Power Struggle FX

Best answers
aye, looks like someones slapped the filter on goku's clothes, doesnt look right. The original texture for goku in 1.3 looked much better, not sure why its been edited like it is now :S

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i know is that it was made a bit darker. No idea about any filters :s

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
probably jkust a video encode issue or something.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks for the compliments you guys, i try really hard to think of any details i can. i watch clips on youtube over and over till i see something i might have missed. It will only get better people *wink*

Best answers
take a look closely at the folds in the clothes, on the POTW, look at the legs/back/shoes. Its there :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but i dont see a plastic wraper shininess in the POTW o_O

Just normal bright/dark areas that make the folds

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do. I also see it in mdl viewer.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't anyone notice the fight at the end of the video? Seriously? I'm thinking it's a new system they implemented.
What fight? :)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Also.. can someone explain why goku looks like he is covered in the Plastic Wrap filter from photoshop? :S
You'll find out about that sometime soon. What I can tell you that Goku was reskinned, as you can see in the POTW. :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. That SSJ3 Goku hitting Vegeta looks cool.

Oh and Goku's clothes (pointing at the pants) looks like from LSD forces. ^^

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew people wouldnt like goku on Latex,

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And after 20 pumps the trails would be bigger than the players?
I suggested it before. But what I said is not replacing it, rather then adding it.

Suggestion of mine, revised
The trial will be continuous and will all the time empower your beam as long as you use it, and the ki will drop too as long as you use it.

Pumping ki balls can be like a 1 time boost, 1 time ki cost, not continuous.
It will change PS gameplay.

I am suggesting this interface for the system:

Pumping ki balls-the same.

Beam wave/trail - You got your charge style like the pumped ki balls charge style. You got 3-5 different beam sizes, and the wave size you will see depends on how much power you will put in the beam wave.
Giving it more power = More ki cost to start and more ki cost to maintain than a weaker one.

You can all the time stop using it, and it will stop draining your ki.

You get my drift.

I am also suggesting to decrease the ki cost rate while PSing, it helps finishing the PS too early.(because of ki drain)

Edit: Just watched the fight in the end.
I think I sort of get where they got the melee system from. It is like where they are fighting in super speeds close to each other.
Like 1000 punches/kicks per second at each other, you know it.

I think you can see some of this in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2mQo-Cg8Q"]this video[/ame]

Last edited:
I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
i like this new power strugle fx...
this mod is getting more and more to the real dbz action

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Human?
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i agree, Goku loos like he has sunshine reflecting clothes.

Also i like the power struggling, still it needs some perfection. Like, when beams hit each they form a energy sphere in the middle, it should start smal and grow, of course it needs a max size so it wont look horrible. The max time of a power struggle should be about 20 seconds before the the energy sphere reaches max sizes, and blows up dealing damage to both beamers.

Last i would like to say that you should make the models more edgy, look at the series, like the hair, it isnt as smooth as it is in the movie.

Other than that everything looks fine! And what is the name of that song, i hear its Linkin Park, but im not sure wich song.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i agree, Goku loos like he has sunshine reflecting clothes.

Also i like the power struggling, still it needs some perfection. Like, when beams hit each they form a energy sphere in the middle, it should start smal and grow, of course it needs a max size so it wont look horrible. The max time of a power struggle should be about 20 seconds before the the energy sphere reaches max sizes, and blows up dealing damage to both beamers.
I personally dont agree with the 20 secs timer. But growing spheres could make it look good, as long as they didnt grow much as you said. Or they could start small and the max size would be the one on the video. But I also dont see it as a priority.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the starting sphere could depend on PSers' PLs and it would increase as the PSers are pumping more energy into the sphere. Also, if the sphere has grown too much, the PSers could be knocked back a bit. Well, I'm not sure how it's made in anime, someone should look at it and take an example (though you might already be doing something like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom