Randomly homing attacks, huh?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I was kicking it in a random room called ESF Beta 1.1 or something in a few minutes ago and I noticed a rather strange completely random encounter... one of my kame torpedos took off at a 90 degree angle from which I fired it off and homed in on a near by enemy who was in the middle of a swoop. That's right, it locked on, it curved around, and it followed him until it landed. At first I thought this was a feature... but then I realized I had no control over it. It was funny at first, then it started randomly happening against me. Believe me guys, as fast as the kame torpedos go, there is no way to see a homing one coming in time to get out of the way, let alone two (which happened to me). It was the last straw, however, when my KAMEHAMEHA turned in mid-flight and homed in on an enemy I wasn't aiming at. Now how the hell do you explain that one? I can't.

Best answers
If they get shot by another beam, they tend to go upwards while psing it, or maybe it was an animation glitch when someone flew into it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never saw that KTs are homing ... they everytimes worked fine for me as they should

Best answers
The kametorpedoes are supposed to home a bit.
*reads code*
It seems i forgot to initialize their viewing field, so their fov will have a random value, it might be real small, but also really big. Fixing it right now.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
::feels important::

But why the hell did my kame home in? I mean we weren't in a PS or anything, he was in the process of firing a beam at somebody else at the time. Could my beam have *seen* his beam and just gone at him expecting a power struggle? Sounds kinda crazy.

And the kame torpedos are supposed to home!? That's damned madness! One of those fully charged will kill someone after you transform! I hope it was supposed to be a fairly small viewing field. It *is* fun to watch when it homes from half way across the map though, and is impossible to dodge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PSing Kame Torps is funny, they go all over and in wierd directions, great fun ^_^

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
::feels important::

But why the hell did my kame home in? I mean we weren't in a PS or anything, he was in the process of firing a beam at somebody else at the time. Could my beam have *seen* his beam and just gone at him expecting a power struggle? Sounds kinda crazy.

And the kame torpedos are supposed to home!? That's damned madness! One of those fully charged will kill someone after you transform! I hope it was supposed to be a fairly small viewing field. It *is* fun to watch when it homes from half way across the map though, and is impossible to dodge.
It only homes on players, not on other attacks. The original kame torpedo only flew up (so no aiming it with the crosshair). That's why it needed homing, and it never changed. We might remove homing and/or reduce damage on it in a later release

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no no, not the kame torpedo, I mean the kamehameha. I fired a kamehameha that aimed itself after it got next to someone who was firing a blast at someone else. It stopped going where I was aiming and made a 90 degree turn into someone else.

But yes, I do think that the homing should be tweaked to minimal with the new kame torpedos.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
No no no, not the kame torpedo, I mean the kamehameha. I fired a kamehameha that aimed itself after it got next to someone who was firing a blast at someone else. It stopped going where I was aiming and made a 90 degree turn into someone else.

But yes, I do think that the homing should be tweaked to minimal with the new kame torpedos.
Sonic, did the guy you fire at happen to be making a Torpedo? It is possible that you got in a PS with that, because when you do get in a PS with a torpedo they fly in crazy dirrections while the torpedo keeps getting farther and farther away...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. He was Vegeta, and he had just fired a gallit gun towards somebody who was farther away from me than himself. In other words the blast was going away from me, not towards. My kame didn't enter a struggle, it simply turned 80-90 degrees by itself and hit him him right in the gut.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am going to go ahead and bump this, even realizing that it is against the rules, because I want it addressed. I have also noticed this to happen, now, with the mouth beam and generic beams. There is a seperate issue altogether where occasionally a generic beam or any other beam fired at a ki blob will actually bend and go around the ki blob instead of through it, and these could be related. I've noticed the mouth beam homing onto *something* through walls now, which is starting to make me angry. If I fire at a character and my beam makes itself hit the wall I have issues.

Best answers
The guided attacks (kame, generic beam, mouthblast, etc) shouldn't home on anything. Until you figure out what they home at or when they home, the best i can do is put the testers on it. I did notice the guided attacks being deflected in odd directions (not the 45 degrees to the left/right they're supposed to). That might be related too. I tried to fix that bug with Nretep for a night, without succes.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The regular ki blasts seem to do it at random times too, bouncing off of walls and the ground to hit opponents. All that I can figure out so far is that the attacks are attracted to other players. They never seem to home in on the ground or the walls. They've even gone so far as to curve around ki blobs -- that's right, they touch the blob, then make a half circle around it on top of it without detonating it -- and hit the people you are aiming at. Perhaps the code is randomly thinking that I'm targetting another player?

Best answers
I had this problem with Freeza disc, I've fired it at someone. When I saw my target flying away, I decided to move the Freeza disc somewhere else. Suddenly, the Freeza disc flew down in mid flight at the guy who teleported behind a rock and hit him.

That was really bizzare, the guy called me a cheater immediately

Best answers
If this had happened on one server alone I would have said someone had made a modification which makes stuff home in on players, but since GoldSaiyan above said that the same happened to him, I don't think that is the case...unless it WAS the same server.

EDIT: say, do you two use unusal buttons for primary and secondary attacks(like not the mouse buttons)?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use the regular buttons. This seems to be almost like an issue with the kame torpedo code leaking over into the other attacks, not that that makes any sense. Kame Torpedos randomly home and home in about as often as any of the other attacks from what I've seen. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Best answers
I was Gohan and i fired a kahmeahmeha at Trunks and the beam went around tronks, just curved around him in a semicircle to hit goku.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the heck is that? It's like the beams have some kind of artificial intelligence programmed into them which tells them how to get around obstacles to hit guys.

Best answers
EVERYONE LISTEN IF YOU HAVE AUTO AIM ON IN YOUR OPTIONS FOR THE HELL OF IT THAT IS WHY ALL OF THIS IS HAPPENING ITS A RANDOM THING THAT OCCURS IF YOU HAVE AUTO AIM ON!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that true harSens? That didn't happen in 1.0 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom