The Next Generation of ESF

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hmm esf looks better then tenkaichi with the maps and effects if you ask me... only the models of tenkaichi look better due the polygon limit etc.

and ps2 should have some more anti aliasing same as ps3
and yes i own one...
I think effects and maps are not better then tenkaichi 3, but the new ESF graphics really looks like PS2.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't compare ESF to PS2 and PS3 games. Compare ESF to other 1998 game engines, that is the proper way to do it. And for an engine that is over 11 years old, it looks great.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't compare ESF to PS2 and PS3 games. Compare ESF to other 1998 game engines
Can we really do that? Dont forget that lots of esf stuff are beeing made with recent software. Besides, in 1998 half-life was already the best game around, so its no use to compare. I honestly think this mod can be compared with ps2 games and hl2 mods.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
This update was complete awsomess right down to the ultimate core. <3

Nice work guys, really digging the graphics (and damn you for making me upgrade my computer xD).

Me wants surprise now! :D

EDIT: Why doesn't my signature show, which I uploaded? Or is it just a matter of time?

Last edited:
Best answers
you can't compare ESF with anything... no other game is close to being ESF. In other words..Esf is incomparable :cool:

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why you've written that there would be an suprise THIS week if there isn't one? That's pitty. I mean then don't write anything like that. Hate that. :(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why you've written that there would be an suprise THIS week if there isn't one? That's pitty. I mean then don't write anything like that. Hate that. :(
The week isnt over yet. Dam is just a bit slow some times. But the update should be here before the week is over ^^

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The week isnt over yet. Dam is just a bit slow some times. But the update should be here before the week is over ^^
Got your word right now. Thanks.

Best answers
you guys are on the verge of creating the best DBZ game yet. i need to upgrade my comp to even play, let alone compete ;P how can this be hl1!

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you guys are on the verge of creating the best DBZ game yet. i need to upgrade my comp to even play, let alone compete ;P how can this be hl1!
That's cause the developers are so damn persisent, ya know?

They went from little, bitty cute Alpha to this sweet, rocking piece of magnifecent worksmanship, because they had a crack at the engine, over, and over and over and over and over again. And when somebody from the awsome, sexy, cool, uber, amazing, lighting-like, electric, sweet developers couldn't make a progress, they almost gave up, but didn't, 'cause right when they were about to press that "x" button at the upper, right corner, they clicked something else instead by accident, which lead them to an amazing progress in short time.

Am I right, guys? :O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Than get a better PC =P

anywayz..

what they told us..

u can turn off the new effects so it runs same as normal ESF

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
truetrue..

only the newer effects might slow low-spec PC's a bit..
but thats no problem for most of us right? =)

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL is HL the requirements will be the same as ever
Even though it's still HL the minimum requirements for HL will definitely not be the min. reqs. for ESF. There have been many drastic changes and adjustments to the engine and even though you can turn off a lot of settings and play on low. You will still need an up-to-date computer to play it with full details :warning:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The new effects rock ..

it's like a new Graphics engine..
a transformed HL1 engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom