Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do prefer the Playstation but that is neither here nor there. I don't want to start a flame war, but I will respond to some of these remarks just to make the point.

Metal Gear Solid 1 is very different from Metal Gear Solid 2, for example. Both were also completely different from their previous franchise incarnations.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (while easily one of the best mario games ever) is still Super Mario Bros. 3...and it's been put out in more than half a dozen different versions. No updated graphics...no new features...the same exact game. And it's the nintendo fans who lose out, fans like yourself who I personally see, as someone with a lot of marketing and advertising background, have payed for it gladly, several times, without cause.

To me that kind of stuff is just taking advantage.

My point was only this: they are trying to force this change in order to take themselves out of the line of fire between the other systems. There is nothing revolutionary about it--they simply haven't got the stones to withstand the impact of the big monsters that have invaded what was once their uncontested territory. They are trying to find a new niche where they will be safe and secure; nothing more, nothing less.

Now maybe we should curb this type of talk. I don't want anyone--not even myself--to derail this thread, as it's not fair to those who wish to post in it.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
Alea you mention about remaking old games and stuff, well youre a PlayStation fanperson as ive gathered from most of your contributions in threads like this, but doesnt every console do this? Sure Xbox doesnt have a chance to do this, but Nintendo havent really beeen remaking games as much as you have exagerated. How many GT games do you need with all that has changed is graphics and a few new cars? How many MGS games do you need aas well? It's all the same, and thats all in the past. Look to the future please and be open minded. You also claim there is more interest in the PS3/Xbox360. You dont know that. You just assume that because of your fanbased opinions. Even if the system isnt as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox360 or whatever, the PS2 had a ****ty system compared to the Xbox and GameCub, but still managed to pull through with stunning games such as MGS2 and 3, and Devil May Cry games. and of course, Resident Evil.
I'm not really pro-Sony or pro-Microsoft, or pro-anything. But I do despise Nintendo's policies regarding third-party game development, and their refusal to get with the times in terms of media storage, game maturity and their shameless accessorizing. I mentioned this in another thread--you can't compare the level to which Nintendo has remade games (70+ Mario games?) versus 4 MGS games.

I based my judgement of more interest in the PS3/XB360 on what -this forum-has shown, and that shows that I'm right. You're right that PS2 did a lot with a weak system--mostly because even though it was weak and hard to program for, Sony was very liberal with third-party software companies, which made it the prime system to develop for.

I mentioned in my last post, that I welcome the revolution if it is truly revolutionary. But fan-boys (not Gameinformer--the Article writer) with no real evidence, are illogical.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Alea about Nintendo's contributing in the past...

Anyone here remember the reason why Squaresoft stopped making games for Nintendo?

As far as Consoles go. I think Sony has managed to do their best in the gaming department, They've released countless numbers of action/adventure games. And not to mention those third party development companies who have made games for the Playstation.

When the PS was first released I had alot of ego towards the Nintendo 64. Graphics just surpassed PS's, Plus the titles I really found enjoyable were Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye 007 & Turok... But when I think about it... That was it. Those were really the only games that I really enjoyed.

Playstation had an archive of games with not-so great GFX and crappy loading time but it was still good. There was also a time where I simply preferred Cartidges over CD's. Simply because of Loads times and because they can last longer than CD's. In the end I found both my Playstation & my Saturn to be more enjoyable.

Its a shame though that people clouded their minds over the Gamecube, the last year of the PS2, GCN & Xbox... And people realize how good Gamecube actually is... Or was at this point. I never really care for the Xbox (mainly cause I hate Microsoft). Though there are some games that was exclusively for Xbox only that I would've liked to see on the PS2... Not to mention nearly every online Fighting Game that you can play only has Online on the Xbox version...

SF: Anniversary Collection
SvC: Chaos
DoA: Ultimate

It wasn't fair :\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I do prefer the Playstation but that is neither here nor there. I don't want to start a flame war, but I will respond to some of these remarks just to make the point.

Metal Gear Solid 1 is very different from Metal Gear Solid 2, for example. Both were also completely different from their previous franchise incarnations.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (while easily one of the best mario games ever) is still Super Mario Bros. 3...and it's been put out in more than half a dozen different versions. No updated graphics...no new features...the same exact game. And it's the nintendo fans who lose out, fans like yourself who I personally see, as someone with a lot of marketing and advertising background, have payed for it gladly, several times, without cause.

To me that kind of stuff is just taking advantage.

My point was only this: they are trying to force this change in order to take themselves out of the line of fire between the other systems. There is nothing revolutionary about it--they simply haven't got the stones to withstand the impact of the big monsters that have invaded what was once their uncontested territory. They are trying to find a new niche where they will be safe and secure; nothing more, nothing less.

Now maybe we should curb this type of talk. I don't want anyone--not even myself--to derail this thread, as it's not fair to those who wish to post in it.

why would it start a flame war ? (maybe a debate , gammers who worship mario vs the gamers that love crash bandicoot vs Halo) 64 games i enjoyed were pokemon stadium 2 (the first one was crap) super smash bros , goldeneye 007 & super mario 64 (at times when i was bored it was funny , heck i luved to see mario haves his ass set on fire) & ofocurse , who couldn't have a nintendo console without some version of mario kart ;) ps games , well , alot of them i enjoyed i don't remeber the names of them thou

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright all. Let's get this thread back on track and try and keep it to directly Nintendo/Revolution-related stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
has any1 herd of what the hardware specs are gonna be like for this nintendo console ? (i wonder if nintendo will still be having ati make their game chips for future consoles , as they have done with the gamecube) hopefully nintendo will have a change of heart with delveloper's and hopefully , they will get back in the popular ownage game titles , heck , other titles for other consoles make every1 buy it , so why can't nintendo attract that sort of attention with something other then pokemon or zelda (ofcourse you can see nintendo releasing pokemon , zelda & mario games no matter what they do or for what platform they are for , whether it be handheld or home console)

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
That article doesn't even really make sense. It's also contradictory to what Nintendo, as a company, is. It's titled "Nintendo Was Right," but he admits he hasn't actually seen much, if anything, of the Revolution.

He's citing Nintendo as being revolutionary in this field, depsite Nintendo was the company originally known for milking their classic franchises to the point of absurdity?

I can't speak for HIS experiences, but almost everyone I know has ignored the Revolution in favor of the XB360/PS3, and the PS3 has been the most talked about subject. Just look at this forum! People were AMAZED by the Killzone 2 preview. The FF7 Technical demo. How many Revolution threads are there, compared to PS3 threads? How many of those Revolution threads have you yourself -not- created?

The same as above. Almost all the gamers here have expressed more interest in the PS3. The only thing the Revolution has going for it is the "mystery" behind Nintendo's immense claims that it will be revolutionary--just like they claimed the DS's dual screens would be, but didn't.

He's saying that backwards compatability/adding DVD/etc isn't the way of the future, isn't revolutionary. But that's what Nintendo has done--they've taken the same backwards compataiblity Sony was already offering by making the Revolution backwards compatible with Gamecube, and with the archiving of SNES/NES/etc games.

And in fact, right here, he admits he's a hype-believing fanboy without having seen the real product or Nintendo really revealing any significant information about the games.

That article isn't "deep." It's a fanboy, and a sucker for propaganda-driven "mystery and conjecture" about what really will be revolutionary. It screams "Band-wagon."

If Nintendo really manages to revolutionize the gaming industry, despite game sales being at an all time high (Halo 2 outselling Spiderman 2, etc), then I think everyone will be equally surprised. But do you really think they'll be doing it with a system only 3x as powerful as the Gamecube, which wasn't that powerful compared to the original X-Box anyway?
Thx for translating that SailorAlea XD o/ !
Yeah, I think Nintendo is pulling stuff out of their a**'s right now..
I don't plan on getting any console right now =\
about the Nintendo Revolution, I have better thing's to do then play old boring game's over and over again ><

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no-one cares what you want to do. Take Pride's advice and contribute positively

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember reading on GMR magazine a couple of month back (sometime around the end of 2004) when they first announced the new Nintendo's "Codename" [Revolution].

They said that Nintendo is in the dark for a reason... Who knows what we'll expect from the Revolution. But Nintendo might end up surpising us in the end.

I mean the Gamecube was a really powerful system... Its just that the first games that were released for it - they really didn't show you the full graphical potential of the system, till games like the Resident Evil remake came along.

Pikmin... I cant get over that ****, and that batman game was lame too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The GB Micro is nothing more than a GBA with reduced size.

The Revolution has a small plate on the top that can be flipped open to reveal two memory card slots and four controller ports that look a lot like NGC ports. I was told the Revolution is compatible with Gamecube controllers.

Furthermore, I read something about Nintendo releasing its ENTIRE library of NES, SNES and N64 games for download, on the Revolution. I do not know if this means that only Nintendo games, such as Super Mario Bros. will be downloadable, but it would be very nice if I was able to download, say, Megaman X through X3, for the SNES.

The DS will be wirelessly compatible with the Revolution, and I read something about Nintendo planning to set up DS hot-spots throughout the nation, acting as a catalyst to improve the range of DS units, to allow people to find a DS partner far more easily.

I got all my info from www.gamespot.com, I suggest y'all take a look before jumping to conclusions.

-Shiyojin Rommyu-

Best answers
I'm waiting for the day SEGA announces a new console that comepletely pwns Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. :D

Seriously though, the Revolution.

From what I read, I'm not sure why they're calling it the Revolution. Maybe to trick us into thinking there's something new here? Alea and co. are right, Nintendo does just rehash old franchises to death, moreso than any other company out there (Mario Party 7? What the hell? I didn't even play 1... :/). The Revolution doesn't seem to be any different from where I'm sitting. I can't say I'm not excited about a New Zelda (or that new Fire Emblem game mention in the Press Conference :D) but eventually, they're gonna have to come up with something new.

Right now, Nintendo's greatest strength is it's past. It's had a lot of great, classic games, and equally great consoles, but there's a point where they can't live off of that anymore. Come on Nintendo, get your act together, and show us an actual Revolution.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an idea, why not wait for them to TELL YOU SOMETHING or better yet WAIT FOR THE SYSTEMS TO COME OUT, before you start judging what they will be like. Yes we all know Nintendo's past. We all know what they did. But I do think that Nintendo called it codename "revolution" for a reason. Perhaps they have something up your sleaves. the first 1 1/2 pages of this thread were "omg that looks awsome, the games might be great, let's wait and see" then alea comes along to contradict and dis nintendo based on nintendo's history! And now everyone's like "i want ps3 more now"

Why not wait for the damn thing to be released before you make your judgements. It's like making a voting thread "which do you like more Half life 3 or (insert some other really awsome game here)"

Try being hopeful for all three, from what i hear all three will be awsome. I see PS3 and from what i "HEAR" it sounds like an awsome console, same with the xbox. Same with Revolution. Try making judgements on what you hear NOW, not what you've heard about the company in the past.

Best answers
Well in anycase, to get back on-topic. These screenshots were supposedly leaked and are in any case suppose to be real. Some people said they were in-game shots some said they pre-rendered in-games shots and some say that there fake, you be the judge.

Resident Evil

Zelda

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer: New Leaked Revolution Game ScreenShots said:
That's not the only thing that leaked...I need new pants now :O

I don't know why that shot in particular, the other two are these epic, majestic sweeping shots we tend to see all the time when games show off, so to see a realistic setting in such detail made my jaw drop, and I don't even like Nintendo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok i'm officially getting the revolution and the ps3, if these are the graphics on the revloution, there is no way anyone can say "that console sucks" i'm afraid to know what the xbox's graphics will look like. :(

Best answers
That pretty much what i was saying at first when i saw the images up until now acourse when i read this interview. Im sure some of you guys already know this but this is new too me and it's really dissapointing. It turns out that the revolutionary aspect of the nintendo revolution is only the revolution's controller. That's just crazy, it better be on hell of a damn game controller i know that. I saw it in this recent interview.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617000p1.html

They also don't seem to wanna awsner any questions at all, this guy had an excuse for everything and there's rumours flying around on diffrent boards about the fake video we saw with the virtual reality thing, that was circulating fast up until now when they themselves announced that it wasn't true and that turned alot of people away. I think them holding out on the fans is really doing them more bad then good myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IGNcube: Coming back to power. We apologize, but if we don't get some answers our readers are going to go insane. What are the tech specs for Revolution? Or, to put it another way, is Revolution as powerful as Xbox 360?

Shigeru Miyamoto: You know, in regard to the power of the Nintendo Revolution versus, say, the Xbox 360, we're looking at making a small, quiet, affordable console.
That made me laugh a bit, he could've just as easily said "No." :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the above screenshots are great, but i hope they aren't cg cut scene only gaphics, cuz if they are cutscene only graphics, teh gamecube could proabably already do that.

I don't really care too much if revolution will be the lowest of the 3 when it comes to graphics, gameplay matters to a much greater extent in my opion, for exampel, id reather play capcom vs marvel 2 than Tekken or Soul Calibur any day.

But as one of the people said her before, yeah the system itself looks fantastic, but you cant have fun with a console without the game. I don't want a flood of remakes, bunchs of sports game when the differences are so insignifigant it wouldn't matter, cliche' adventure games, boring ass fighting games with no unique play, or any bs like that. Gamecube had great launch games, so i'd expect Revolution to have ground breaking games, such as, a fighting game that will get thousands of players hooked and isnt just limited to left right, guard punch kick. An adventure game that flexes the potential of the revolution, and in the near future of that, an RPG showing off how deep the revolution an go in graphics and more unique rpgs that go beyond "attack defend item runaway"

Such high expectations...Guess i'm starting to get bored with some newer video games.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
That pretty much what i was saying at first when i saw the images up until now acourse when i read this interview. Im sure some of you guys already know this but this is new too me and it's really dissapointing. It turns out that the revolutionary aspect of the nintendo revolution is only the revolution's controller. That's just crazy, it better be on hell of a damn game controller i know that. I saw it in this recent interview.
Not once, in that interview, does it say that the only revolutionary aspect is the controlled. The question posed is "We're all assuming that the revolutionary aspect of Revolution is the controller. Do you know what the Revolution is yet or are you still trying to figure that out?"

Miyamoto doesn't actually say much more about the rest of the system other than that the "Revolution" part has been decided and is set in stone. Not once did he say that the only ground-breaking part is the controller.

And yeah, Ravendust, it was kind of amusing how he avoided directly saying "no" :)

However, power doesn't define a system to me, so I'm going to listen up for more news about this console, particularly if it will be a bit cheaper (because then I can afford to get at least 2 of the next gen consoles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom