The People are Losing the Interest for ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You did speak blasphemy at a church. People come in expecting this game to be done because they have waited a few months, yet, they don't think about the developers not getting paid for this and doing this on their free time. The whole point of a demo has no use as Ryo said. Let alone there are people out there that have waited since they were still a Preteen and are not even teenagers anymore. Literally most of the people here aren't even here for the mod anymore. We would love to see this mod come out and would enjoy it, but the reason a lot of us are here is because this is a place where a lot of us grew up viewing and made quite good friends here.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just try and write a basic java proggie...
You'll notice that just copy/pasty will result in a lot of red lines :p
1 function pointing to something not in the demo just might result in a bsod or a ctd.
and i guess on x86 systems just freeze the whole thing. Not sure if you can freeze 64 bit os with just 1 program freezing up.
Tbh i haven't seen one freeze yet since i'm using 64bit.

And a demo probably is indeed a bad choice as ppl will try it and not like it
and so just think it's crap just because the team hasn't finished the whole game yet...

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Just try and write a basic java proggie...
You'll notice that just copy/pasty will result in a lot of red lines :p
1 function pointing to something not in the demo just might result in a bsod or a ctd.
and i guess on x86 systems just freeze the whole thing. Not sure if you can freeze 64 bit os with just 1 program freezing up.
Tbh i haven't seen one freeze yet since i'm using 64bit.

And a demo probably is indeed a bad choice as ppl will try it and not like it
and so just think it's crap just because the team hasn't finished the whole game yet...
Thanks for the laugh :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yall kids cray

Best answers
So you're saying I've only waited a few months? Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for a good 7 years, just because i just joined the forums doesn't mean a damn thing. Like i said more than enough to be understood, i don't care if they release a demo or not, you're certainly stuck on that subject aren't you? Look, why don't we agree to disagree? That way you can get on with your life, and i can speak blasphemy about something random again?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see the number in the blue bar? That's your powerlevel. Your powerlevel needs to be high enough in order to transform, and the number you need is different for everyone. Goku is like 1,750,000 for example.

You increase your powerlevel by hurting other players. On a final note, the bar on the hud that says CF on it stands for change form -- when you fill that bar up, it means you can transform now.

edit: Oh yeah. You press z to transform. I forgot to include that bit ;)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
man I wish there was a playtest version to fool around with the new stuff...
I been following ESF before Steam just never saw much point in the forums while ESF was popular to play...

glad there a few pictures like every 2 weeks.. want to see more videos if there no playtest!

Best answers
No ****! I don't wanna see any more PlayTest, VideoTest, or WhateveritisTest.
It'll be just harder to me to wait this mod, and I DON'T wanna be impatient, but my hype tries to **** my mind up and down in all kind of crazy ways, damn-- :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow this thread just made me dislike a few people.

Some of us have been here for years. I've been here for 9 years actually, and guess what, I'm not pestering the team, am I?

The team's been working hard, on their free time, to make a free mod.

You can't ask for more, most of you probably have never worked a full time job and many of you are probably still teens, so maybe you don't understand...

Everyone on the team has real life responsibilities that come first, and I don't think it's fair to pressure them because you have nothing better to do.

Let them do their thing at their own pace and I'm sure you'll like what you get at the end.

sg2

Best answers
title?

As a suggestion of what I would like to add to the game and perhaps make it more interesting for everyone, maybe the team should make a single player for ESF, with a story but without the original characters.
I know that would have gotten me back into the GAME should it ever happen.

On another note, I commend the ESForces team for creating one hell of a game to remember. It's amazing in almost every aspect and I had already acquired my collection of memories from it.
What is to come isn't really that interesting to me, but I am not planning to complain. Just please, no more super krillins...

Last edited:
Best answers
I would love to see a time of day setting, or like, multiple versions of maps that are day and night, that would be something cool. I agree, most people on here probably are in their teens and never worked a full time job, I personally give props to the team, they're doing a great job. I have no complaint on any front towards the team, some people need to just cool off in these forums tho..

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love to see a time of day setting, or like, multiple versions of maps that are day and night, that would be something cool. I agree, most people on here probably are in their teens and never worked a full time job, I personally give props to the team, they're doing a great job. I have no complaint on any front towards the team, some people need to just cool off in these forums tho..
I'd say most people on here are in their early 20's or later.

DBZ and Half-Life both belong to an older generation.

Dre

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm getting sick of all the dumb complaints and immature comments, and I'm not even a member of the dev team or the administration. You need to understand, as it was said many times before, these people (the dev team) has their own lives. They do not owe us anything, they're doing this for fun, for free and to complete a long project which they've been working on since they were teenagers.

People who are here days, months, even 2 years, they don't have the right to complain about anything. People are waiting here, checking this community for almost a decade. I'm currently 18 for example, I've joined the forums 3 years ago, though I checked the news feed at the home page and other websites regarding this mod since 2003, when I was in the 3rd grade, and now I'm about to join the army (I live in Israel).

So seriously, chil the f*ck down and let the team do what they do best. You want them to release the game sooner? help them. Learn how to work with the mod and software, learn how to create animations or ask help from people who already know how. Though, the most important thing is to get a life and stop f*cking complain. It's just a Dragon Ball Z mod. I'm sure there are plenty of other games out there that you could enjoy or you might consider getting a job, friends, girl friend or damn social life. JUST BE PATIENT.

Edit: Seriously, whenever these kind of threads open, I think the devs\forum management should just tell them to patiently wait and then close the thread, that way we'll avoid the bi*ching and dumb comments.

*fixed text*
To sum up:
24079144.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Oh, God, the new breed is attacking. I hope the forum puts on a condom before it gets AIDS.

I'm getting sick of all the dumb complaints and immature comments, and I'm not even a member of the dev team or the administration. You need to understand, as it was said many times before, this people (the dev team) has their own lives. They do not owe us anything, they're doing this for fun, for free and to complete a long project which they've been working on since they were teenagers.

People who are here days, months, even 2 years, they don't have the right to complain about anything. People are waiting here, checking this community for almost a decade. I'm currently 18 for example, I've joined the forums 3 years ago, though I checked the news feed at the home page and other websites regarding this most since 2003, when I was in the 3rd grade, and now I'm about to join the army (I live in Israel).

So seriously, chil the f*ck down and let the team do what they do best. You want them to release the game sooner? help them. Learn how to work with the mod and software, learn how to create animations or ask help from people who already know how. Though the most important thing is to get a life and stop f*cking complain. It's just a Dragon Ball Z mod. I'm sure there are plenty of other games are there that you could enjoy or you can get a job, friends, girl friend or damn social life. JUST BE PATIENT.

Edit: Seriously, whenever these kind of threads open, I think the devs\forum management should just tell them to patiently wait and the close the thread, that way we'll avoid the bi*ching and dumb comments.
To sum up:
View attachment 1694
^ Major win for many reasons. I'm standing next to this guy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man this is starting to escalate. :s

Come on people keep it civil, stop being aggressive and so on. Im not one who likes closing threads, but ill do it if i have to.

@sg2 sorry but there is no single player planned. The way HL1 does single player doesnt really work with the way we have our maps working now, and the fact that you can fly everywhere doesnt help the SP mode. Additionally coming up with a story, getting voice actors and all that is probably to much of a hassle. Not to mention we would need a shitload of other animations for cut scenes and so on.

But im guessing you probably expected such an answer.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I really hate these kinds of threads Grega! :( the only thing that makes me read the whole thing is seeing a black post from the devs like GG who said some really interesting stuff. Other than that, you can just close it because the topic will just go round and round in a circle! :)

🌠 Staff
Best answers
I always say interesting things Baaja, for instance, did you know, in the movie, "the Goonies", the main actor kid is a young Samwise Gamgee from the Lotr movies. It also has a young Josh Brolin =x

Best answers
Just wait for it ladiez, I mean, I always see Ryo working on it so they are doing something. As u prob. notice, some ppl joined 2002... if that is true. The guy who made this thread just joined last year, he might checked out this game sometimes but still he wasn't part of the community so he didn't care that much about this game. So Y U COMPLAIN?!
Just lay back play other games or something like that. From what I can see this game is about to be done, if they work on it.

BTW: Is there somebody who is doing sigs and stuff? I need one or I look a bit naked. :( I wrote this in BIG so ppl can SEE it better. <3
Edit: I just did notice that I already have a Sig and other stuff, but still is there somebody? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom