Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know about you but those screenshots look pretty damn convincing to me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to me man. Reading that interview really solidified things for me. Far as I can tell, they've got nothing. They aren't hiding information to build suspsense. They're avoiding humiliation and bad PR by giving specs or specifics about what appears more and more to be a vastly underwhelming "revolutionary" console, if you ask me.

Best answers
Uhh has anyone tried watching that video??bas it explains kinda what the revolution cauld do *drools*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
the above screenshots are great, but i hope they aren't cg cut scene only gaphics, cuz if they are cutscene only graphics, teh gamecube could proabably already do that.
It's a CGI, here's what it looks like in-game.

Revolutionary new characters indeed. *dons flame-proof jacket*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I predicted that, I knew someone was going to do an edit of those pics...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes...let's just drop the cynicism for now and continue the discussion on a mature note, shall we? The goal of this discussion is not to provoke, so you should not need to use a "flame-proof jacket". If you know a post is provocative, then do try to avoid ACTUALLY posting it.

On with the discussion, please.

Best answers
The "Fake" vieo poping up all over the net isnt fake at all the headset and vr thing was brefly shown at E3 in a 3 second clip no person or group can make up that clip that fast it would litruly take months to make that besides they cant possibly have the resources for it either, Which means it has to be an official nintendo video clip.

If you think closely theres a ton of hints everywhere indicating this clip may defently be real just nintendo arnt saying anything because it,ll blow away the other consoles so they want suspence, Also the revolution jhas the logo thats "ON" this url has been registed www.nintendoon.com if you go to that the sites isnt up yet it,ll lead you to the ign articule about that video.

Besides nintendo have mentioned their systems going one step further than other companies this time around..
meaning the "REVOLUTION" when video games revolutionise the dawn of somthing far surpirior
Think about it...

EDIT: excuse my grammer im lazy lol

Best answers
The big thing here is that power doesnt matter. Look at how much the ps2 has done when it is the least powerful of all 3. Nintendo has made mistakes but who knows, its easy to be very cynical about the future of nintendo but past mistakes dont always set a precedent. Before making huge assumptions the best thing would be to just wait until everythings been laid out on the table

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, don't forget that E3 isn't over yet. They may be waiting till the last second to spill some more about the Revolution. If I remember correctly this is what they did last year with Their New Zelda Game.

Best answers
i fust found out that vieo WAS fake and those screnshots of zelda and resident evilk are all also fake

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What makes you say that Graive? Has it been confirmed somewhere?

Best answers
Yep at E3 there hasnt been any news or press releases about resident evil or zelda for that matter.
If there was i highely doubt they,d have anything to show for them considering the revolution isnt going to be comming out until next year and also it has been confirmed by nintendo them selves that the video is indeed fake as official and cool as it looks :(

On a high note, The revolution has been said to be more powerful then the new xbox.. so that will be good along with the free online gaming and every n64, snes, nes games will be avsaliable to download through the revolutions internet connection :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, well i'd like to be able to play Goldeneye again. Just so long as I dont have to pay to download it -_- that'd seriously be lame :\

Best answers
It has been said and hinted that they may be free but theres a small chance they might be like $5 for access to them, Who wouldnt want to see the greatest games on n64 like perfect dark or goldeneye in much higher res they wouldnt be gamecube graphics but yeh they,d run well ahhh the memorys.
the other thing id love to see if perfect dark and that had online capabilities
n64!!! hardcore net games :D

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still $5 for a classic like that is **** all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The games will be backward compatible, and you can download THE WHOLE library of Nintendo games over the last 2 decades. The speaker at E3, also mentioned a new game creation from Miyamoto-san, and also mentioned and an online WiFi Super Smash Brothers. An addition to the Revolution will be available in order to play DVD content etc. IBM and ATi are continuing to develope for Nintendo as well, and will have many wireless features including internet, and controllers. The console previewed at the conference is a PROTOTYPE and the final will be the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other.

As for the gamecube, Killer 7 is still in progress for GameCube as well, and Fire Emblem is looking sick, with full voice casting, and not all text. Geist, Spartan:Total Warrior, Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, are some of the games coming out in the near future.

Saving the best for last, Zelda was shown at the end. The words "****ING HELL" sprung to mind when i saw this new clip. DS Owners were given a video demo of Twilight Princess which runs on the DS.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoa whoa whoa, are you saying that with the revolution you'll be able to play ssmb online with other people. if so you just convinced me to buy the game! that'd be so awsome. And so far, it looks like nintendo is doing very well with the system. And i agree with wheres_warren. $5 is a bit much. I say make it free.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kind of irks me when people talk about the power of the Revolution. You know what I mean? Those same people who say "Well it doesn't matter if it's not the most powerful of the new systems, look at the PS2's success," are the same people who 6 months ago said "the PS2 is a piece of crap, look how much more powerful gamecube is!" I guess people are eating their words. But we don't really know anything concrete about the specs so unfortunately it's all conjecture.

I think 5 dollars for every game they ever made is fair. But I'm sure the bigger ones will cost more. Like Goldeneye will be 15 bucks, etc. I honestly don't see how they will ever manage to pull this one off though--they have essentially completely alienated all the third party developers. No one's going to give them rights to use any of this stuff--ESPECIALLY for absolutely zero profits. So I'm eager to see how it's going to work out.

Has anyone seen the controller?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Nope, and I doubt anyone will be seeing it anytime soon.

Best answers
We haven't seen it yet, due too sony & microsoft stealing nintendo's and supposedly sega's controller idea's, they"ve decided to keep it under wraps for now until later.

It's ashame those screenshots aren't real, they looked pretty good. I guess anyone can grab pictures and slap a logo on it. I hope it ends up similar to that look atleast though.

So I'm eager to see how it's going to work out.
Translation: Im Eager too see them fail to prove my point. :)

I think 5 dollars for every game they ever made is fair. But I'm sure the bigger ones will cost more. Like Goldeneye will be 15 bucks, etc. I honestly don't see how they will ever manage to pull this one off though--they have essentially completely alienated all the third party developers. No one's going to give them rights to use any of this stuff--ESPECIALLY for absolutely zero profits. So I'm eager to see how it's going to work out.
Im sure every once in a while you could atleast just say something once postive about what nintendo are doing with the revolution, without listing a negative possiblity or having some type of doubt behind it, no offense, it just seems like you dont want to give them a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom