The Final Fantasy Thread

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Shit, I've played V, VII, VIII, IX,X, XII now I have a subscription for XIV and still have to finished XII yet. I need to play XIV as usual, and finish XII and play VI casually, because I get the feeling I have missed out because VI is one of the best ones!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to finish twelve and have a computer strong enough to emulate ps2 games, I would suggest getting the XII Zodiac Job System edition. It's a japanese release that rebalances the skill grids so that you actually have set jobs. You also get direct control of the espers.

Some dude essentially copy and pasted the english voices/subtitles on it so there is a copy in pure english. Due to the forums lame rules, I should also mention it's illegal to download if you don't have a copy already, so order that shit from japan first chance you get! (don't, just ******* download it.)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I've actually been looking into playing FFVI but never got around to it. For a first time player would you recommend the original, or Brave New World?
Brave New World felt like playing it for the first time again for me. Some fights get pretty intense.

I'd honestly recommend the original. FFVI is a great game. It's one of those "must plays" from the SNES like Chrono Trigger

The only problem with Brave New World is the guy who did the dialogue is really terrible in some parts. It's not unbearable though but there's like 9-10 very, very, very, stupid changes. However, the gameplay changes in BNW are better appreciated after you've played the game.

Last edited:
Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lightning returns demo is out

quite epic better battle system nice sounds

still 2 more months for ffx hd !!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, planning on getting it when it comes out. Hope my old ass 360 can handle it. I had some framerate drops in the later portion of XIII.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
got lightning returns today with 8 DLCS
cloud dlc
4x samurai dlc
yuna ffx-2 dlc with brotherhood sword not pistols
lara croft dlc
black mage dlc ( looks like vivi )

i definetly recommend this game ! battle system is great many new features and the world is DAMN BIG

p.s use outworld and u gain also Etros warrior costume for 0 gil and if u got the save game from ff13 u get lighting costume from that game!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it as well, and eh, it's alright. The story is interesting, combat is fun, but Lightning has absolutely no emotion. And yeah, I realize that it's like that purposefully as a part of the storyline, but it still makes it hard to identify with her. Previously, she had this soldiers attitude towards everything and I liked that. Now it's just "oh hey it's a dead guy, I should find his killer -.-".

I do like all the religious foreshadowing and such, I also think it's interesting how Snow developed into what he is.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
(sorry for spoiling now)

her emotions were erased by bhunivehlze same goes for hope due it could affect their mission

but in previous game she wasnt also that emotional she is like cloud

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, I know it's a part of the plot. It's just that, regardless, it makes her hard to identify with.

And yeah, she wasn't crying every other second like hope, but she HAD emotions. She would get angry, scared, or distressed quite often. Now she's just like, nothing. The entire point of Final Fantasy games has always been plot and character development.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im dumb i played in 7 days all bosses then i skipped the rest without doing side quests now in last time i must fight bhunivelze in normal mode and i dont know how to beat this **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yo guys square enix has saved the Shinra Electric Company trademark for their video games

they will make a new ff7 game but no one currently knows if its a remake sequel or prequel again

i bet its a sequel due Genenis revived Weiss in dirge of cerberus in secret ending hope we see a new ff7 or remake soon

thanks arigoto obrigado muchas gracias ESF community

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read something about a HD remake a while ago, so I think it's more likely to be that. I don't think we'll be seeing an actual sequel (or prequel) to FF7 in a while due to Kingdom Hearts and FF15.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll more than likely be either an hd re-release or a full remake.

I'm hoping it'll be a remake. What people never stop to think about when they're screaming "WHY WONT SQUARE REMAKE FF7!? DO THEY HATE MONEY!?" is that the technology to remake a massive, world spanning rpg has only JUST been developed. If they had remade it before, it woulda been a linear Final Fantasy X version. Those old school rpgs are pretty impressive in scale, and cutting corners on such a cherished game would be pretty catastrophic.

Like Dam said though, don't expect anything until XV and Kingdom Hearts is released.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol guys i just tought ff6 came for android some weeks ago to the app store so it may come the next ff games to app store ....
lets hope im wrong!!!!!!!!1

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all up for a new game in the FFVII universe, be it a remake of the lego version or something new (if so, then preferably with Genesis in it, due to his presence in DOC). Hopefully there's a PC version and has a realtime action battle system.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read somewhere that Square Enix wants to put future Final Fantasy games on the PC, so it's probably likely that future remakes will be included on the PC now. I'd actually really like to see the FFX HD remakes on PC.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
WHERE IS MY CHRONO TRIGGER/XENOGEARS REMAKE

******* Final ecstasy

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I read somewhere that Square Enix wants to put future Final Fantasy games on the PC, so it's probably likely that future remakes will be included on the PC now. I'd actually really like to see the FFX HD remakes on PC.
And this is something that's annoyed the hell out of me - basically every Final Fantasy would be the easiest thing to port over to PC. FFXHD on my PC would be fantastic.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFVII was originally on PC as well, it would be ridiculous for its remake not to make it to the platform. If it's not a remake, though, then I guess anything may go. There's a **** ton of games of FFVII universe on different platforms.

Regarding FFX (non-HD), it's one of the most boring stories that I ever went through, accompanied with terrible characters and their designs. I figure FFXHD's success may've raised the FFVII initiative to higher levels, but I have yet to be pointed out why is FFX any good. Perhaps I expected too much out of a Final Fantasy title after having played FFVII and FFVIII. They can't all be that good, can they.

Gotta finish CT (stopped for some reason, can't be bothered to continue), next on my list is the famous FFVI.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
FFX was my first Final Fantasy game, so naturally I'm a bit more biased towards it. I enjoy it for its powerful mixture of Okinawan culture and sci-fi, which I felt was a welcome reprieve from the steampunk, cyberpunk, and/or classic medieval atmosphere from previous games. I found that it stuck out on its own for just a more interesting setting than previous games in the series. While I can't speak for the designs (noting that Tidus seems unable to properly dress himself), I enjoy the characters more than anything.

Also, I've never managed to find anyone to explain to me how VIII wasn't a VII rewrite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom