toast's cell wip

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
those upper leg muscles are sweet man, i love how you are making it so nicely and with your own style too. my only advice is the wings, either its a weird angel or they are strangley shaped.

other than that, im really loving it, if you need any help with the head - pm me ure aim or msn details and ill try and help you out!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah i realy like how its comming along 2 , but still think the upper legs arent correct (my opinion) ,correct me if i'm worng thought =P

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry but no the upperlegs arent correct >_< cells legs and any other character in dbz, arent like real legs, in Z their legs are much more blocky and wedge shaped, and they only depict certain muscles, not to mention cell has no muscles

Best answers
But Smoz just said that he liked the upperlegs...anyway this model if ****in sweet. It looks...realistic almost O_O

Best answers
this is the best cell i ever seen and i think the legs looks fine to :) he now only need to have hands and a head :) and if those are gonna be as good as the rest than there is a new verry good Perfect cell model :D

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"But Smoz just said that he liked the upperlegs" contary to popular belief smo isnt infalible, im not insulting you smo, but i just think you're wrong on this one :]

take a look at this: http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/davidski/db34pg022.gif

then look at the legs you are using, yours are like normal human legs, which in dbz doesnt really happen that often, they often are wider near the knee than to the hip, all u have to do is look on sum screen shots and it becomes apparent. I used a manga example, but its the same in the anime, plus the manga is always better quality than the episodes (imo which makes them much more reliable) and of course the design is copied from the manga. When creating something like this (model or drawing) and if its based on another persons design, you should always be constantly checking that ever inch of it is valid, from the way the body shape looks to the shape of the underfoot or the distance between the armour, no detail is less important than another, you should put just as much effort into getting the fingernails right as you do with getting the face right. Observation is the key to being a good modeler/ artist (of course you must be able to control your media as well), as you are demanded to examine the form and placement and if you arent noticing things then your not gonna make it look right. Anyway im babbling as usual......

Best answers
well after updating it, i did realize that cell doesnt really have any leg muscles other then some pics where he has that square muscle similar to that i had before updating it, if its that much of a problem then ill just change it, thanks for the comments everyone though ill try to get an update in as soon as possible since the weekend is comming up and ill be MIA agian till monday :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ja i never said they were right :I, just said they were sweet - which they are. despite cell being a 'bug' and his legs not being made out of muscle but rather a casing liek a bug :), that doesnt mean he can't be origonal and give him muscles :O

for example:

left= Rhansen from SOS' paint over, right = my model / skin

Cell never had muscle in his err... hat? but still they look good :)

Best answers
lol coooooooool they look almost identical apart from color

Best answers
iam gonna stop working on the body for now and start modelling the head and neck before i get to lazy and not do it at all, thats a sexy creature you got there smo, i bet he can suck a mean **** with those nice big lips

/sike

Best answers
the model PWNS!!! and the colors and the dots are quite fine... i think..!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Toast said:
iam gonna stop working on the body for now and start modelling the head and neck before i get to lazy and not do it at all, thats a sexy creature you got there smo, i bet he can suck a mean **** with those nice big lips

/sike
your pretty wierd toast, youve got some problems. Like your title..
T-h-e-r-a-p-y..

Model looks good though, nice arms :)

Best answers
Looks great, the wings should have a round edges though. Maybe you could make some dots large and others a bit smaller in different shapes. Make the green a bit lighter.

Best answers
progress is getting slow as hell on this model, tried modelling the head but cant get it to look the way i like, iam probably gonna try poly by poly on the head to see if the results i get are better, i decided that ill probably release this when iam done for 1.2, right now iam reskinning the default cell models so they can fit in with this one, ill post those when i get some progress going :)

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
your pretty wierd toast, youve got some problems. Like your title..
T-h-e-r-a-p-y..

Model looks good though, nice arms :)

ya toast u stay away from me out there

looks great them black bits on his armer look like metal or rock hmmm does cells armer shine like that? :]

Best answers
wow i really hope this gets finished best cell ive seen so far and i cant stand imperfect cell and cells my fav character .... would be ekstremly nice to have a great perfect cell model like that one. good luck on the head.

Best answers
well now i just thought something while playing 1.2, if iam going to put this there, ill need to make a new throw animation since cell uses his tail to throw his opponents :/

Best answers
yo toast hows the model coming along not many updates for a while.

Best answers
well when i get myself to modelling the head then ill post updates, but now at the rate iam with my laziness on this model, that wont be for another week or two maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom