Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What would you want it to do gameinformer? Like, what would make you say "hey this sound interesting, i'll try it out" kinda thing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wireless as default sounds nice...

Now if they begin wireless power adapters...

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
What would you want it to do gameinformer? Like, what would make you say "hey this sound interesting, i'll try it out" kinda thing.
Well it all depends on what your refering too, the Gameboy Micro or the Nintendo Revolution?

If your talking about the Gameboy Micro, then to be honest from what there working with, i don't think there's anything they can do to make me want to try that thing out and that's just based on the look of it alone.

If they didn't go with cartidages and decided to use UMD disc, and change the design of it just abit to keep it from looking so plain. They could make the screen abit wider in lenght & height as well. They could create their usual games with a decent graphic engine upgrade enabling the handheld to atleast play dreamcast type quality games, with the addition of making there own UMD movies maybe making UMDs movies and making them playable as well, but it wouldn't have to be essential.

They could probally add a little camera feature in it as well to take pictures and save them on UMDs. The size of it would make it seem like a handheld and digital camera all in one. then it would pretty much convince me that it's worth giving a shot. I think that would really go well with the casual gamers as well. Anything other then that could probally never make me interested in that thing, espically with the ds already out. That would kinda make it diffrent from previous gameboy's before and seperate it from the DS since it lacks everything i just listed. If your refering too the revolution, then that's a whole diffrent story, i can list a few things and most of them are things that the revolution already has pretty much.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about you guys, but the smaller something is for me, the easier it is to lose! A credit-card sized game system would fall out of my pocket and I'd never see it again. -_-;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, yea... I lost my Nintendo DS for 4 weeks, couldn't find it anywhere, i was goin insane. It ended up being in my sister's closet...how the **** did it get in there? -_-....

If i lost my ds in the 5 months i have had it, imagine how quick i would lose this thing :p.

Best answers
nintendo isnt my thing but i always wanted the newest verion of super smash brows... and have u noticed that xbox and this nintendo is becoming like ps2+? (the way it can stant up :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda wish they revealed more about the Revolution then they did, but I didn't expect them too, so It doesn't matter too much to me.

Although, the Revolution did have the single coolest feature out of every new console. The ability to download any nintendo game onto the revolution and play it. From Punch Out, to Super Metroid, to Super Mario 64. That's just plain awesome.

Best answers
When they say every nintendo game though, does that mean just every game made by nintendo, or does that mean any game that was on it? I ask this because i used to play alot TMNT games back then and im just kinda curious.

Best answers
Megagames said:
Description
In a pre-E3 press event, Nintendo has revealed some details for its upcoming Revolution system. According to Satoru Iwata the new console will build on the company's strong heritage of innovation to attract more kinds of gamers to more kinds of games. When Nintendo's new console, code-named Revolution, arrives in 2006, Nintendo will attempt to introduce the concept of All-Access Gaming.

We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming, says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. With backward compatibility and the 'virtual console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power. It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great history of gaming.

According to Nintendo, Revolution's key features and the ones that will attract the E3 crowd include:

- The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it's displayed vertically or horizontally.

- Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCubeTM generation. But there's more...

- The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo® 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

- Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

- Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

- The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution's technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named Broadway, and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named Hollywood, will deliver game experiences not previously possible.

- The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world's richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.

- Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo's newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.

- Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game masterpieces as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.

Nintendo's All-Access Gaming philosophy covers the spectrum. The next console fits anywhere. It brings together new games and old. It gives people worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And it opens the world of video games - to everyone. Software for the new console will even attract people who don't consider themselves players. Adults, kids, men and women around the world will have access to the most popular video game characters created by Nintendo.
The thing that caught my eye was the access to all those old classic games. That alone would be worth a lot of money.
Here's a couple screens of the GBM.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the pics looked rather fake to me, but cool looking nonethe less

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i wouldn't doubt they are. From the last pic it looks like a 3d render. I wouldn't doubt it was, some times they do that to work out a design.

Best answers
They aren't. I just saw footage of the reveiling of it on G4. It's not fake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fake? He was holding the Revolution in his hand during the press conference. Unless Satoru Iwata is a magician, I don't think those pictures are fake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the system is not fake, but those pics could be 3d renders, some might call that fake :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
That does look like a nice system. I only hope that the performance of the system is as sleek as its appearance.

Again, I hope that the system will represent its namesake well. I expect much from Nintendo. At the very least, I hope to enjoy this system as much as I do the Gamecube.

Hopefully, this thread will soon include discussion on some of the Revolution's games, provided they are demonstrate in the very near future.
whats sleek about it...? All it is is a box with a nice coat of paint and a neon blue light for coolness. Im dissapointed.. that none of the companies could have come up with something more original. I think gamecube was by far the most original design, even though it was a cube, it still owned. They all look the same. And they all come in the same color scheme's... black, white, or silver. LAME

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i think if they wanted to come up with a kickass design, i think they would have, but you gotta think, they have to mass produce these things. Yes the design could have been better, and more appealing....i could make better designs then any of the new systems honestly, but im sure they put production into consideration when they where designing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don't have a problem with the new consoles looks. I think they're sexy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
Well i think if they wanted to come up with a kickass design, i think they would have, but you gotta think, they have to mass produce these things. Yes the design could have been better, and more appealing....i could make better designs then any of the new systems honestly, but im sure they put production into consideration when they where designing.
ya, just make a mold and there you go. Just take the time to make a sweet mold, and boom, mass production of a kickass design right there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does it double as a soccer ball? If not... then its teh sux :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom