• Buddied with Chiaotzu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddied with Yamcha and Chiaotzu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien was always focussed and into that meditating thing. In Dragonball Tien meditated before his first fight with Goku in a tournament (Ravendust can confirm this ;)) Since most of you aren't familliar with Dragonball think of it the same way Dabura meditated before fighting Gohan.

Ok the relevance of this is, although Tien had no 'unlocked potential' he does have a meditate power-up...thing. Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't played ESF in a while) but when Piccolo transforms, he crosses his legs and floats in the air, almost as if he's meditating to power himself up. If Piccolo can use that as a transformation, and Tien has done this before. I don't see why a Yamcha or Chiaotzu is required. (Considering both are somewhat useless.)

I agree with Eclipse, Yamcha and Tien were rivals, and not really friends. If the buddy system idea is implemented, Chiaotzu is definetly the more accurate and ideal choice. However if it were up to me, considering the progress made over this long period. Your best bet is to make one character, and make him about as badass as possible.

If it goes well, warren can make a "Yamcha for 1.4" banner. ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
Tien was always focussed and into that meditating thing. In Dragonball Tien meditated before his first fight with Goku in a tournament (Ravendust can confirm this ;))
Confirm'd! Wait...damn you!

Maybe a meditated Tien is for the best. Aside from the Spirit Ball I can't see any point in Yamcha or Chiaotzu, and we'd have to triple our workload for...one cool attack the team might not put in anyway. And Four Witches is bish-ass ugly and would look really out of place in a DBZ mod (not to mention when flying).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
If he can't rotate whatever hes doing in photoshop, he deserves to fail.
You're really stupid. I already EXPLAINED THE WHOLE DAMN PROBLEM!

Did you not read it? I'm pretty sure you didn't. I said that I tried to rotate it in photoshop, but the positions became bad if I just rotated it. After all 8 frames, the rotation was all very wobbly, dispite the fact that the 3 balls were equidistant from one another. If you think its so easy, why dont you do it, smart boy?

UPDATE!!!!!

Chakra gave me an example of how tri-beam should look animated when its rotating in a full, flawless circle. He used the sprite and animated it and I think it looks nice. So thanks a lot Chakra! Noble Chakra said he didn't wanna post it and take credit for my sprite, but who cares! We're all in this together! Chakra, if you wanna finish up the sprite, then do so. We'll just say that I set up the sprite and you animated it. Or, you can just send me one BMP of it and I can rotate it myself with better quality (the quality looks kinda fuzzy and I can see some cut marks around the balls). So its up to you.

As for Dodon Ray, I'll get started on the other parts of it as well (charge, the head of the beam, the start of the beam, ect)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah ima just send you a BMP sequence so you can gather up the 3 frames with sprite wizard or whatever program you use. The GIF was only an example if you wanted it faster or slower. Glad to be of service!

::Edit::

Sprite Away

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
tien and dabura werent the only ones to meditate, piccolo did as well.
That was stated >.>

Dabura...now thats a character that would have been a cool addition.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo has it, Dabura's not in ESF, and here's Tien:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats the one. Just make an animation of him levitating with a blue aura or something and end it with some mega 'splosion and there's Tien with a massive pl increase. If you guys can be bothered, make another model with different Tien clothing. Although thats also double the work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought I'd post up the current layout for Tien. This is how he will be for the game, and whats needed to be done.

*note to RD:Im having some trouble finding jap eps of tien for the sounds.*
------------------------
Name: Tien Shinhan

Race: Human

Transformation: The Four Witches Technique (Multiarms)

Stats:
Normal Form
HP: 120
KI: Determined by PL
PL: 650,000 (starting) 2,500,000 (trans)
SPEED: 220

Four Witches (x2)
HP: 200
KI: Determined by PL
PL: 5,000,000 (starting) 3,000,000 (faster trans) 5,000,000 (shockwave/perfect trans)
SPEED: 300

Moves:
1. Advanced Melee/Basic Melee
2. Ki Blasts/ Ki Shot
3. Genbeam/Genball
4. Kamehameha
5. Dodon Ray/Rapidfire Dodon Ray
6. Solar Flare
7. Tri Beam/ (Neo) Ki Blast Cannon
8. Third Eye
9. ---
0. Eat Senzu Bean/Throw Senzu Bean

Advanced Melee - As Goku, Volleyball Fist as a special combo
Basic Melee - As Goku but does twice the normal damage when transformed

-1-
Ki Blasts - As Goku (fire twice as fast when transed)
Ki Shot - As Goku

-2-
Genbeam - As Goku (but yellow)
Genball - As Goku (but yellow)

-3-
Dodon Ray - As Frieza’s Deathbeam (but yellow)
Rapidfire Dodon Ray - As Frieza’s Rapidfire Deathbeam (but yellow)

-4-
Kamehameha - As Goku
---

-5-
Solar Flare - As Goku but expends 20% less ki
---

-6-
Tri Beam - Very thick, chargable, yellow beam, nearly as powerful as a Final Flash, abducts 5HP from Tien per shot
Ki Blast Cannon - Projectile version of tribeam with 3 beams connecting making a triangle shape. This cannot be controlled

-7-
Third Eye - In the show: Tien focuses his third eye on Yamcha and copies the KHH when he uses it, instantly learning it. In ESF: If you're about to be hit by a move, you select the third eye like a regular move, its primary and secondary fires are block. When blocking the move a block struggle will take place. If successful, you will have 'learned' the move and can be used until you die and respawn, the move (e.g Masenko) then replaces 'Third Eye' on the list until death of Tien, when it changes back to Third Eye. Unblockable moves cannot be learned.
Third Eye - Same as above

---
---

Eat Senzu Bean - Same as Goku
Throw Senzu Bean - Same as Goku
------------------------------
For the trans pl is undecidied since i have no idea what the pl trans for the chars will be for 1.3. I made it high since he will have only one trans, but this trans point might change over time.

Now for the trans state, im not sure if making another pair of arms might exceed the limit of 1500 polys, but i could see it done by taking out unneeded polys from elsewheres.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My outline! The sacred text! What have you dooooooooooooone!!

Ahem, well that was before any of this discussion (or the other threads) happened, so now it's a *little* outdated.

Revisions:

Trans: Meditation/Focus

Moves:
1. Advanced Melee/Basic Melee
2. Ki Blasts/ Ki Shot
3. Genbeam/Genball
4. Dodon Ray
5. Kamehameha - Transed only
6. Solar Flare
7. Tri Beam
8. Third Eye - Transed only
9. ---
0. Eat Senzu Bean/Throw Senzu Bean

I've removed the Dodon Ray's alternate because at that point we thought it would act as a laser, even though it's a beam. I've also removed the Tribeam/Ki Blast Cannon as that was an error on my part by confusion. The trans has been changed because Four Witches would eat polies and still look ridiculous.

Nothing is final. Everything posted here is up for discussion, it's a community project after all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought the four witches transformation wasnt being used. Why are all the ki attacks yellow. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you need to raise the trans pl, and maybe even the multiplier. If Frieza has 4x 1.5 multipliers, and Tien only has one 2x, I think he'll be left behind. I would suggest to keep it identical to Krillin as the two of them only have one trans and are both in a similar situation.

Is Dodon going to be a beam or a laser? I would classify it as Tien's version of SBC, once fired the beam never changed course, however it required a charge and was too thick to be classified a laser.

What category does TriBeam come under, I remember it being a ball/blast thing.

I like the third eye idea ;)

Finally is Tien allowed to descend? I would think so considering his trans is a 'meditated state'.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not agree with 4 witches.

I do not agree with Kamehameha

I do not agree with Dodon Ray being just a finger laser copy.

I do not agree with third eye.

everything else looks fine though.

Best answers
Someone model his other outfit, its cooler. (The last one he had in the series, with the cape and such)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:

I do not agree with Kamehameha

I do not agree with Dodon Ray being just a finger laser copy.

I do not agree with third eye.

everything else looks fine though.
You gonna give any reasons or just not agree with it...

If he's short on attacks I don't have a problem with KHH, however if its going to overpower him or give him too many attacks then don't include it, from what I saw KHH was a nice addition.

I think Dodon would be best as a different version of SBC

Third eye is an interesting and unique attack which is why I like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Is Dodon going to be a beam or a laser? I would classify it as Tien's version of SBC, once fired the beam never changed course, however it required a charge and was too thick to be classified a laser.
I think that would be the best way to implement it. That way he has KHH (steerable) and Dodon Ray (straight).

Tribeam is a misleading name, I think it was a translation error because it's a blast not
a beam, probably why they changed the name to 'Ki Blast Cannon'.

Rocky87 said:
Third eye is an interesting and unique attack which is why I like it.
Thanks. Buu will have the ability to learn enemy attacks in 1.3 so I don't see why Tien can't :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dodon Ray i figured would be best like sbc, only not as powerful and quicker charge.

And the 3rd eye tech is one of his signature moves, so i dont see why not to add it.

oh and i thought of a change for the 3rd eye that my friend over here had me relize something.... Ok attacks are pretty easy to block especially ball attacks. So my change is the Third eye drains more ki than a normal block, maybe x1.5 or x2 more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dodompa as a charged finger laser would be cool.

4 witches... it looks stupid but if it gave him some cool melee bonuses whatever.

Kameha... he doesnt evne use it! its too powerful, let him use something else.

That ki cannon thing is cool.

solar flare.

Dont know what 3rd eye is though.

Tri beam has some potential.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan said:
I have no qualms about 'Meditation' as a transformation, if people are indifferent then I say we go with that. Saves modelling a transed model too.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
dodompa as a charged finger laser would be cool.

Kameha... he doesnt evne use it! its too powerful, let him use something else.
Nah it shouldn't be a fingerlaser, it should be more like SBC. And Tien does use the Kamehameha in Dragonball against Roshi to prove there is no attack he cannot master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom