Super dbz D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
As deep as the fighting mechanics may be, IMO the characters look kind of stupid and rigid, the way they move around. It's a majore turn-off for me. =/ The animations don't appear very lifelike to me. Budokai's are better, IMO.
what's IMO?

the game seems to be cool after all, the gameplay is more "to the point"

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a valid comparison, goku's much better modeled (infact I think all the models except piccolo, frieza and cell are better), textured and the colours are much more to my liking (more like the manga) the cell shading isnt as... i dunno contrasting in an unnecessary way.. i dunno how to explain it, but most cell shading really overdoes the details, unlike a real cell (drawn and painted) this one looks so much closer to that. Plus I think the eviroments in this definately blow away both tenkaichi games, it looks spot on in comparison to the manga, in budokai/tenkaichi games they've always tryed to make the enviroments a little more realistic and it just doesnt fit with the rest of the cell shading style.

You guys should really read that review I posted last time, it explains so much. That blue bar at the bottom is your evasion metre. Plus, the special moves arent done by just combo's, they're a performed just like streetfighter moves http://spdbz.jp/special/capture_tranks.html looking through some of of the pages ive read there seems to be more than one way of pulling off a move. http://spdbz.jp/system/waza.html.

Best answers
From the looks of the commands we might as well call it Super Street Fighter Z, why not just toss Ryu in there as well, he can throw energy attacks =P.

Commands are just like the Street fighter series, easy to learn, hard to master but alot of people will pick up on it quick i suppose, i don't really think they will ever make a down to the core spot on dbz fighter, but super dbz is at least trying, tenkiachi is just trying to make a DBZ experience, with fighting capabilities.

Best answers
i agree with david on the graphics to an extent, i really like the models and hwo everything looks, but i think the budokai series animated better. I also think the beam attacks don't look as good in super dbz, BUT that might very well be because of crappy video quality.

edit:

it looks like gohan and cell do the same thign for their finisher? i hope thats not the only one. i also wonder if its a powerful move, or a fatality like thing.

Best answers
tolore said:
i agree with david on the graphics to an extent, i really like the models and hwo everything looks, but i think the budokai series animated better. I also think the beam attacks don't look as good in super dbz, BUT that might very well be because of crappy video quality.

edit:

it looks like gohan and cell do the same thign for their finisher? i hope thats not the only one. i also wonder if its a powerful move, or a fatality like thing.
yea me too but its probaly like a fatality thing

Best answers
Well that's interesting-- 8 words vs 3 paragraphs, regarding the only version released, which is the PREVIEW version just to make note. So let's see who sounds more convincing shall we ?

2 hours ago-- firstly all i gotta say is this game is amazing, in 60hz the game is really fast paced and smooth, once you get the hang of the contorls the game becomes much better. New things i found out transformations only last a certain amount of time in battle can be inciated anytime in battle, the button comination to transform is [forward,back,down,forward]. A lot like street fighter which i like very much.

I just finshed story mode with goku and there are no cut scencs between story mode until the last battle with cell which starts of with him blowing up tanks around the cell games arena then goku comes. After you beat hime he says some stuff in jap (no subtitles came in my game so i had no idea what he was saying) anyways goku starts to fly away and cell blows up.

This game is really just an arcade fighter if your looking for a more indepth story then dbz: bt2 will be good for you. Still this seems to me like the best controlled dbz fighting game not just your usual button bashing. each charachter has a set combo such as square,square,triangle which can be contined with other cominations such as down-forward triangle for kamehameha or if you have more energy down-forward,down-forward square for 'chou-kamehameha'.
-- or

Just played this game =/. It's not that great.

Well, i know what sounds more plausible to me, but i guess that's obvious, no offense intended.

Best answers
Here's a new trailer-- it's pretty long too. I thought it was awesome, Goku actually has that outfit he had on during his return from Namek( Yardrat outfit)-- i think every outfit ive been hoping for has pretty much made it in this game-- Bojack Gohan's outfit, Vegeta's Saiyan Saga Armor and ect. The Piccolo combo is also pretty impressive-- he goes Super Namek right in the middle of it and continues his onslaught. And it still seems like the finishers won't disappoint anyone either.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90OdCHuT5WY&search=super dragon ball z

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imo... that was pretty damn impressive.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, some of it was impressive, but a couple things disappointed me:

Why did Mecha Frieza have a cannon on his back, like some VERY cheap video game character instead of the power hungry no-mercy reptile we all know?

And what REALLY got me...Why, oh why...was Goku's Super Spirit Bomb yellow? How do you f*** that up???

Otherwise, it looks a bit better than I first percieved. Good to see stuff outside the world tournament ring. Nice character variety. I mean ChiChi? That's some depth, AND guts. Wonder why she was wearing her beginning-of-DB outfit...?

I liked seeing the beams fly visibly into space like in the show, and the large blast from miles away enveloping the horizon. Nice destructibles, but still the fights seemed a little cramped. The fighters always seem to be right in each other's faces.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Akira is a genious, insult one of his designs, you insult me. >;[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Akira is a genious, insult one of his designs, you insult me. >;[
I'm still struggling to understand the functionality of Frieza's new Rocket Launcher. Wouldn't that just slow him down in battle? Akira is a genious, but wow, the new conversion to Street Fighter style has really messed things up in my opinion.

EDIT: Aye, J-Dude. I just finished watching a video posted by Soul Punisher from a page back or so. Purple Final Flash? You're right, they do need to get their colors right. That's funny, character clothing 'color' swaps. That's so brilliant.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just like the inovation, if you hadnt noticed, db isnt made to be sensible. Its inconsistant at times and has highly implausable content.

I think this game emulates that perfectly =0

Best answers
This young lady's dream has just come true. There's a new Super DBZ interview-- guess what it confirms.....

Speaking of future DBZ titles, when we asked Uchiyama about what was coming after Super DBZ and Tenkaichi 2, he basically confirmed that both games would be seeing sequels on next generation hardware.
http://ps2.gamedaily.com/game/features/?gameid=5170&id=1038

Also, here's some new screenshots as well as a new video that shows off some of the english voice work. It sounds pretty good to me so far.

http://ps2.gamedaily.com/game/gallery/?gameid=5171 - New Screens
http://ps2.gamedaily.com/game/videos/?gameid=5171 - New Video

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This young lady's dream has just come true. There's a new Super DBZ interview-- guess what it confirms.....
It's about time.

Uchiyama's comments was that the development team has been looking at the new hardware and there's a very good chance the next set of DBZ titles will hit next gen consoles and feature online play.

For Super DBZ, Noritaka Funamizu (the former Street Fighter II producer at Capcom) and his development studio Crafts & Meister were brought in to add a significant amount of depth to the fighting game engine. Spike and Dimps have handled all previous DBZ fighting games for the PS2, so it was an interesting move to go with Crafts & Meister for Super DBZ. Since Namco and Bandai have now merged and Namco is well known for its fighting game series such as Tekken and Soul Calibur, we asked Uchiyama if it was possible for one of Namco's development teams to work on a future DBZ title. Uchiyama laughed and said that ideally that would be the scenario, but by the time the merger was finalized a new Tekken (Tekken 6) and Soul Calibur (Soul Calibur IV confirmed!) were already in the works, so it was not possible.
Thank you! But I'm not sure about Namco. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenkaichi 3 on PS3?

DBZ is a money-pit for Atari, I unashamedly admit that if a game has 'Dragon Ball' in the title then i'll buy it on general principle (Sagas, anyone?). Still, this young lady's dream just came true too <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom