Trunks and Vegeta were only in the SS1 form during the Cell Games, and not USS. So that may have had something to do with why you see a decrease in muscle size, somewhat.

Anyway, the drawing styles/animation vary so much in DBZ. It's hard to determine certain things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84mzbeSuiU
All of that is from Episode: 'Hour of Temptation', where Cell begs Vegeta to allow him to become complete. That's one of TOEI's better drawn/animated episodes, in my opinion.

Hey man those was only SSJ pic no USSJ and Vegeta din not get USSJ he get like a fake SSJ 2 a form that was more stronger then a SSJ and faster then a SSJ but not stronger then Cell, Trunks was USSJ he was mega stronger then a SSJ (as strong as Cell) but slower then a SSJ that was the difrerents btw them

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the whole point about asking permissions is a bit of a formality.

on the one hand, you have people who say they would feel honored if someone thought their work was good enough to be edited.

on the other, you have people who have worked very hard, to create something from nothing, and would like others to respect the fact that, at the end of the day they have put a lot of hard work into something.

it's down to perspective. the first bunch of people, who are usually people who only know how to edit, would say they work hard too. BUT, knowing the process as i do, i would say that no matter how hard they work, building from scratch is much harder.

if you ask someone for permission, and they say yes/no, then go with their descision. not putting credits in your first post is a bannable offence here because we've had a lot of problems in the past, we like to believe in the integrity of our members, and this is a rule that helps us keep that integrity.

if you dont give proper credit, or you post something when the original artist has said you can't edit their work. and then they come forward and say as much, then your in deep trouble.

that's how the rules work, if you feel the need to argue this point, pm myself, nuttzy, or twister. but as it stands, the rules are staying, so live with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey man those was only SSJ pic no USSJ and Vegeta din not get USSJ he get like a fake SSJ 2 a form that was more stronger then a SSJ and faster then a SSJ but not stronger then Cell, Trunks was USSJ he was mega stronger then a SSJ (as strong as Cell) but slower then a SSJ that was the difrerents btw them
I don't think you have the slighest idea what the hell you're talking about.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is what he was going for:

I'd really like to see Goku and Gohan in Saiyan armor though :p

That is once again the drawing style, he's a regular Super Saiyan here.
For some reason the episodes after Trunks is going back to the future had Trunk's hair drawn differently, no front spikes and the whole hair raises up completely, it's only the drawing style though.

Best answers
@nuttzy i've got those permissions
@Super Vegetto ok i'll try to make them... ;)
@all you've just broken one rule... dont go offtopic.... >;(

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We weren't going off topic I suggested changing the USSJ hair and maybe the body mass, we brought you some good ref's to look at and making sure their USSJ and not SSJ ^_^

Also you broken one rule to no wannabe mods k.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed take Phobs advice and make the muscles bulkier and the hair a tad spikier on the USSJ form and it's all cool ^^

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell I say if you can get the USSJ to look better then the current in game one I say we use yours ^_^ No offense to Mr. GG or my kamasabe its just the current in game one looks wrong on all levels of USSJ. Probably won't happen so the next best thing REPLACE them with the old ones if they look more authentic and if you decide to release this hehe.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You dont have to replace, you can use the awesome custom model support feature that Joe coded in (<3 this feature so much) so that way you can have more then 1 versions of Trunks to choose from =D

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Smacks Head* DoH!!!

Ya your right damn it why do I always forget that feature its one of the coolest but I always forget its in there. :/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that the muscles are in the right direction, maybe make the arms bulkier.

I'm not so sure about the hair though, looks a bit too spiky to me =o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom