Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
Nah, the face isn't accurate at all. But that's because Enix modeled animatable eyes, and the nose is kinda "BIG"

Best answers
Sadner said:
Nah, the face isn't accurate at all. But that's because Enix modeled animatable eyes, and the nose is kinda "BIG"
Randy,remember that the pupil size will not be as big as on the wireframe.look at the smoothshaded picture,i think it looks like him
but i agree with you about the nose being to big.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
maybe if he'd post a front render i could tell better but ur prolly right...
neways im allowed to have my own opinion and i say it doesnt look like kakashi at all, body and hair is good though

Best answers
The pupil is the hole in the middle of the iris, i don't exactly know what you mean by "the pupil size will not be as big as on the wireframe" the eyeball is too clearly an "eyeball" Movento.
Enix, if you make an upper eyelid you should also make a lower one to cover the eyeball, especially with Kakashi who has fairly lazy eyes. No human's eyeballs can be seen that clearly unless he has some weird eyeball popping syndrome =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
errr...yea, here ya go:

Saying "the face isn't accurate at all" is kinda wrong, I modeled it directly from a character sheet, so its fairly accurate. It will look more firmiliar once I get a skin on him.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like i said before, it does look teh secks D:, its the best kakashi i've seen so far but I have to say i do agree with sadner, i dont mean its all wrong, just there are some issues with the eyes and the nose, amongst other things . The problem is, with the animated eyes it's gonna be hard to get any anime character to look correct, im suprrised you pulled it off with naruto tbh, though it was at the price of teh eye lashes D:

Okay, first off, i think if you've been using a character sheet made for, or from the anime, okay maybe it looks good and is usable, but the thing with anything not drawn by the original artist is it will lack consistancy with other images, all images will mimic the original. This is why i always prefer using manga as a reference, there is only one artist, who gets a lot more time to put more effort/quality into his work who coincidently is the creator of the character which in my eyes means his drawings will always be the most acurate/consistant.... anyways >_<

I gots a drawover for ya:

My crits would be that his eyes need to be smaller verically and longer horizontally, hopefully if done correctly, this'll make the nose look less big, though i must say, his nose is rather too wide. The brow is also a little too smooth for kakashi, except for when kakashi is relaxed or being flipant. The biggest crit of all is the size of the jaw, this is why i refered to what reference's you use earlier, something ive noticed about the anime is that the face sometimes become rather elongated vertically, however in the manga the faces in naruto are much more round, this is also the only crit i have about your naruto as well, that his head isnt as round as it should be, in my personal opinion. Anyway, as i was saying, i think the jaw should be moved up, I dont know what it looks like from the side, but i tried to illustrate the fact that there should be clearly visible the formation of lips under his mask too, it more to do with the profile/side view though, because the contours can be skinned for other angles. Oh and, as for the forehead protector, when drawing kakashi (like most of the naruto characters actually), you must always line up the edges of the metal on the forehead protector with the end of their sideburns D: no biggie though, it might not be possible in 3d without getting some funky skull shape, however i do think the band should get thinner at the back than currently, when you tie something in a knot it has to converge together at a point, though atm you might be making it so he can scrotate it for his sharingan and such D:

Meh, i usually dont crit your models so much Enix, but i felt like you needed to know exactly what i was thinking on this one, good luck with the rest, i know you'll make him secksy D:

Btw, if you're gonna edit the jawline like i have in the drawover, you'll have to rescale the head a little to make it fit in proportion again.

Best answers
<3 David

I forgot to ask, are you also doing the version where the headband covers 1 eye?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@david: <3<3<3

That really helps, drawover looks ace, I will fix asap. But about the headprotector, from what I see in some pics his head protector is lined up with the middle of his eyes, and in other pics more to the back like your drawover...its really retarded :p.

@sadner [RANDY!!!!] Yup, the headband isn't attached so that wont be a problem, I might even do anbu kakashi.

Here is a very early skin wip, mainly choosing colors atm:

Ok I gotta start a thread, I feel like I am highjacking :S.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

2,7k tris ,good count in my opinion, need to add jacket and a keyblades.
by the way i will create a tutorial.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dirteh ,dirteh gody, but looks dramaticly, good one.

Best answers
well i scrapped my comp entry due to the negaitivity, me and reck felt like doing a colabaration and who better to do than kimimaro :smile:

note : NOT SKINNED i just felt like doing a quick somming to make the cellshade render look better and for those who hate cellshade sorry i felt like doing one as I never have before, was fun playing with the settings ^^.soon as the uvws are ready i'll be skinning a cellshade and semi releastic version :yes:

Best answers
TeKNiK said:
just like your typical work, No color variation at all.
Is that suppoused to be an insult? Your telling me about color variation?
Learn the word first please, and have a look at your contest entry, that green gnome or whatever it was. Now that's not bad color variation, that's a outcrying struggle in an utterly **** attempt.

Unless you have anything more valuable to criticize, avoid posting stuff like this.
If you could do anywhere better , please go ahead, if you can't criticize correctly, don't either try to lid flames, kid.

Now go cry it up stubborn mummaboi.

Best answers
Guys, relax.
Eventhough it sounded kinda harsh, teknik just meant to say it needs more color.
No need to attack him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
Is that suppoused to be an insult? Your telling me about color variation?
Learn the word first please, and have a look at your contest entry, that green gnome or whatever it was. Now that's not bad color variation, that's a outcrying struggle in an utterly **** attempt.

Unless you have anything more valuable to criticize, avoid posting stuff like this.
If you could do anywhere better , please go ahead, if you can't criticize correctly, don't either try to lid flames, kid.

Now go cry it up stubborn mummaboi.
Clearly, you need to take a chill pill, And maybe adjust the Hue of your monitor. I wasn't insulting you, idiot. If you can't take criticism better than that then go post your **** on a forum where people worship idiots like you. I Said nothing insultive, you just can't take it when people don't worship the ground you walk on. Get over yourself moron.

You can call my texture work what you want, but the fact is. I texture models commercially meaning I get paid to do it. ON a contract to contract basis, and you don't do you?

Best answers
good to see how low the modelling section on the forums have got, good work btw ppl keep it up i wanna see more

well here is the progress of my model so far:

meh its getting there

Best answers
Okay lol, this is getting out of hand. Mods, please don't close this thread, delete the posts instead >_>

Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Clearly, you need to take a chill pill, And maybe adjust the Hue of your monitor. I wasn't insulting you, idiot. If you can't take criticism better than that then go post your **** on a forum where people worship idiots like you. I Said nothing insultive, you just can't take it when people don't worship the ground you walk on. Get over yourself moron.

You can call my texture work what you want, but the fact is. I texture models commercially meaning I get paid to do it. ON a contract to contract basis, and you don't do you?

You clearly did you imba kid.

LEARN what you spell, and learn the ground meanings of it.
By criticising work, you give people pointers and show them ways to improve, you don't appoint to their "typical" way of skinning that you find _WRONG_.

Oh and yes, you did point an insult YOU moron.

just like your typical work, No color variation at all.
Now to rephrase that : "Whenever you do anything, your color variation sucks, thus you shouldn't even bother".

Instead, you could have written: "Your color variation is off, try adding **colors** in these areas" perhaps even a drawover.

Oh and I do pity those who pay you really, not that I believe anyone would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom