Not open for further replies.
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
the development team are making a big mistake ! they should have do something all of this time and stop showing us new pictures...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you people are just impatient

You've been here 8 months compared to some people who have been here for years and all you do is complain, put the team down and spread hate.

You are the fans this game doesn't need, Plenty of people here love the POTW's and other progress updates all you can do is complain they were processed in photoshop and yell about how google searches are going down.

I think you should think about what you post in future

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the development team are making a big mistake ! they should have do something all of this time and stop showing us new pictures...
Would you rather they didn't post POTW's?

They could easily do that and just leave everyone in the dark rather then show off a new sprite, a new map or a new skin.

You've been here a week maybe you should think about your fandom too

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No mistakes are being made at all. All you people (those that complain) say is you want a release.. yet the public beta showed EXACTLY the opposite. All people (again, same group of people) did was hate on it, thus showing that people (once more, the same group) are simply not adult enough to handle themselves online, since they want a product to be released.. but they want it to be amazing and everything else they've ever dreamed with 0 bugs to go along with that, and that's simply not how the world works. You have 2 options. You sit and wait patiently for a release to come, or you move on to something else.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There is also the posibility that ppl don't look anymore for mod for half-life...
put this to the source engine and it'll get more popularity i guess.
No i'm not suggesting they should.

also i haven't searched esf on google in ages...
or you could combine what mcdaddy said, move on while waiting ^^

i'd suggest left 4 dead =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can guarentee that once this game reaches its final stages that counter will be shot sky high.
Can you? I have no plans to return to the game once it's finally released, i'm still here for the community. I'm pretty sure that goes for the majority of us old-timers as well o_O Sure I might take it for a spin once or twice, but I won't be playing anywhere near as much as I used to.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both sides need some perspective.

People *****ing that the game is taking too long have no idea what goes into making a game, especially a free one done in your spare time and coordinated over the internet. It's ******* hard. Really hard.

People representing the team should probably be more understanding. Don't make pseudo threats against people saying that they should think about what they post. Don't insist that you're right and no mistakes are being made. Don't make it seem like a fan is not wanted. Explain that you guys are doing the best you can and want to make the game come out soon, apologize that it's going to take a while longer, and then close the topic. Also, make Sub an admin.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how you're "subtly" stating that this is all due to a lack of content. Since you don't appear to have done any research about why this site doesn't have enough traffic, allow me to explain a few things to you.

First off, the community was simply larger in 2007, which is naturally going to cause more site traffic. The site also was down for an extended period of time and came back up in 2007, which would also explain why there's a significant amount of traffic.

In 2008, there was a process where Beta Testing applications were being accepted. This was also the year where Open Beta: Final was released (which was the first release in about a year or two), and where ESF started to become redone. The new site came out and there were regular news updates for about a year after that.

In 2009, there was even more progress on the mod and another Beta Testing application process began. This is the year where ESF really began to evolve and news content still got regularly pushed.

In the following years there were less updates, but the ones that were published were more in quality. In a way, you can say that people are "losing interest" because of a lack of updates, but you'd mainly be lying to yourself. If people were truly losing interest due to a lack of updates, the traffic wouldn't be consistent and the years 2008 and 2009 (mainly 2009) would have a large peak of interest compared to the previous years.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's not actually traffic, to this site or any other. It's simply how much people search for ESF at Google. Nothing more, nothing less. In a way, you might want to call it hype-o-meter. ;)

Best answers
You know, I do understand where everyone is coming from and also that it takes quite a long time to develop something of this detail and size with limited "staff" and of course other pressing things going on in their lives. I am not going to say that this is an easy task nor am i going to "complain" as most of you so eloquently put it when someone does this, but it just hardly seems logical to have this kind of development cycle, I understand entirely losing patience with your audience when they bothersomely ask the same questions over and over again (I've worked retail), but it really does help to have some kind of idea aside from a "when its done its done mentality". It wouldn't be destructive to at least release a pre-complete build of the game, regardless of the amount of content because as we all know, playing a demo or anything of that sort really does help how much hype/faith we have in a title, it would also prepare for any bugs on different systems you may encounter preemptively instead of when released finding out that some systems just simply cannot run the title because of random conflicts not yet understood or discovered. That's not necessarily the only reason to do so, when releasing in this manner you will also get a bigger influx of traffic and most likely get the attention of skilled modders that are unaware of the mod (i know hard to believe but possible). I know what i've said has been said before probably many, many times, and i do know about people not being happy with a prefinal release, but if everything is outlined and known flaws are stated then negativity generated will most likely only pertain to said flaws, you're never going to make your entire audience happy with any decision you make, but it does seem like a fairly big portion would like a release of this kind, and frankly, I wouldn't see the harm in doing so. Then again, I'm not making the game, this has just been on my mind for a while and if you don't agree that's entirely fine, just thought i would share it with everyone and get a conversation going is all.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dude you serious?

no offence but i'm not even gonna read your post emo.
No fun in reading a plain wall of text...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom