The Final Fantasy Thread

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The development studio Square Enix revealed at the ceremony for the 25th Anniversary of the Final Fantasy series the last series offshoot of character Lightning. This had already played in Final Fantasy 13 Final Fantasy 13-2 and its successor, the main role. The last part about Lightnig to the title of "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13" wear, and conclude the story of the series heroine.

The story of the game will play in a world that is about to fall and according to producer Yoshinori Kitase "can be explored as they wish."

Also interesting is the battle system: It should also include the elements that players liked in previous parts, but much more action will be.

Another change that was announced at the celebration, is the link between the game and real-world. Accurate has been posted yet for this purpose, but it is conceivable that, for example, people with a smartphone on the go on their character development influence. What do you think, how should these opportunities be exploited?

It was also repeatedly emphasized that you have to decide how you want to spend the last days on earth. This of course leaves a crucial question unanswered and indeed, whether it will be possible for the player to save the world or die if the blue planet is.

As Release Date Square Enix has been given for the year 2013th Who does not want to give up to date Final Fantasy can while away his time with the additional content for Final Fantasy 13-2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 has been announced for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

wow can't wait

got this from official square enix Japanese site translated with google *laughing out loud*

this video was showed there also http://finalfantasyxiii.com/LR/

update 2: Following the announcement of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 on the weekend now more details from the latest issue of Japanese Famitsu have become known.

Has summarized the key points we want to Andriasang and of course not denied.

The game is currently 70 percent complete.
It is Lightning's last game and gets a happy ending. Overall, there will be only one end.
Final Fantasy 13 is called a story driven, the story drove the players. In Final Fantasy 13-2, the players were at the center because they chose the story. And Lightning returns the focus is on the world, because you have to decide how you interact with this changing world.
The time for a game day is about one to two hours of play time.
Based on the choices you make could you less time before the end of the world than the originally planned limit of 13 days.
There are cases in which reduced the remaining time when you help someone.
The elimination of enemies or completing quests turn may increase the time remaining.
The game is meant to be played through multiple times. It is not intended to take several ten hours, so as to pass again.
The people from Final Fantasy 13-2 is not dead. After the impact of the events in the game, they have ceased to age.
The world has four continents, two with urban and two with natural surroundings.
Lightning man for himself, so you can imagine all alone focus on them.
On top of that you have Lightning drafted more clearly.
You can move freely in the fighting. Some elements of the combat system are time-based. It is action-oriented, an ATB display is also available.
During the fighting she does not select commands from a menu, but different skills that the buttons were used.
Hope Lightning supports via a wireless communication.
In the city there are clocks everywhere that show the constant progress of time.

finally the game will have nearly same fighting style as kingdom hearts, final fantasy 13- versus, god of war

update 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StJg11uWTkM

its nearly as kingdom hearts gameplay would like to see more and by the way
masashi announced crimson BLITZ an application that the game events will have affect to the reality , don't know what it means some new shits coming soon !!!

the trailer was showed at the jump festa shonen jump special many anime and games where there, by the way one piece anime is about to end *laughing out loud*!

update 4 (from yesterday)

new infos: there are 4 kontinents in new cocoon which is called novus portus now

one kontinent called luxerion

it plays 500 years after caius was defeated (year 500)
which means year 1000

every ff13 and ff13-2 character will be there

only lightning playable

ff13-versus is not cancelled release is this year as hashimoto and testuya told in jump festa

ff XV (15) announced for next year 2014 the game will have way bigger world then skyrim and more people in citys like ac3 cant wait for first arts !

final fantasy X HD will be showed this yeah E3 and TGS neither this is Playstation 3 exclusive anymore
and it will contain multiplayer (wonder how)
ff113versus will be showed in E3 and released this year
lets get fired up this years gamescom e3 and tgs and shonen jump game show

Square enix new releases for this year

final fantasy 11 gets new dlc called seekers of adoulin

lightning returns: final fantasy 13

final fantasy X HD

sleeping dogs new dlc zodiacs martial arts tournament

Thief 4

kingdom hearts 1,5 remix HD (psvita exclusiv only ) its all kingdom hearts in HD remake into one game(contains Re chain of memories and final mix 1 and 2 +)

http://files.spieletipps.de/picture_img/72/c0/13/72c013_50e46ff4c204a.jpg

P.S this crimson blitz feature is awesome battles now like kingdom hearts and stuff , TGS wont show ff13-versus but will be showed in gamescom and E3 and its not ps3 exclusive anymore

official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LightningReturnsFFXIII?ref=ts&fref=ts

official website : http://finalfantasyxiii.com/LR/

official japan release date: 29 march 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll probably get it just because I sincerely love FF, it being my first game. But 13 let me down pretty hard, and I'm only gonna give 14 a chance once it's re-released because a bunch of alpha tester buddies are swearing by the new system.

Just dunno if I wanna bother with a game based on that terrible battle system of 13.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I just want Versus XIII to finally be done. That way, SE can finally focus on Kingdom Hearts III.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah kingdom hearts 3 no announced for now but cant wait for versus and lightning returns too luckly only final fantasy X HD and kingdom hearts 1.5remix HD

will be ps3 exclusive now

but whatever reminds me back to the 2009´s final fantasy 13 was announced for ps3 exclusiv only months later for xbox too xd

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yes there is also final fantasy type 0 being worked on for english release wich was announced in 25th anniversary from ff it was perviously released last year in japan only

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I has major crush on Lightning. DOn't know why, but I bought the damn game just because of her and rather enjoyed it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
new info In Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy 13 heroine Lightning, it gets a new villain to do. The villain is named Lumia. As manufactured by Square Enix reveals now, will hardly be able to evaluate players Lumia and never know what it is planning next.

The lead developer of the character of Lumia into the universe, to heroine Lightning presenting appropriately counterbalanced. Lumia will be unpredictable. They just helped Lightning, they already tried to ram her with a knife in his back.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
an interview with masashi kitagawa and tetyua nomura reveleaed some ingame stuff and new content in this awesome new sequel from Final Fantasy XIII-2

13 days time limit to complete the game
4 large main continents
new action-fighting system
complex character development
plays 500 years after Final Fantasy XIII-2
with many old friends here
New Sneak missions
more then 100 side missions
will be published in Autumn 2013 for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

lightning will be able to change costume similar to final fantasy x-2 to change trough commando into defender as example,which also automatically change some status skills

new antagonist called Lumia
sequel from lightning returns is already released as DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2(battle of the goddness)

Lumia picture:

she looks like serah and lightning

http://files.spieletipps.de/picture_img/9d/35/53/9d3553_50f90c9249cc1.jpg

http://files.spieletipps.de/picture_img/36/30/6c/36306c_50f90c91829f4.jpg

only playable character will be lightning

Postscript no new infos about final fantasy versus 13

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
one minus point to vita it will have x and x-2 sold seperatly

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, really? I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by that if it's true (I can't read japanese). As boring as the combat and atmosphere was, it somehow managed to be one of my favorites.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, well it's not really a remake but a re-release then. That's kinda disappointing. Shouldn't have expected anything from Square enix.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All copies of FFX-2 should be burned and all source files deleted from every computer. God that game sucked XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lightning returns comes out 11 february 2014
final fantasy X/X-2 HD comes out 31 december this year

versus not showed but it was mentioned that its not exclusive anymore for ps3 and that further information will come very soon

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll probably get a Vita around Christmas time, then. I can give or take Lightning Returns. She's a cool character and all, but they're really just trying to pull back their player base after failing with 13.

Lol, I would expect not. They need to make their money back on that development hell. I'm sure Versus will be out for damn near everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom