Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
I just made the best design eva! :O

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/3767/gs6gk.jpg

It so pwns theres...and it sits 2 ways like teh ps2 !!!
Great, i'm actually blind now. Too much sexyness penetrated my retinas at once, and my eyes just exploded. At least the last thing I ever got to see was probably the sexiest thing ever created.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it is the best feature of the system, its for teh soccer ball games, you kick it to make it go around and stuff.

<font size="1">[We here at enixendo donot recommend doing this because it can damage the system, but if it does brake and stuff its not our fault that you are dumb enough to kick your new $500.00 system you jackass]</font>

Sorry dat ur blind hash, but now i can take advantage of you :O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All it is is a box with a nice coat of paint and a neon blue light for coolness. Im dissapointed.. that none of the companies could have come up with something more original. I think gamecube was by far the most original design, even though it was a cube, it still owned. They all look the same. And they all come in the same color scheme's... black, white, or silver. LAME
Sorry my friend. i for one am not going to miss hot pink, yoshi green, or limp-wrist purple. The colors are the way they are so that these systems can fit into your home entertainment center as natural looking electronic components instead of giant colorful chewtoys (And as a quick aside, I really can't bring myself to agree at all that Gamecube's design was unique. It was an unnecessarily fat and goofy box. How much effort or thought could that really take?) <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hash said:
I kinda wish they revealed more about the Revolution then they did, but I didn't expect them too, so It doesn't matter too much to me.

Although, the Revolution did have the single coolest feature out of every new console. The ability to download any nintendo game onto the revolution and play it. From Punch Out, to Super Metroid, to Super Mario 64. That's just plain awesome.
Not for nothing, but the internet does that already, so I'm not all that excited about it. Plus, you know, I've played those games 500 times, and if I were a more avid nintendo fan, I'd no doubt own at least one of the re-releases of each that has been put out over the years. Though it is a cool feature, god knows how long it will be before that's all implemented and up and running. I imagine it would probably take a while to convert all of those games to work right with the new machine, no?

Also, if that ends up being as free as they say, I'll hacksaw my own leg off and throw it in a woodchipper; I really doubt they'd allow you to obtain games for free that still have potential resale value.

I don't even want to discuss the new gameboy. Then again my feelings on Nintendo are currently widely documented, so I'm sure people know my standpoint on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Not for nothing, but the internet does that already, so I'm not all that excited about it. Plus, you know, I've played those games 500 times, and if I were a more avid nintendo fan, I'd no doubt own at least one of the re-releases of each that has been put out over the years. Though it is a cool feature, god knows how long it will be before that's all implemented and up and running. I imagine it would probably take a while to convert all of those games to work right with the new machine, no?

Also, if that ends up being as free as they say, I'll hacksaw my own leg off and throw it in a woodchipper; I really doubt they'd allow you to obtain games for free that still have potential resale value.

I don't even want to discuss the new gameboy. Then again my feelings on Nintendo are currently widely documented, so I'm sure people know my standpoint on it.
Well, I agree with you that we will more than likely have to pay for the games. But come on, how much are they gonna charge you for Excitebike? Like 4 bucks, that's practically free anyways.

And ya, that new gameboy was just silly. Hey! It's smaller now! Too bad no one cares. I dunno about you, but I don't like it when my screens get smaller and smaller. Bah, I never did get handheld gaming. Games are meant to be played on a 40 inch widescreen High Def TV, with a rocking 5.1 surround sound system. Not an itty-bitty little screen with 2 speakers smaller than my palm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
does it bug anyone that it just looks like a cheap rendition of a ps2?
Yet again you stole the words from my mouth.

It looks pretty sleek, but it's very bland. The PS2 colour scheme without the ridges or big logo or detail. Also the fact that it stands at an angle in the stand annoys me. Still, the lack of disc tray is a very stylish plus and assuming the hand is a normal sized hand it looks quite small and compact. And then there's Zelda...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really care what it looks like, all i care are that the games are awsome. But i'm not saying that coolness in looks aren't a bonus.

As for what tassadar posted, i'd have to say that it's pretty cool what you'll be able to do, but of course it's going to cost a lot with all those addons and stuff. bleh. I seriously think that it should be included when purchasing. If it can be upgraded, already have it upgraded, if it can play dvd's already be able to play dvds, don't make the consumer buy extra to get an addon, i hate how nintendo does that. Xbox does too, i noticed PS2 is the only console that doesn't.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
As for what tassadar posted, i'd have to say that it's pretty cool what you'll be able to do, but of course it's going to cost a lot with all those addons and stuff. bleh. I seriously think that it should be included when purchasing. If it can be upgraded, already have it upgraded, if it can play dvd's already be able to play dvds, don't make the consumer buy extra to get an addon, i hate how nintendo does that. Xbox does too, i noticed PS2 is the only console that doesn't.
I figured that they WERE planning on including those features as standard for the console. I can't imagine it will be similar to X-box where you had to purchase a DVD playback kit, and we know that it will come with online capabilities. I cannot say I've ever felt pressured to buy addons for my previous Nintendo consoles (well, save for that expansion pack for the N64).

As for the price, I imagine it will stay competitive with whatever Microsoft sets for their new console. I can imagine it will come in at the same price as new consoles typically do when they are released (which means I won't be getting one for a bit :()

Dan16 said:
whats sleek about it...? All it is is a box with a nice coat of paint and a neon blue light for coolness.
Well, to quote dictionary.com, sleek means "Smooth and lustrous as if polished." Although the Revolution isn't very lustrous, it is rather smooth. My original description stands: the console looks sleek. For that matter, all the new consoles do, since they seem to share a similar, general shape.

It is a rather convincing system, imo, as is. So far, I know that if I buy this system, I am still going to be able to play my GCN games as well as my favourite classics from the late 80's and early 90's (legitimately, without the use of...well, you know).

However, I still wait to see what the Revolution has in terms of games. I hope that E3 will clear the fog in that respect.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I figured that they WERE planning on including those features as standard for the console. I can't imagine it will be similar to X-box where you had to purchase a DVD playback kit, and we know that it will come with online capabilities. I cannot say I've ever felt pressured to buy addons for my previous Nintendo consoles (well, save for that expansion pack for the N64).
I doubt it. Knowing Nintendo like i do, they will make you buy the expansions to the system. You had to buy Perfect dark to get the expansion pak. You need to go online to buy the hunters thing for PSO and then pay 10 a month to play the game online, and a high speed internet on top of that. So my guess is that you have to buy stuff to watch dvd's etc. Seeing as it said "it comes compatable with" but you never know. I really hope that it comes with everything you need to play online, watch dvds and upgradable parts(that one i doubt)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like the PS2? well lets see......no? just because its black, it looks like a PS2? Does the PS2 look the the N64 because that was black too? Apart from it being oblong and black it looks nothing like a PS2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, it really doesn't. Its just black and stands vertically, i dont like the design much, but it could have been worse. The rep. said "in its final form", which means there probally not done deciding. I honestly cant wait, i wub nintendo :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they arent done. Its Project Revolution, the final console wont be called Nintendo Revolution, much like when the GameCube was being made, it had the title Project Dolphin. Im guessing this is a prototype model which is the foundation of the final outcome of what it will look like.

Best answers
Well, i just got through reading through a nintendo article that i have and her is a quick summary of the juicy tidbits along with a couple of quotes.

1. This Aries person (who claimed to work Nintendo until last year) says that Nintendo will pull a prank on everyone at E3 as if we're on punk'd or in the movie, The Game.

2. Since, Nintendo's conference was on Tuesday. There is a party on Wednesday. And for Thursday and Friday, Nintendo has something planned.

3. Aries says to all nintendo fans not to make up our minds the first day of E3. He says we won't be dissapointed.

4. Perrin Kaplan said last week the Revolution would be "very, very sleek." Well, as you guys can see, "the most sleek" showed up.

"Nintendo is going to roll out a trojan horse: Something that looks innocent and weak and then, bam! it will be unvieled. My credibility will be proven on May 19th. I have already given you a hint about what will happen in the next few weeks. Pay close attention to some of the Nintendo related stories that will begin to pop up. So far, many have already been reported. Pay attention. And on the 19th, don’t automatically try to write me off. There is a big suprise in store for everyone. I’ve said that 100 times, but I can’t stress it
enough."
-Aries
Well if your asking yourself what does this mean? Well if you believe that Aries is telling the truth, then it means we’ve got much more to be excited about coming up on the 19th. Everything that he pretty much said that was going to happen has happen up until now. I also recall Nintendo saying themselves many times that they would be showcasing something about Mario 128. And yet still nothing.

Anyone think it's any truth to the big suprise on the 19th? or would you say nintendo has nothing more to show at E3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we will never know until the 19th :] so just sit tight, strap your ass to your chair and hold onto your weave and prepare for the 19th

Best answers
Well i don't know about the weave part :laff: but i am prepared. It just better be good. Here's a image of another area of the Revolution just incase no one saw it here yet. I was hoping for more the 4 ports this time around but whatever i guess, either that or that's just the ports for the gamecube controllers.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it looked like the 4 controller ports, and 2 memory card slots.

Best answers
Well since were all on the subject of the revolution and it's E3 conference and all, i though i post this that was posted today. It's a long read but very well worth the read for people who are actually interested in the revo/nintendo and espically the people who aren't it's really well though out and from a non-biased stand point and i think it holds some truth too it as well even though im sure ant-nintendo fans still couldn't skim through it without anything negative too say.

E3 2005: Editorial: Nintendo Was Right
Whether the speculation about Revolution's final revealing proves true or not, Nintendo was certainly right about the direction gaming is heading in and where it needs to go.
By Kevin Sander - 05-19-05
Print Email

I have always been an avid gamer. From the time I picked up my first NES controller, video games have always intrigued and excited me, and for the past few years I have hung around video gaming communities to get as much information as I possibly could. Over the past few months I had become weary of Nintendo, and had focused my mind instead on the next Xbox and PlayStation, leaving the Revolution only a small, meager shelf in the back of my mind. It may surprise you to hear then that during this E3 I have completely disregarded any notion of the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, in favor of watching every move that Nintendo makes in eager anticipation of the looming unveiling of their Revolution.

For months now, Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, has been saying that video games as we know them are quickly converging to a pinnacle. In his words, "We can't be optimistic about the game market. No matter what great product you come up with, people get bored. I feel like a chef cooking for a king who's full." He wanted to create a revolutionary product, and at first I believed that this was just another example of Nintendo trying to think for the gamer rather than letting the gamer think for him/herself. To me it seemed obvious that all gamers wanted were great graphics, violence, and sex in their video games, and all I wanted was for Nintendo to realize this and alter their marketing strategy to capitalize on it. But today is the first day I am finally able to admit that Nintendo was right all along, and gamers are hoping for something new.

I do not know how revolutionary the Revolution will be. I do not know if I and the rest of the gamers around the world will be disappointed or awed. I do not know if the Revolution will actually start a gaming revolution. I do not know if the rumors are true and Nintendo even really does a revealing of the Revolution by the end of this E3. But what I can say, through all the hype and excitement of the past couple of days, is that Nintendo was right.

The Xbox 360 unveiling came and went less than a week ago on MTV. The PlayStation 3 unveiling came and went earlier at this E3. As excited as I thought I was for the upcoming next generation, after seeing and learning about these new products, I finally came to the realization that graphical updates and wireless controllers are not the best reasons for me to fork out hundreds of dollars. Sure, I will probably purchase one of those systems, but I am not nearly as eager about their release as I thought I would be at this point. Talking to friends at school, friends on the forums, and other gamers I have come to notice that they all feel very similar in one way or another - they are not overly impressed, and they want something fresh.

Rather than paying much attention to the ongoing PS3 and Xbox 360 news and information, nearly every gamer I know, whether they be a Nintendo fanboy at heart or not a fan of the company at all, is focusing their attention on the rumors and speculation about the Revolution's release. There was surprisingly little speculation for Nintendo's competitors in the weeks before their revelations, aside from a few leaked shots of the Xbox 360. For Revolution speculation, there are dozens of sites reporting about multiple blogs, mockup videos, and the subtlest and oftentimes craziest of hints. The first question I had was "why all of this for Nintendo?", but now it can be answered - Nintendo was right all along.

What everyone is anticipating is not necessarily the Revolution, but a revolution. People don't want to play sequels to the same franchises using the same controller formats with updated graphics so much anymore. Gamers have been doing just that with little deviation since Nintendo released their simple game pad for the NES. Sure, joysticks and neat little rumblers have been added. Grips have been tried out, and different shoulder button layouts and ergonomic designs have been tested, but none of these have fundamentally or significantly altered the way we play games.

Nintendo has a chance to show the world that the Revolution will become an actual revolution. They have to show gamers that while adding pixel shaders, normal mapping, bump mapping, or dynamic lighting are definitely good improvements, they do not significantly advance an industry that is well on its way to becoming boring. They have to show gamers that while adding DVD players, cool lights, multiple colors, backwards compatibility, and hard drives are definitely good improvements, they do not significantly advance an industry that is well on its way to becoming boring. If Nintendo wastes this opportunity and their idea of a revolution dies, we could possibly be doomed to play graphically and aesthetically updated gaming consoles every five years, and that is a scary thought.

I cannot even begin to fathom what Nintendo has in store for us. One of my main principles in life has been to ignore hype and wait for the final product. Unfortunately, I have dug myself deep into this hole, and it is too late for me to get out of it now. If today comes and goes, and I have not been impressed, I will surely be saddened. I will always have my Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, possibly even my Revolution. But I would rather have my revolution, and I would not mind it coming packaged with my Revolution if at all possible. But when it is all said and done, I can at least walk away from this week with one thought in mind.
I don't about you guys, but i think that was pretty deep.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
Well since were all on the subject of the revolution and it's E3 conference and all, i though i post this that was posted today. It's a long read but very well worth the read for people who are actually interested in the revo/nintendo and espically the people who aren't it's really well though out and from a non-biased stand point and i think it holds some truth too it as well even though im sure ant-nintendo fans still couldn't skim through it without anything negative too say.

I don't about you guys, but i think that was pretty deep.
That article doesn't even really make sense. It's also contradictory to what Nintendo, as a company, is. It's titled "Nintendo Was Right," but he admits he hasn't actually seen much, if anything, of the Revolution.

Article said:
People don't want to play sequels to the same franchises using the same controller formats with updated graphics so much anymore. Gamers have been doing just that with little deviation since Nintendo released their simple game pad for the NES.
He's citing Nintendo as being revolutionary in this field, depsite Nintendo was the company originally known for milking their classic franchises to the point of absurdity?

Article said:
. Talking to friends at school, friends on the forums, and other gamers I have come to notice that they all feel very similar in one way or another - they are not overly impressed, and they want something fresh.
I can't speak for HIS experiences, but almost everyone I know has ignored the Revolution in favor of the XB360/PS3, and the PS3 has been the most talked about subject. Just look at this forum! People were AMAZED by the Killzone 2 preview. The FF7 Technical demo. How many Revolution threads are there, compared to PS3 threads? How many of those Revolution threads have you yourself -not- created?

Article said:
Rather than paying much attention to the ongoing PS3 and Xbox 360 news and information, nearly every gamer I know, whether they be a Nintendo fanboy at heart or not a fan of the company at all, is focusing their attention on the rumors and speculation about the Revolution's release.
The same as above. Almost all the gamers here have expressed more interest in the PS3. The only thing the Revolution has going for it is the "mystery" behind Nintendo's immense claims that it will be revolutionary--just like they claimed the DS's dual screens would be, but didn't.

Article said:
They have to show gamers that while adding DVD players, cool lights, multiple colors, backwards compatibility, and hard drives are definitely good improvements, they do not significantly advance an industry that is well on its way to becoming boring.
He's saying that backwards compatability/adding DVD/etc isn't the way of the future, isn't revolutionary. But that's what Nintendo has done--they've taken the same backwards compataiblity Sony was already offering by making the Revolution backwards compatible with Gamecube, and with the archiving of SNES/NES/etc games.

Article said:
One of my main principles in life has been to ignore hype and wait for the final product. Unfortunately, I have dug myself deep into this hole, and it is too late for me to get out of it now.
And in fact, right here, he admits he's a hype-believing fanboy without having seen the real product or Nintendo really revealing any significant information about the games.

That article isn't "deep." It's a fanboy, and a sucker for propaganda-driven "mystery and conjecture" about what really will be revolutionary. It screams "Band-wagon."

If Nintendo really manages to revolutionize the gaming industry, despite game sales being at an all time high (Halo 2 outselling Spiderman 2, etc), then I think everyone will be equally surprised. But do you really think they'll be doing it with a system only 3x as powerful as the Gamecube, which wasn't that powerful compared to the original X-Box anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to be negative, but unfortunately I am still not convinced at all.

I think Nintendo is floundering desperately at E3 in the shadow of it's massive opposition and is trying to bait us in until they can come up with something.

And honestly I really didn't buy a word of that editorial either, if only for one thing: I'm sure as hell not 'bored' with my games. New games come out, I pick them up; I certainly didn't buy Half-Life 2 and go "Lame...already played some shooting games, screw this." The problem is they have to make a great deal of NEW, NON-STALE games for us--or at least give us what we want some small percentage of the time.

Either way I think Nintendo's all done. Seriously--how desperate must they be to have put out yet another gameboy? Sorry my friends, but if you ask me, these guys are pretty much dead in the water. They're trying to force a revolutionary change and you can't do that; revolutions in things like the videogame industry happen in the games, not in the systems themselves. It's all a ploy if you ask me; they develop some unique way of interfacing with their games on the Revolution system (which they have tried many times before, from Robbie the Robot to the Power Glove to Virtual Boy--both of which were promptly extinct failures. Even the DS is trying it). They've just been too worried to try such a daring tactic on their main franchise. But right now they coast with the handheld market, and they're DOA on the console scene, so it's as good a time as any. With a unique interface the hope is that developers will "jump on the bandwagon" and create unique games that would of course end up being not only different and unique. They'd no longer have to have their games compete on a genre-based level (like having to worry about having flagship FPS games to try to compete against the next Halo, etc.). Because of the DS's success with it's unique new interface, they probably believe now is the best time to try this stunt.

The DS is one success in a sea of failures, as far as revolutionary interfaces go. There is a reason why the most favored way to interact with games are symmetrical handheld controller devices; that's what works best. Come on--how many people do you know who are like..."Wow, controllers are so lame."

They don't need to revolutionize how we play the games. They just need to actually make some new ones that are worth playing. If they don't the decline is going to just continue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea you mention about remaking old games and stuff, well youre a PlayStation fanperson as ive gathered from most of your contributions in threads like this, but doesnt every console do this? Sure Xbox doesnt have a chance to do this, but Nintendo havent really beeen remaking games as much as you have exagerated. How many GT games do you need with all that has changed is graphics and a few new cars? How many MGS games do you need aas well? It's all the same, and thats all in the past. Look to the future please and be open minded. You also claim there is more interest in the PS3/Xbox360. You dont know that. You just assume that because of your fanbased opinions. Even if the system isnt as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox360 or whatever, the PS2 had a ****ty system compared to the Xbox and GameCub, but still managed to pull through with stunning games such as MGS2 and 3, and Devil May Cry games. and of course, Resident Evil.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i use to luv nintendo stuff (heck , i still like pokemon , now don't go "ZOMFG U LUV POKEMON ??" i like it , from the view of an rpg gamer , and some of it's uniqueness)

i didn't buy a gamecube (i don't bother with alot of game consoles nowa days) but i may be tempted to buy one of these sweet machines (which one i am yet to decide , hmmm..... ps3 , xbox360 or this console)

after seeing the might of the cell processor that the ps3 will use , i am interested to see the specs of this console and what it is capable of doing , and what good games come out on each of the new consoles (certain games perswade a buyer who does not own a console to go buy it)

we can only wait and see what the future holds for us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom