Server not reachable

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Progress! I see through your disturbingly small image that you have a Class C address of 192.168.2.1, that either implies that you have a SECOND router or a person who set your router up for maximum security. On the other hand, Belkin could have put it in there by default, please confirm that you have no further routing. Does your cable/DSL modem also contain a router?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol idk man..... explain more? idk

---------- Double Post below was added at 01:45 AM has been merged with this post created 01:45 AM ----------

I just disabled my firewall i guess? lol

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, thread is glitching out on me. Make sure you have set a STATIC IP address on your PC, as it will need to always be at the home address you are sending ESF's game mail to. That is a critical step, if you skip it, you're doing it wrong. The link to that particular fix is here.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can barely read that screenshot, but from what I can see, you're inputting the routers IP address in the field instead of your computers.

For you to know, when you have a router and create a home network. Every device has it's own IP address. Your router usually takes the first number (in your case 192.168.2.1) every other device will be assigned (by default) a dynamic IP based on the order they're attached. So if your computer was attached next it will be 192.168.2.2 and the next device 192.168.2.3 and so on and so forth. Each of your friends on the LAN will be given an address too.

Now, what you are TRYING to do, is grant access to YOUR computer through the router. Which means you need to know which IP address points to YOUR computer. Which will most absolutely be different to the routers IP address which you are currently using. So once again, go to start -> run and type cmd, this will open a black command prompt window, type ipconfig and find your IP address. There will be a bunch of numbers read out, make sure you take the IP address and not the subnet mask or DNS or whatever crap it spits out to you. It might also be labelled IPv4, I can't remember. Anyway, whatever the last digit(s) is on the command prompt points to your PC. it'll be 192.168.2.X, place the X in the boxes.

Also, in each of the drop downs, I think you'll need to set it as TCP/UDP, not just UDP.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No! Don't disable firewalls! Always practice safe internet, that's how Avenger caught consumption of the mouth.

Imagine it this way. The game is played by mail. Everyone sends packages to your development, in which is your house. Typically, your house is set up like a mobile home, so the mail man is having problems finding your mailbox because its always moving. You need to plant a permanent foundation by making a STATIC IP ADDRESS. Once you have one of these, you have to tell the rest of the universe that you live in the trailer with the foundation so the mail man can deliver the goods. Do the static IP lesson for your Operating System (windows xp, 7, OSX, whatevs), then redo the tut for the port forward using your static IP in the boxes that say 192.168.2.____

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can barely read that screenshot, but from what I can see, you're inputting the routers IP address in the field instead of your computers.

For you to know, when you have a router and create a home network. Every device has it's own IP address. Your router usually takes the first number (in your case 192.168.2.1) every other device will be assigned (by default) a dynamic IP based on the order they're attached. So if your computer was attached next it will be 192.168.2.2 and the next device 192.168.2.3 and so on and so forth. Each of your friends on the LAN will be given an address too.

Now, what you are TRYING to do, is grant access to YOUR computer through the router. Which means you need to know which IP address points to YOUR computer. Which will most absolutely be different to the routers IP address which you are currently using. So once again, go to start -> run and type cmd, this will open a black command prompt window, type ipconfig and find your IP address. There will be a bunch of numbers read out, make sure you take the IP address and not the subnet mask or DNS or whatever crap it spits out to you. It might also be labelled IPv4, I can't remember. Anyway, whatever the last digit(s) is on the command prompt points to your PC. it'll be 192.168.2.X, place the X in the boxes.

Also, in each of the drop downs, I think you'll need to set it as TCP/UDP, not just UDP.
Some of the Steam ports are UDP only, if I remember correctly.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm at work, someone has to feed my kids and my wife. That said, I hope you work it out, because I need to finish my workload. I'll check on this thread later to see if it worked out.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm seeing some funky numbers in there. Your default gateway isn't the router. Are you at a school or place of work?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nope i am at home....

---------- Double Post below was added at 02:41 AM has been merged with this post created 02:35 AM ----------

omfg lol i think i did it???

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
nope i am at home....

---------- Double Post below was added at 02:41 AM has been merged with this post created 02:35 AM ----------

omfg lol i think i did it???
see now if you were nice I could've done all this for you a long time ago.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ugh.... it still didnt work and i did the port forwardiing thing idk... and stfu guy i've been nice your just a f u c k i n g lop lol.... i dont need your help eon someone with a brain will... **** im just lost on this ....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
f u c k i ng die DIE EON really die!!! choke on something and die please!. P.S die lol and i hope you fu cking die lol

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
f u c k i ng die DIE EON really die!!! choke on something and die please!. P.S die lol and i hope you fu cking die lol
You don't have a lot of friends do you?! You come to the forums, asking for help: the forums in which people like Eon, Avenger and Praetor have been active for far longer then you can even attempt to imagine, and then you diss them outright even when all they are trying to do is help you. You ignore all their attempts to make you follow forum conduct, curse them for trying to do so and then when they just tell you to be nicer, you curse them some more. That is not a healthy attitude to have. Taking ordinary internet jests seriously is an easy way to ruin yourself on a forum.

You'll probably follow my post with another series of curses, to which i will not reply. So all i can say before i part is, it won't kill you to be nice to people. But Praetor will if you aren't.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol guy i think you should read all the posts ^ because people are not trying to help for the most part they are just making jokes and what not... i am being as nice as i know how, why im suffering trying to learn this stuff and get real help im getting posts about nothing helpful. or things i just dont understand... things i dont understand are one thing like all the crap i didnt know how to do like verifying that i own a 10 dollar game lol..... that was just some bs.... so ecuse me if im human and get ticked off haha...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol guy i think you should read all the posts ^ because people are not trying to help for the most part they are just making jokes and what not... i am being as nice as i know how, why im suffering trying to learn this stuff and get real help im getting posts about nothing helpful. or things i just dont understand... things i dont understand are one thing like all the crap i didnt know how to do like verifying that i own a 10 dollar game lol..... that was just some bs.... so ecuse me if im human and get ticked off haha...
For the people making jokes, all you have to do is ignore them. Solving your problem is hard without getting sufficient data, so if it is difficult, there is no other alternative, you will just have to keep at it. About Verifying, it is to prevent users with non-steam copies from filling up the forums for "help". Since the game will not run on non-steam copies, it cuts down the time it will take the Devs respond to the users with real problems. Getting ticked off is a choice, like with all your actions. You choose to let people annoy you enough to make you made.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
and thanks for the help people!.... guess there is no fixing stupid tho haha i cant understand this stuff so unless one of you live in cali and wanna come help im ****ed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom