Official melee suggestion thread

Best answers
SuperSaiyan said:
Yeh i like KuBaN's idea but i think that going with his idea how they fight it should be totally equal
Hahaha, I made that post like a year ago, back when I actually played. That's crazy, and someone likes it ^.^

K my three seconds of fame are gone.

Best answers
ok here my idea...
a new melee atk, gokus 'dragonfist' as u ppl call it.
ummm this is wat it shud do... or u can edit it or wat ever :S
in the shows and movies goku just uses his dragonfist and the person taht he used it on just dies.
i dont really think that it shud b a 1 hit atk... since that wont b fair... so i dont really no wat it shud do...
its just a suggestion, but itll look good :O
like i mean by having a glowing dragon around goku while flying towards the enemy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like they are using Kubans melee idea. Congrats :D:D

Best answers
Umm... yay... im still not so sure if there if there is going to be a combo system or how it works... but it better not be no "a,s,w,d,blah,blah,blah" crap because i can just smell script combos =/

Best answers
i have an idea. when one person is charging at someone about to use melee, and the guy blocks they'll have a power struggle, not like with holding eachothers hands and pushing but have like a fight like you see on dbz when they punch and kick eachother really quick and like you see energy blowing up when you hit and kick eachother. when two people are charging at eachother though thats when they should have a struggle with holding eachothers hands and pushing. and the teleport should be like if you hold it down you're in teleport mode, but you choose the location you wanna teleport to then you'll end up there, but it'll use up more ki the further you go. and just press the teleport (not holding it) if you want to do a short burst like usual.

Best answers
Theres a lot of talk about melee system as to how it should be, what could be done and what have you.
Unless Ive missed something and 1.2 melee system is already underway or figured then I have an idea for melee 1.2 or maybe future versions.

I think this would make melee easier(noob friendly), balanced, fun and even different. Hear me out and please instead of flaming just tell me why it wouldnt be a bad idea. K, thanks.

Ok, so right now its basically swoop, and smack or swoop, stop, teleport, teleport, swoop, smack, teleport smack etc etc.
-The only pro i see in the current melee system is that in a way it looks just like the fight scenes in the show.
-cons... everything else from relying on your own reflexes + mouse to win melee combat to current melee being too bland.
__________________________________________________ ___________

My idea is...
To make it so that mouse1(attack1) = swoop but this is a 2 point move.
Besides 'just' swooping you can continue to swoop right into your enemy that will cost him to knock back and take minimal dmg. The animations for the swooping/knocking an opponent back will differ. Lets say you can swoop into your enemy and knock him back with a dash elbow, head butt, punch or kick depending on how you swoop and where your aiming at and how much life your opponent have.

Make mouse2 to be an attack2. Holding mouse2 will make your character throw lots of random punch and kicks(ever played DragonballZ Legends?). THis attack will do minimal dmg but since you can hold mouse2(attack2) and it throws lots of hits then the dmg can add up. This will also drain your ki pool bar 1 line per attack. This can be used with swooping and holding/pressing mouse2 right before you swoop into the enemy so instead of knocking him back you go into a phase of throwing punches and kicks in a rapid motion.

Add mouse3(attack3). This 1 will be a chargeable attack consisting of 5 bars. Note: while you hold mouse3, you can still use mouse1 and 2 and do basic melee stuff while you charge up mouse3 for special melee attacks. When i mean special melee attacks i mean special attacks
For example, Cell's
1st bar = Tail attack(smack some1 with cell's tail),
2nd bar = Cell's tail attack which will cause enemy to be stunned and then followed by an energy absorb,
3rd bar = Cell's tail attack> energy absorb via tail> then another tail attack to knock the enemy backwards or down to the ground.
4th bar = tail attack stab combo, cell uses his tail to stab enemy 3 times and follow thru with a 4th stab and this time absorb energy(ki) off of the opponent.
5th bar = "Meteo" combo attack(tons of examples can be used, use imagination. example: from a 2 punch combo followed with kick that will send enemy flying into the air and will automatically teleport you on top of your enemy in mid air and then followed thru an elbow that will send your enemy crashing down in the ground.

You have to swoop 1st before applying any charged melee attacks, if not then you will perform these moves in 1 spot and unless an enemy is stupid enough to walk up into it then your just a sitting target. These chargeable attacks will use 20% of your ki pool per use and will take a bit of a time to charge and will do great dmg.

So basically the current melee will still be on but will be 90% weaker and will only cause an enemy to be knocked back. Also while your locked on to your enemy(red square box), and when you swoop the red box will have some sort of warning to show you, the player whether when its time to either "Throw punch/kicks" or use a chargeable attack before the knockback swoop kicks in.

If both enemy swoops each other at the same time then it will cause both players to be knocked back taking minimal dmg each(if you seen the show then you know what im talkin about, when both characters hit each other; 1 has his fist in the other's face while the other has his knee up the other's stomache lol). So basically its still about timing and precision. You have to be the 1st to swoop to be able to launch the chargeable attack but both can swoop and then follow up with "throw punch/kicks" attack and what will happen if both players do this in the same time is both will take turns hitting each other and a little struggle will play and 1st to run out of ki will end up losing and getting punched or kicked down the ground.

Block will also has to change and make it instant. At the same time drain ki when its being used. THis will limit block whores and will make it so that people will have to think b4 they block and add a .5 sec delay of unblocking meaning you can be open for attacks then. Also you should be able to charge/power up while your blocking but since blocking draing your ki pool, charging up ki will be REAL slow while blocking. Like 1 bar line per sec lol.

SO yea... this is basically my well thought out melee system. It shouldnt be too hard to apply into the game and this should make the melee system stylish and more enjoyable and more noob friendly. So now, you can bum rush your opponent with a swoop or throw down punches and kicks dbz show style or pull off arcade/game style melee attacks with chargeable melee special attacks. This has a lot of good sides. Maybe it will limit the beam whoring since every1 would prolly like to pull this stuff off. Im sure its possible and will take a while to code + make the animations so maybe you can use this or use this idea to spawn another for future melee for ESF? Thanks for reading my suggestion and please, tell me what you think. Oh.. and keep the conversation good with why and why not instead of flames.

Best answers
man why do u waste so much time on these threads

i mean they're all good suggestions but i wouldn't have time to even think all this up stop wasting ur time and jus play the game

Best answers
And it is time wasted too, because alot of you have not read the first post, and therefor arent posting any useful suggestions.
What your sposed to be posting is simple ways to Quick-Fix the current melee.
1.2 is already being made, so new complicated melee suggestions arent really worth it.
Although there are some good suggestions here

I say go with the "head on knock back" idea that has been suggested.

* both players recieve small damage each e.g 10.

- melee shouldnt be about headons, its about catching your opponaunt off guard and getting them.
- this would not slow down melee unlike the ki pool head on melee, nor would it bother the dial up users.
- esf 1.2 will be out and 1.1 melee wont be that important anymore.
- knockbacks happen in dbz, so it'd look fairly good.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That idea would be perfect, they should use that idea. It would make the game look amazing and wouldnt take long to do (im guessing). That idea would also force "hows" to use somthing different.

Best answers
All melee suggestions will go here. Before you start posting read the guidelines below...
a) No flaming
b) Negativity will not be tolerated, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism only!
c) If it’s not a suggestion, DONT POST. That means no
- Melee sucks nuts!!!!
- Melee rocks!
- Good suggestion!
ect...
d) Meaningful suggestions only, I don’t want to see
- Melee sucks; you should have punch + kick buttons!!!!
If you’re going to say that, tell us how we are going to set up the punch/kick buttons, how would you hit someone with it, what type of damage it will do, how melee powerstruggles will happen, ect..
e) Make sure it's well thought out, simple, and able to be done in HL. Examples...
- You should make it so you can blow people through mountains!
- You should have streetfigher melee that requires insainly fast reflexes that anything above 15 ping will make it unplayable!
f) Make your suggestion longer then 2 sentences, and use DECENT english. That means i shouldnt be reading stuff like this
- omg, melee r0x0rz, i think u should make swoop slow and it good but needs help it looks like the dude is in kaioken so its too fast!!! READ ME PLZ!!!
( Funny part about it is i accually see you guys taking like that, hehe )
Thats it, Have fun
Ok Renzo, what are you talking about?
"And it is time wasted too, because alot of you have not read the first post". See what I have just copied n pasted? Thats the 1st post buddy. This is a melee suggestions thread, what I posted is well thought out. Also its a suggestion and well thought out at that. It might not be used but new ideas are always sprouted from old 1s.

What your sposed to be posting is simple ways to Quick-Fix the current melee.
Where in the 1st thread does it say that? If this was true I think pcjoe would of had it in the starting thread.

Also your saying this should be like dbz and yet your talking about how melee should be all about to how to catch your opponent off guard. True this happened in the show but most of the times it was head ons. If you read my suggestion again you will see how I thought of ideas to fix the current head on melee with a better 1. Therefore my ideas wouldnt be complicated. It will take some time to code the animations and balance it out but not complicated unless your too simple minded and know nothing about coding.

Sorry for this long post, i know it was supposed to be just a suggest thread but I do hate it when people try and scold me using the wrong things.

PS:
Unless Ive missed something and 1.2 melee system is already underway or figured then I have an idea for melee 1.2 or maybe future versions.
What does that tell you in the last sentence? "MAYBE FUTURE VERSIONS" meaning maybe this can be implemented in 1.2 if they can and if not then future versions.

Best answers
Here ya go:

Do a mix of Kuban's and Catfish's ideas (they have posts on the first apge of this topic). Personally I like Catfish's rock paper scissors thing a lot bu I don't agree with the 3 seconds to choose an attack thing I think it should flash every 1-1.5 seconds or so to keep it fast paced.

Also, there is a big issue on blocking. Yes, I think you should take some damag when you block otherwise ppl would block all day. It should also drain some ki, but not too much. Also, the lower your power level is in relation to the person you blocked, the more damage you should take.

Lastly, you should only be able to block for like 3 second durations before you autmoatically stop blocking for like 2 secs. Successfully blocking an attack should reset the timer (so you block won't run out in the middle of a kiblob).

Oh and guys, stop assuming that everyone hasa mouse 3 button (i do but i know ppl that don't).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hm this probably be posted in here b4 but i dont wanna read all this stuff :| ok here goes ... all ppl have been whining about fast kicks and punshes why dont u make som sort of bar and if its full u can perform the fast punches /kicks whatever

Best answers
yea if u scroll up or was it a page b4 this 1... you can see my suggests. I have 1 about the fast punch/kick thing.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i think this is for melee too... make it so that u can lock more then 1 player

Best answers
I have a suggestion for

melee:
Well instead of that you have to lock on by pressing mouse1, why not use button "R" as swoop when you are in melee combat (cause it isnt in use) and when ur not in melee mode anymore it will have no function, that way you can use mouse1 for another option like a punch knock away and mouse2 will be kick knock away.

instead that you have to be close in to your enemy to knock him away, use mouse1 and mouse2 to punch or kick whenever you like. that way you avoid the irritation of who hit someone first. so this means when your punch/kick connects, the enemy will be send flying. Ofcourse there should be a good few frames of the punch and kick, so it wont be that if you are close to the enemy that when you hit the punch button, you'll send the enemy flying. the enemy needs to have a chance to react to. so when u punch someone, the punch motion has to be made, which is like a few frames and if it connects, you will send the enemy flying and if it doesnt connect, well you do the math. this way the enemy has the chance to hit you back when his punch/kick connects first. Also you wont be able to rapidly punch or kick, cause after you punch or kick it needs a quick recovery. so timing is the key here. Also for laggers this will be much more convenient. ;)

melee struggle:
My idea of an melee struggle is quite simple. When both fighters connect their punch/kick against eachother, they will go into melee struggle which is a series of punches and kicks thrown at eachoter. a bar will appear much like the powerstruggle. but instead of powering eachother out, an arrow will go up and down very fast. then you have to press the mouse1 button. the one who is closest to the middle of the bar wins the melee struggle and send the enemy flying.
this way you avoid the oh so hated button bashing. easy and dead simple.

throw:
im probably to late with this but my idea of a throw is when you hit both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time. the player makes an grab motion and if it connects, you grab your enemy. You have like 2 seconds time to either throw your enemy by pressing mouse1 or an grapple attack by pressing mouse2

grabstruggle:
As most seen DBZ sometimes the fighters grab eachothers hand and try to power eachother out. My idea of such is simular to the melee struggle. when both grapples of the players connect with eachother they will have a grab struggle with a big aura surrounding them. the same bar of the melee struggle will be used. the winner gets to throw the enemy or use a grapple attack.

Counterattack:
I personally think counterattacks is a must in ESF. Also this requires timing. Most people who gets attacked already hold the block button before they get hit. My idea to counterattack is in a few frames when you press the block button the player will counterattack if he gets hit by the enemy. you still take a bit damage, but the enemy will get the most, cause you will send him flying. When a hit connects in those 2 or 3 frames, you'll block the attack and recieve damage, but counters by punching him or kicking him away. ofcourse the punch and kick go automaticly, so u dont need to press punch or kick button.

thank you for reading this and hopefully you like my ideas. :yes: :)

Best answers
-]MELEE STRUGGLE[-
My idea of a melee struggle is very simple nothing like that its a plain melee struggle kind of like a ps/bs where theres a bar and ur pl counts so there may not be ppl whining about "HOW" anymore
-]THROWING[-
i think throwing should be close up and when they press any button they would like to bind, they can throw like a melee hit, or they push em with a ki blast
-]COUNTER ATTACK[-
I personally think a counter-attack would be already there
*tele then swoop hit*

Best answers
Initiating a MS...

It starts with an attacker swooping toward someone, of course...
If the defender is blocking or has the melee attack selected (nobody needs to be targeted necessarily), the MS starts. If not, they get thrown into the ground (if from the back), kicked across the screen (if from the side), or for head on attacks, they get punched in the gut and stagger/float back a little ways, doubled over and stunned. If they get meleed again while they're stunned, they fly across the map. (it makes sense that this should do more damage, especially since the player is more likely to see it coming from the front...)

When the MS begins, the players have five basic controls...forward, backward, left/right, turbo and teleport...

The forward and backward keys would determine each player's aggressiveness in the MS...If the player is attacking, he would be hitting very rapidly, but would drain ki at the same time. A defensive player would block attacks, taking very little or no damage, and would drain ki very slowly.

If both players are in attack mode, they would deal damage to each other, but they would also automatically block about half the shots, draining ki the whole time...

If both players go into defensive mode, they will back out of the struggle after about 1-2 seconds

If the player hits the left/right keys they will start dodging attacks, which will drain ki about as fast as attack mode, but the player takes no damage while dodging...
We can add maybe a 2.5% chance per hit that it will connect while the defender is in dodging mode, but if it does, the dodger will fly across the map and the struggle will end.

Going into Turbo mode will double this chance of striking a dodging person, but otherwise it only increases the damage done by each hit.

If both people are in dodge mode or defensive stance, they will exit melee after 4-5 seconds. During this time ki drain will be minimal for both people. Teleport escapes

If the person lets go of the directional keys he will continue whatever stance he was last in

If someone needs to teleport out of a MS they can attempt it, but the other player will automatically follow with his own teleport and continue the melee...This gives the weaker opponent a way out of the struggle, if he has enough ki to do multiple teleports...If someone attempts to teleport out, they have a 20% chance for success...If one player attemps a teleport to escape and is followed, the other person teleports with reduced loss of ki - this will prevent teleport spamming from people with higher pls

When someone runs out of ki in a power struggle they will be kicked across the map if the other player was in aggressive mode, thrown if he was in defensive mode, or gut punched/stunned if he was in dodge mode at the time.

During melee the punches can deal maybe 5 pts of damage each (1 "punch" per sec for damage purposes, though hopefully it will look much faster), this will drop to 1 point or no dmg if the other player blocks it. In turbo mode, the damage will increase by 3 points for either case. This can be adjusted based on the difference in pls, but I think it's a good base damage for roughly equal pls.

Best answers
I think that when you get a lock on an enemy, you click (primiry) and you teleport closer(as many times as you like). when you are close enough you character attacks automaticly. If you attack on the ground, the charater kicks the enemy. In the air, he gets hit in the direction that the attacker in facing.

Best answers
hey i like the automatic thing, how about primary fire plays the entire game for you and all you do is watch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom