The Next Generation of ESF

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh i understand.

What i dont understand is why people seem to think the joke is funny.

I for one find it quite disturbing.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Guys these are really great news and you know this. I'm exited what coming next week.

As you already know there is always a "but". Here it is:

BUT, (first the negativ aspects):
The picture where frieza puts one arm in the air you can see in the lower left corner something with a kind of ugly border - i mean "urgh".. still water?
Also the other picture of frieza: he needs both of his arms to lift up some of these LITTLE stones. Come on guys. Frieza isn't that weak that he need both hands. He split Namek with just one hand but for some crappy stones he need all his strenght to lift both hands up? Sounds not right for me.

Let's see the other hand (positiv aspects):
Waow, the picture of Goku in the middle who is transformed is absolutly unbelievible. Incredible. This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen (of esf). This looks so real, I can't believe that we can play it in some days/weeks/months(/years). Ok, the map is kind of boring but that doesn't matter. Just not that beauty we saw in the last maps.

One thing I'm not sure about is the first picture where you can see 4 types of Goku. I don't know, I'm worry about that you guys put tons of effects in it that it becomes overflowed with effects. To many aren't better.

Some weeks ago I suggest an hypermode/hyperspeed-thing, and as I saw these pictures i thought how you guys make the map in a kind of red-tone when the person uses hypermode and everything has an blur-effect or something like that. Just thinking.. :love:

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys these are really great news and you know this. I'm exited what coming next week.

As you already know there is always a "but". Here it is:

BUT, (first the negativ aspects):
The picture where frieza puts one arm in the air you can see in the lower left corner something with a kind of ugly border - i mean "urgh".. still water?
Also the other picture of frieza: he needs both of his arms to lift up some of these LITTLE stones. Come on guys. Frieza isn't that weak that he need both hands. He split Namek with just one hand but for some crappy stones he need all his strenght to lift both hands up? Sounds not right for me.

Let's see the other hand (positiv aspects):
Waow, the picture of Goku in the middle who is transformed is absolutly unbelievible. Incredible. This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen (of esf). This looks so real, I can't believe that we can play it in some days/weeks/months(/years). Ok, the map is kind of boring but that doesn't matter. Just not that beauty we saw in the last maps.

One thing I'm not sure about is the first picture where you can see 4 types of Goku. I don't know, I'm worry about that you guys put tons of effects in it that it becomes overflowed with effects. To many aren't better.

Some weeks ago I suggest an hypermode/hyperspeed-thing, and as I saw these pictures i thought how you guys make the map in a kind of red-tone when the person uses hypermode and everything has an blur-effect or something like that. Just thinking.. :love:
You shouldn't jump the gun like that. You've only seen what, 2-3 screenshots of Guru and the other map? :-/

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why is that? I even give reasons why. Some ppl just wrote "Sucks" or "Stupid" (if they exist, most ppl write things like "Great.", "Wow." or "Great job.") nothing else.
I don't like that, because I think if I explain what and why I dislike something you can better understand what I criticize.
Sure, persons who write something bad automatically are "bad guys", for that reason I also write what I like.
You have to understand that I love you guys! Just read my first sentences. Don't be sad.
At the moment I write at another way of hypermode/hyperspeed just to make the game more like dbz and more "WOAH" and still hope you guys would implement that.
Just one question: When do we know if our suggestion would be taken or not? If you release the Final?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just one question: When do we know if our suggestion would be taken or not? If you release the Final?
If it's in the final release, either it was planned or the team liked it. They're mysterious like that, half of them are ninjas.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ugly border is water. Thats how the shader distorts underwater stuff when looking from abbove. Kinda like looking at the waves of real water ^^

Provided its see through enough :p

Frieza: I think he looks cooler when he lifts it like that.

As for effects. Basically we are giving the player the choice to select what style he wants. A simple setting that acn be changed ingame. In any case i dont see anything bad about having an extra effect or 2. Just a bonus to the gameplay.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A simple setting that acn be changed ingame. In any case i dont see anything bad about having an extra effect or 2. Just a bonus to the gameplay.
Does that mean you guys put kind of hypermode in? :shocked:

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does that mean you guys put kind of hypermode in? :shocked:
That was soulely aimed at your coment on the first image with 4 gokus.

Quite honestly i have yet to see an actual effect or an actuall hypermode in DBZ.

Best answers
My jaw poped,I can't believe what I'm seeing!!!!!!!
Congrats guys you are doing amazing work :D .

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well i have no comments about those pictures...
as this is being the last release i think it is good to have a few extra things in it.
and it's good for some movies or pictures :D

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, looks like ESF is a PS2 game, it's so good looking. CAnt w8 for it.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS2 ARE YOU MAD ps2 is OLD its more like PS3

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this mod, but I wont say that it reached such a level. In fact it doesnt need to, I think it is graphically perfect already.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It seems good, but Goku's model has a small bug, maybe insufficient polygons number. In all pictures his hands out over the red suit. It deteriorating entire image :(:(:(

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because of the animation. When you change the position of hands, it usually happens.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes we are still limited by the number of nobes we can use to animate models im afraid.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
PS2 ARE YOU MAD ps2 is OLD its more like PS3
dude..

do you even own a PS3?
PS3 games have a strong graphics engine..

wich HL1 can't even stand next to..

But the ESF crew did some wonderful job on this
it actually looks like some newly released PS2 games.
It doesn't look as good as Tenkaichi games ( Graphics wise )

but the gameplay would be alot better in my opinion..

I wish the ESF crew a good night..
i'm gonna sleep now =)

& again.. good luck with the preparations..
hope it will be released soon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hmm esf looks better then tenkaichi with the maps and effects if you ask me...
only the models of tenkaichi look better due the polygon limit etc.

and ps2 should have some more anti aliasing same as ps3
and yes i own one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom