Super Smash Bro BRAWL: Game AND Defective thread!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I need to see if I'm actually good compared to others besides my brother/computers.

Gotta bring the whoop-ass back to Mario.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, get a wii nowwww.

I am so addicted to playing as squirtle, I wouldn't mind having him as a stand alone character and finally dropping jigglypuff from the lineup...

Anyway, the only problem I've had with brawl is the online play. It's been pretty laggy lately, it's playable (whooped kongs ass a few times;)) but going for the smash ball is so hard with lag XD.
then i whooped your ass back ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got try play Brawl on Sunday, it was pretty tight. :3

It's a lot slower than Melee in some aspects, but that's not really a bad thing.

The graphics are very nice and the game is beautiful in motion.

I kept losing to my cousin, though. :p

I played as Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Mario, Pikachu, pretty much all the characters you unlock pretty soon in the game. I also got to play as Snake, but I didn't really feel his style so much. I really liked Pit, Ike, and Samus (who seems more powerful now). I was sad to see that they nerfed Sheik/Zelda a bit. Transforming from one to the other now takes at least twice as long as it does on Melee, which takes the pace out of the game, but I heard it's possible to turn into Sheik right at the start of the game, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I never got to play as Zero Suit Samus though. ;[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think its too slow, just have to get used to the Wii controls, I couldnt really get around as fast as I could on the gamecube controllers, it was my own fault though.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got try play Brawl on Sunday, it was pretty tight. :3

It's a lot slower than Melee in some aspects, but that's not really a bad thing.

The graphics are very nice and the game is beautiful in motion.

I kept losing to my cousin, though. :p

I played as Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Mario, Pikachu, pretty much all the characters you unlock pretty soon in the game. I also got to play as Snake, but I didn't really feel his style so much. I really liked Pit, Ike, and Samus (who seems more powerful now). I was sad to see that they nerfed Sheik/Zelda a bit. Transforming from one to the other now takes at least twice as long as it does on Melee, which takes the pace out of the game, but I heard it's possible to turn into Sheik right at the start of the game, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I never got to play as Zero Suit Samus though. ;[
You'll find the sheik transformation is rather like the pokemon trainers switch out. Also the speed of the game has only really been slowed down in the air and only by means of a slight pause on in contact with hits so you can link aerial combos better. I play with a Wavebird and all in all the game feels just as fast for me as melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't agree. I'm not the only one who thinks it's slower than Melee.

Sheik is slower than in Melee. She simply covers less ground in the same time frame than she did in Melee.

Matt from IGN thinks they slowed everyone else down so they could make Sonic the fastest. Seems reasonable to me - they have a certain 'ceiling' of speed to work with, a limit to how fast they are willing to make a character go (for gameplay purposes), and let's say that this ceiling was already achieved in Melee with characters like Sheik, then it is logical to assume that if one character (Sonic) would need to be the fastest, that they would turn everyone else's speed down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, SSBB does feel slower than Melee, but the game still feels pretty damn fast paced. But still, feels like there is a bit of response lag time when pressing buttons oO

Anyway, yeh, this problem was happening to me all morning and afternoon, where the game was on the Now Loading screen after displaying the wrist strap warning and stuff and then it would crash with a Disc Read error: then this evening, I tried it again and it worked oO

Well, I did 2 things during the last try where it didn't work, and the first working attempt

Put my Wii so it was flat on my desk rather than vertically up on it's stand
I blew the **** out of the disc slot.

One of these did the trick. You may think it's obviously the latter that fixed it, but the reason i put my Wii on it's side is because a user on another forum said he had solved the problem by putting it horizontally on his desk.

Anyways, yeh, I love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom