The Next Generation of ESF

Force Pit Member
Best answers
OK so, Valve should hire you guys, why?

Well, you just proved you did a better job than they did with half life source.

You remade the game without using source engine and it looks like source engine was used.

They used Source to remake half life and most of the time it still felt like Half Life, graphic wise.

BTW, how about a Chrono Trigger remake?

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
The project after esf will be something that wasn't there in the past. We want to make something completely new. Something where we can't get blamed for any copyright issues.
So a Chrono Trigger remake isn't in :p

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It's impressive what a group of people can do with a 1998 engine. The update is outstanding and I am sure we will be even more surprised when the next update comes out. The mod will be perfect. :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's impressive what a group of people can do with a 1998 engine. The update is outstanding and I am sure we will be even more surprised when the next update comes out. The mod will be perfect. :yes:
I confirm with you, can't wait for next update.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You remade the game without using source engine and it looks like source engine was used.

They used Source to remake half life and most of the time it still felt like Half Life, graphic wise.

To be fair, they didn't exactly put much time, effort, or resources into half life source. It was a quick and dirty tests to confirm that porting your half-life mod into the source engine could be done, it was never intended to be something like black mesa source.

Best answers
OMG, that is the aura I suggested time ago. Your work is astonishing!! Keep on doing it as well as you were doing. One question, that aura will be in every shade or only in one? Another, I see some differences betwen the LV and the enviroment cell shading, but which are?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realize the second you release a trailer for this game, that you've got an instant classic... right?

I've been here since '02, and it's definately been worth the wait.

I LOVE YOU, GUYS!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm... things sure do change. The ssj goku flying at the screen looks like an intro to a budokai tenkaichi game.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realize the second you release a trailer for this game, that you've got an instant classic... right?

I've been here since '02, and it's definately been worth the wait.

I LOVE YOU, GUYS!
Love you too, Hwo. <33333

There was a Chrono Trigger mod being worked on in the past, but it got shut down.

Best answers
Wow... another great update :) keep it coming guys, you rule ;)

There's just one question I have: You do have AA enabled, right? Because the screenshots would be even more awesome if they didn't show any aliasing at all...

My guess would be that you have AA turned on, but some places aren't affected, as usual MSAA doesn't affect shaders (that's why there's SSAA).

Too bad SSAA doesn't work with OpenGL, at least AFAIK, so what about using downsampling? ;)

There's plenty about it on the net. You might want to check it out, just to make your screenshots even more awesome :)

cheers^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Love you too, Hwo. <33333

There was a Chrono Trigger mod being worked on in the past, but it got shut down.
Yeah, "Chrono Trigger Resurrection" I think.

Is it even possible to create an RPG with this engine?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... another great update :) keep it coming guys, you rule ;)

There's just one question I have: You do have AA enabled, right? Because the screenshots would be even more awesome if they didn't show any aliasing at all...

My guess would be that you have AA turned on, but some places aren't affected, as usual MSAA doesn't affect shaders (that's why there's SSAA).

Too bad SSAA doesn't work with OpenGL, at least AFAIK, so what about using downsampling? ;)

There's plenty about it on the net. You might want to check it out, just to make your screenshots even more awesome :)

cheers^^
I'm using AA. On max. Something is wrong with the water shader though, so if water is behind the character, the edges won't smooth out.

Yeah, "Chrono Trigger Resurrection" I think.

Is it even possible to create an RPG with this engine?
I'm sure it is, but it would require loads of work.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using AA. On max. Something is wrong with the water shader though, so if water is behind the character, the edges won't smooth out.

I'm sure it is, but it would require loads of work.
Hmm... is that what happens when refraction is on?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol sub hahah nice freeza :p

anyway..

guys, you should put some efforts in the tranformations..
we would like to see some awesome transformations

and not like budokai "hya (1sec) ssj"
next trailer should be a show about Goku transforming ;P

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol sub hahah nice freeza :p

anyway..

guys, you should put some efforts in the tranformations..
we would like to see some awesome transformations

and not like budokai "hya (1sec) ssj"
next trailer should be a show about Goku transforming ;P
Yung man will you wait till our animation God does his normal movement animation list first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom