Super dbz D:

DMW

Best answers
J-Dude said:
Okay, some of it was impressive, but a couple things disappointed me:

Why did Mecha Frieza have a cannon on his back, like some VERY cheap video game character instead of the power hungry no-mercy reptile we all know?

And what REALLY got me...Why, oh why...was Goku's Super Spirit Bomb yellow? How do you f*** that up???

Otherwise, it looks a bit better than I first percieved. Good to see stuff outside the world tournament ring. Nice character variety. I mean ChiChi? That's some depth, AND guts. Wonder why she was wearing her beginning-of-DB outfit...?

I liked seeing the beams fly visibly into space like in the show, and the large blast from miles away enveloping the horizon. Nice destructibles, but still the fights seemed a little cramped. The fighters always seem to be right in each other's faces.
The cannons an extra costume,regular mecha freeza is in the game.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
btw Soul punisher.. what happened to ur sig? it just disappeared one day o_O
^_^ Well actually i just took everything down and didn't put anything back up temporarily ,until i could figure out what exactly i wanted different in my sig area-- just me being picky i suppose. But yeah, it was kina random i guess.

im glad to see you can choose between english and japanese though
Also, i didn't remember seeing anywhere about them actually having the options to change the language, i thought that their version of the game just happen to be in standard japanese only and that was it-- maybe you can quote it for me when you get the chance. And wouldn't the sound effects automatically would be the same in both versions ? :tired:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah fair enough, its just I quite liked that sig :x

its on the second page btw D:

ign preview said:
Options
In our build not all of the options are available yet, so it's difficult to determine how many more possibilities will be added before Super DBZ is released next month. Even so, the options menu does allow players to customize all the usual goodies -- difficulty level, round counts, time limits, key configurations, etc. Some of the cooler little options, though, revolve around the presentation things. Selecting different wallpapers or narrator voices, for examples, are pretty neat little extras -- but it is still unknown if we'll be able to switch between English and Japanese dialog for everyone (by default, it's in Japanese for our version).
doh, i read it wrong... but it says (by default its in japanese in our version) so i dunno if it'd change the sound effects =\

Best answers
-- Good find MC-- though..

Iffy
Great visuals; nice portrayal of different fighting styles for different characters. Combat system feels a bit stiff; lackluster finishing attacks.

-- That's the first time ive head anything regarding the " Combo System feeling stiff "-- but Gamespy isn't a site i care for much in terms of previews or reviews-- like sites such as Gamespot and IGN. The " Lackluster Finishing Attacks " comment was rather surprsing though.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soul Punisher said:
-- Good find MC-- though..

-- That's the first time ive head anything regarding the " Combo System feeling stiff "-- but Gamespy isn't a site i care for much in terms of previews or reviews-- like sites such as Gamespot and IGN. The " Lackluster Finishing Attacks " comment was rather surprsing though.
Thanks. I usually don't take Gamespy's reviews/previews seriously, besides X-Play on G4tv, Gamespy is the only site I look up reviews/previews.

Atari announced that the English version of Super DBZ will be released the 18th of this month (I apologize if that was previously mentioned).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say, i think the new storymode is going to be in-****ing credible D: (just cuz its so manga like... plus akira helping is going to add to the wowness)
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the models completely redone for this. They're practically Budokai 3 models with only slight animation adjustments, such as; original battle stances, a few attacks & whatnot. What would be really cool are specific character traits, like Majin Vegeta's sadistic grin, a constant-flowing aura and a unique stance to complete his whole look. I'm thinking along the lines of Hyper Dimension, which was one of the only original Dragon Ball Z fighting games, in my opinion.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The models are completely different... some of the best dbz models ive ever seen imo, tenkaichi 2 has much worse models, especially for their poly usage. They are miles apart in texture design (much closer to toriyama's up to date style), poly limit, and they're animated quite a lot differently, all the characters do have their own stance, the melee attack animations i see look like the images ive seen from the manga, looks like they actually animated using the manga as a reference.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
The models are completely different... some of the best dbz models ive ever seen imo, tenkaichi 2 has much worse models, especially for their poly usage. They are miles apart in texture design (much closer to toriyama's up to date style), poly limit, and they're animated quite a lot differently, all the characters do have their own stance, the melee attack animations i see look like the images ive seen from the manga, looks like they actually animated using the manga as a reference.

Well they did say Super dbz is following the manga version, so i guess it is possible, while tenkiachi follows the anime *shrug* i say Super DBZ looks more like Dragon Balls animation but that is just me i suppose, where T looks like the buu saga animations but im not gonna get into a argument over this, the game looks nice regardless.

Best answers
IIRC the game is already out here in belgium.They showed the game in a program here on television and they gave it 3 out of 5.Also,i saw it in a folder of a gamestore and it was only 26 euro's.

Best answers
I just got the game and i have to say and its.....:S ......

The Best. Dragonball Z. Fighter. Ever. It's like Street Fighter on steroids, it's super fast once both players get into it with the quick dashes. It's just plain awesome. I only beat Arcade mode with Goku right now, and the game is really hard for me atm. Good challenge in it. Creating a character card now, so I'll get to find out how the exp works etc.

So yeah, cheers for the masterminds behind SDBZ, it's brilliant!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only two more weeks wait here I think, then i'm going to be all over it like butter on a hot crumpet. I had my doubts but hey, it's a new DBZ game and it can't be any worse than Sagas.

Best answers
-- Here's 2 new trailers-- what goku did in the video was amazing, what a hell of an way to pull of a perfect. I also wasn't aware that you can cancel out in the middle of special attacks, moving straight into others as seen with Vegeta.

http://spdbz.jp/ps2/news_02.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first trailer sucks. don't watch that one, watch "No.2", This game is gonna rule my PS2 Memory Card.

Best answers
-- I just got a hold of the game about four hours ago-- i honestly can't believe how some people actually had the audacity to recommend this to Dragonball Z Fans only, as if the appeal of this game was only on that level like the other junk they called a good fighting game, Budokai 3. This isn't just the best Dragonball Z Fighting game ever-- no, it's the best Dragonball Z game period in my opinion. The result of the engine created in this game, was perfectly executed. The smoothness of the game is on the level of Dead or Alive in terms of mobility, and the characters feel so unique in every way possible, even with their basic similarities-- im just begining to leave Goku after four hours of play in pratice mode, just to give Vegeta a try, and i still don't feel like ive learned everything there is to know about him.

I wont even continue because this is all self explanatory to begin with if you have the game, or atleast it should be-- it's truely a masterpiece in my eyes and well worth $50 when i do buy it two days from now. And best of all, i haven't even left pratice mode yet, so i havent even faced off against a moving opponent to really test how good i am-- i highly recommend this game, and if you werent impressed by the videos, then dont deny it until you tried it, there's clearly a large amount of depth to been seen in this game once you become good at it and unlike B3 ugly and clunkly looking combo strings, there are very, very sastifying when you perform them.

Best answers
While i do appreciate a review, one from only 4 hours is just the simple OMG factor, it happens when someone gets a anticipated game, made by a worthy developer.

DMC2 is a good example it was a OMG for the first couple of minutes, until people saw its bad sides =P.

Once you have played it for a while give another review, the same type of reviews happened when people got Tenkiachi they thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, but after a while it got boring.

I see potential in Super DBZ tho, EVO potential, main reason is it plays just like Street fighter, but its based around DBZ. Honestly if i was to make my own opinion i would say for best DBZ game Tenkaichi takes it easy, it recreates all the wonderful things about DBZ quite well, and T2 will be that much better, combos and controlling fancy foot work/punches is all fine and dandy, but honestly i don't think DBZ was ever meant to be a fighting game, its just the only way it can be expressed heh.

Super DBZ is very fun tho, recommended to anyone in the looking area for a good fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom