Super Smash Bro BRAWL: Game AND Defective thread!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those trying to play online good luck if you don't have friend codes.

Theres apparently so many people trying to connect to random matches the nintendo servers can't handle it and are lagging immensely.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game seems to work perfectly fine for me. I am diligent about taking care of my Wii (Pun intended? You decide!).

As far as I can tell from what I've played/unlocked, there are going to be some SSB fans who will absolutely love this game (myself included), while others - particularly those who depended on the quirks unique to Melee in order to play well - might be a bit upset that some mechanics have changed slightly. I wish I could comment further on that aspect, but I was never the kind of Melee player that knew every little trick in the book.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The WiFi capability is pretty much broken at this point. You can play if you exchange friend codes, but the "Play Anyone" searching feature is basically inoperable. I tried repeatedly, getting numerous different error messages.. I connected to one person, once, and it was horrendously laggy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean like those little weird things people would do like short hop jump canceling moves and what not?

I need to tlel my friend to get a Wii :/

How are the controls?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tight and responsive, as is to be expected.

There's 4 different control methods (Wiimote horizontally, Wiimote + Nunchuk, Wiimote + Classic Controller, Gamecube Controller) and each is super customizeable. No worries there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I even heard the online functions sucked, is this true?

XXX

Best answers
^The entire game sucks.

God dammit. Why did they even freaking INVENTED the PAL/USA versions? Shez, keep it on 1 version. Makes the life easier.
Because Europeans suck for having so many languages.
Sup btw Sky, long time no see ey?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I even heard the online functions sucked, is this true?
Couldn't tell you. Like Alea, my attempts to play non-Friend Code games have been met with no success thus far. Fortunately for me, I've left SSBM alone for long enough that I'm not really competitive or skilled enough to vie for glory on the online stage, and I'll be sticking to playing the bots and local or Friend Code multiplayer for the next little while (hopefully long enough for Nintendo to sort out any technical issues they're having right now).

Otherwise, if connection issues and lag are adequately addressed, I can't see how the multiplayer would suck unless the person playing didn't like the gameplay style of SSB to begin with.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The WiFi capability is pretty much broken at this point. You can play if you exchange friend codes, but the "Play Anyone" searching feature is basically inoperable. I tried repeatedly, getting numerous different error messages.. I connected to one person, once, and it was horrendously laggy.
I hear it's because of the influx of new American brawl player all logging on as soon as they get it. Once the hype dies down, or Nintendo ups their servers, it should become more stable.

I need a Wii =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i became weak and bought the game :( even though i have finals on obstetrics this week :x

POST YOUR CODES SO WE CAN PLAY ONLINE ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is the shield quick and responsive it says that now you have to hold the shield down to grab now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those wondering about Adventure Mode: I banked out at about 7-9 hours playtime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't tell you. Like Alea, my attempts to play non-Friend Code games have been met with no success thus far. Fortunately for me, I've left SSBM alone for long enough that I'm not really competitive or skilled enough to vie for glory on the online stage, and I'll be sticking to playing the bots and local or Friend Code multiplayer for the next little while (hopefully long enough for Nintendo to sort out any technical issues they're having right now).

Otherwise, if connection issues and lag are adequately addressed, I can't see how the multiplayer would suck unless the person playing didn't like the gameplay style of SSB to begin with.
Yeah friend to friend works perfectly and I barely get any lag while playing. Random matches are for the birds anyway and haven't worked when I tried them.

I gotta say the newcomers kick the **** out of the old characters. Wolf is absolutely a monster compared to the other space animals. And Sonic? Holy **** on a **** sandwich.. Attack before during and after a double jump/up special recover? Yes please.

Anyway my fc is 5026-4083-4704

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't unlocked Sonic yet, but I'm dying to try him out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Sonic is absolutely by far the most ultimate final smash in the game. If you are in the game and not invincible and not Super Sonic, you are dead. There is no escape at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
add meh! 1418-6414-8536

im a total noob, i never played the smash series, still trying to get used to the style of gameplay. been too busy doing school to ever try the new stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom