Super dbz D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
-- I just got a hold of the game about four hours ago-- i honestly can't believe how some people actually had the audacity to recommend this to Dragonball Z Fans only, as if the appeal of this game was only on that level like the other junk they called a good fighting game, Budokai 3. This isn't just the best Dragonball Z Fighting game ever-- no, it's the best Dragonball Z game period in my opinion. The result of the engine created in this game, was perfectly executed. The smoothness of the game is on the level of Dead or Alive in terms of mobility, and the characters feel so unique in every way possible, even with their basic similarities-- im just begining to leave Goku after four hours of play in pratice mode, just to give Vegeta a try, and i still don't feel like ive learned everything there is to know about him.

I wont even continue because this is all self explanatory to begin with if you have the game, or atleast it should be-- it's truely a masterpiece in my eyes and well worth $50 when i do buy it two days from now. And best of all, i haven't even left pratice mode yet, so i havent even faced off against a moving opponent to really test how good i am-- i highly recommend this game, and if you werent impressed by the videos, then dont deny it until you tried it, there's clearly a large amount of depth to been seen in this game once you become good at it and unlike B3 ugly and clunkly looking combo strings, there are very, very sastifying when you perform them.
So you haven't even actually fought an AI yet? Haven't had a taste of real combat?

Sorry.. but your review doesn't mean much to me then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
-- I just got a hold of the game about four hours ago-- i honestly can't believe how some people actually had the audacity to recommend this to Dragonball Z Fans only, as if the appeal of this game was only on that level like the other junk they called a good fighting game, Budokai 3. This isn't just the best Dragonball Z Fighting game ever-- no, it's the best Dragonball Z game period in my opinion. The result of the engine created in this game, was perfectly executed. The smoothness of the game is on the level of Dead or Alive in terms of mobility, and the characters feel so unique in every way possible, even with their basic similarities-- im just begining to leave Goku after four hours of play in pratice mode, just to give Vegeta a try, and i still don't feel like ive learned everything there is to know about him.

I wont even continue because this is all self explanatory to begin with if you have the game, or atleast it should be-- it's truely a masterpiece in my eyes and well worth $50 when i do buy it two days from now. And best of all, i haven't even left pratice mode yet, so i havent even faced off against a moving opponent to really test how good i am-- i highly recommend this game, and if you werent impressed by the videos, then dont deny it until you tried it, there's clearly a large amount of depth to been seen in this game once you become good at it and unlike B3 ugly and clunkly looking combo strings, there are very, very sastifying when you perform them.
I do like your review, but I still would reccomend GameFly.

Best answers
I think you people don't know the difference between a review an initial reaction from a moment of instantaneously impression. I would've made note of it, if that was my review, i didn't go anywhere near in detail enough to warrant that as an review in my opinion, but take it how you want i suppose.

So you haven't even actually fought an AI yet? Haven't had a taste of real combat?

Sorry.. but your review doesn't mean much to me then.
-- aww well forget you then lol nah but seriously, as i said before, what i posted wasn't really my idea of an review-- so i wasn't going that far into it. My main focous at the time was just seeing what each character has too offer, and understanding how much the game differs from the others in terms of combo strings, juggles, ect-- i didn't need to fight A.I. to realize what the game was offering and that this game was already entirely better then every Dragonball Z before it(IMO) with endless replay value if you aren't some hardcore Dragonball Z dweeb who has to have another lame Dragonball Z storymode with countless reenactments and pre-set combos done to death a thousand times. Also, over the past 5 hours, ive had a taste of more then just the A.I., but battle with other human players and it's pretty damn intense-- for the the first time in a long while, i can honestly say that nothing is better then the feeling of improving more and more as you play, and that really becomes obvious in this game.

The A.I. also seems to be pretty well balanced overall, despite the fact that Vegeta still spams all sorts of blast barrages to death like he does in every Dragonball Z game once he gets a distance-- he happens to do it strategically in this game, so it's actually acceptable and easily overlooked, due to the fact that he switches into melee mode whenever you move in close enough either way. I don't really tend to judge the A.I. anyway, because i much rather be fighting human players at all times.

While i do appreciate a review, one from only 4 hours is just the simple OMG factor, it happens when someone gets a anticipated game, made by a worthy developer.

DMC2 is a good example it was a OMG for the first couple of minutes, until people saw its bad sides =P.

Once you have played it for a while give another review, the same type of reviews happened when people got Tenkiachi they thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, but after a while it got boring.
-- Every game gets boring, especially fighting games-- where the best enjoyment usually tends to come from playing skilled human players to begin with-- so i felt that was totally irrelevant here-- this game clearly offers alot in the customization and combat department, and bordem is only relevant here, if your expectations were set entirely too high in the standard single-player department only, which as i said earlier, shouldn't even be a major expectation if you did any research on the game.

-- DMC is only good until you beat it.
-- Budokai Tenkaichi is only good until you win everything.

Thoese game don't offer anything after the single-player perspective that's worth coming back too, unlike this game-- replay value is the most important factor to me, and it's going to take me months to pull off all possible strings and combos for each character in this game-- that's the type of things i like coming back too-- customization and a in-depth fighting system. Im a fighting gamer first, and a Dragonball Z fan(gamer) secondly. I guess those two aspects tend to sastify me the most in these type of games.

I see potential in Super DBZ tho, EVO potential,
-- Agreed, it does have Evo potential.

Best answers
ive had for a while now and i agree, its the best dbz game out there to me if u can live without the story mode :D my favorite character so far is krillin, i havent play much with the others yet, because im stil tryin to master him

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question! How is the fluidity of the combo system? Do you have the flexibility to press a variety of buttons and still execute an efficient and/or eye catching combo? Meaning the opposite of the budokai series, which had an inconvenient delay for mismatched buttons.

Best answers
Im trying to play with goku now, this may sound noobish but how do u go ssj and can someone list a combo i can perform or something, hes hard to play with:S

Best answers
Babyboy said:
Im trying to play with goku now, this may sound noobish but how do u go ssj and can someone list a combo i can perform or something, hes hard to play with:S

-- You should do as MF said, and check out those links. However, if your too lazy-- then, i'll just tell you off the top of my head, but don't quote me on it.

Turning Super Saiya-Jin

Half circle back, motion straight forward (-->), any attack button.

A DP Whored Stylish Combo

-- This was the only custom combo i could perform with Goku, he's very hard to play with in my opinion. It's Square, square, half circle back triangle, triangle, half circle forward, half circle forward, any attack button (ChouKame Finish). If you pull this off without a hitch, expect an opponent with a twitching eye-- good luck though.

I prefer Android 18 and Trunks so far over everyone else myself, but i haven't won anyone else just yet.

Also, here's the latest review for this game.

Gamepro.com gives Super Dragon Ball Z 4.50 out of 5.00.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=712115

Question! How is the fluidity of the combo system? Do you have the flexibility to press a variety of buttons and still execute an efficient and/or eye catching combo?
-- Yes!, as for the combo system being fluid, it's not the most fluid out there, but it's fluid enough, if that makes any sense of course lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta admit, this game looks kinda fun. Other than it being DBZ, that is...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
-- Agreed, it does have Evo potential.
What is 'Evo potential'?

Glad to see this game doesn't suck, though i'm usually interested in a game's shortcomings than it's strengths. Comes with the heritage.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got the game, early birthday present.. My god is it awesome

Surpasses every other dbz game ive played (on a console) The only real disadvantage is the way things arent the same scale as dbz, but it more than makes up for that in gameplay. Charactercards are so customisable, its a completely different level compared to budokai games. The characters are all very different from each other but are incredibly balanced at the same time. There's so much you can do in this game, looks like a lot of replay value. A lot.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't think it's came out for USA yet.. Oh well.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I just got the game, early birthday present.. My god is it awesome

Surpasses every other dbz game ive played (on a console) The only real disadvantage is the way things arent the same scale as dbz, but it more than makes up for that in gameplay. Charactercards are so customisable, its a completely different level compared to budokai games. The characters are all very different from each other but are incredibly balanced at the same time. There's so much you can do in this game, looks like a lot of replay value. A lot.
-- ^_^ Cool, im glad your enjoying it as much as i am. It really is a great game overall, even if you dont prefer it over any of the others. But as you said, it really does surpass every other Dragonball Z game ive ever played as well so far, in my opinion.

I don't think it's came out for USA yet.. Oh well.
-- It's been out in the USA for one or two days now actually sweety.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still not completely convinced.

I think I'll wait till it drops a bit. D:

Best answers
-- ^_^ It's probably best if you did wait Myu-chan, or just give it a rental. I always though the game shouldve been $20 to begin with though, but $40 was well worth it. Anyway's, maybe these fan reviews might help you out abit more. Some of these people were unsure as well, but got their hands on it, and their entire perspectives changed almost completely.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/932665.html

If you rather read a more well balance review, that looks at both postive and negative sides in detail, then check out the IGN review of the game-- though i dont feel that alot of things they said were completely accurate.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/719/719641p1.html

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I'm still not completely convinced.

I think I'll wait till it drops a bit. D:
I got the game too Shiyo =X. Personally, it kicks ass, but my hands hurt now =(

It's got street fighter styled executions, quick-paced fighting (until the computer-freiza/vegeta/cell start beam spamming) and customizable. You can learn new moves, enhance stats, change the color of the character, unlock cintematic specials (not for all characters), and even learn moves from other characters.

Best feature I like are the homming dashes. Do a combo, slam them on the ground so they bounce, send them flying in the air, chase afte them, and either do a combo, kick them away or do a special =D

And...Goku's Spirit bomb...If it was only the right color, it'd be my favorite move. But to those that have the game, how does Kaioken help?

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I got the game too Shiyo =X. Personally, it kicks ass, but my hands hurt now =(

It's got street fighter styled executions, quick-paced fighting (until the computer-freiza/vegeta/cell start beam spamming) and customizable. You can learn new moves, enhance stats, change the color of the character, unlock cintematic specials (not for all characters), and even learn moves from other characters.

Best feature I like are the homming dashes. Do a combo, slam them on the ground so they bounce, send them flying in the air, chase afte them, and either do a combo, kick them away or do a special =D

And...Goku's Spirit bomb...If it was only the right color, it'd be my favorite move. But to those that have the game, how does Kaioken help?
-- You mean you don't know -- you quickly double tap X as the Kaioken Aura surrounds you and you become unstoppable!!!!!!!.......ok..well..actually the Kaioken Aura burns around you briefly and basically just sacrafices health for more ki(special) gauge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..Myu-chan? o__O;

Err. Well, I could always buy it, and if I don't like it, trade it in for store credit. There's really only one place I buy my games at anyway. x3

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
-- It's been out in the USA for one or two days now actually sweety.
Sweety...? Well.. I absolutely didn't see ANY commercials for it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still havent got spirit bomb yet :( I kinda like the yellow though looks sexy

Vs mode really shines too btw D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom