New advanced melee idea (Yes another, I hope its simple enough)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
New advanced melee idea (I think its simple enough | No replys??)

This is gonna be pretty simple I think, the animations will take more time.

Every character has the same styles which you can differ from the character stance animation (Kung Fu style. Every character has different animation even if its the same style, its cooler)

It switches like you choose Kamehameha and everything else.

Examples:
stance 1) Specializing in medium - slow speed stunning hits
stance 2) Powerful knockback hits chargeable (speed is determined by charge) more charge the more distance it goes and the more damage. Good for series of knockbacks like the show with Zanzoken(teleport) and stuff
stance 3) Fast and weak hits

If you want you can put different speed of running for each stance.

And there could be lots of more stances, maybe a few different styles for each character (Androids and stuff like that should have only street style)

You hit be left clicking(Punches) and direction and right clicking and direction (kicks) When you release mouse you walk as usual.

KICKS ARE SLOWER!!! and stronger.

And yes I do mean, hit the air possible (Like just clicking and you dont need someone around to hit)

Its free and interrupt able, not like the shield bubbles in 1.2 and stuff like that.

Second thing is dodging, which is too possible all the time, don't need to be near someone to dodge. Of course each character and his own way of dodging(rolling, hopping sideways and like that) The buttons will be something like
"K" button dodge left
"L" button dodge right

The Third thing is to make Zanzoken (Teleport) a bit different: since its super fast movement and not teleportation you should see your character as fade and see it moves in a very fast movement and this way you know where to stop and less of gambling on about where it supposed to stop so I can hit him. Do this kind at least on the advanced melee.

Edit: "After reading See reply number 8, its idea continue and edit"

Hope you like it, Salute! :devsmile::devil:

Reply are very important to me!! please reply:yes::laff::cool::fight::p:devil:

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:yes: I agree with many suggestions. The teleport system seems cool. And the 3 diferent kinds of melee atack are not bad either. Its a nice beggining.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thank you Snowm@n. The team and the other people are also welcome to reply of course. ESPECIALLY THE TEAM MUAAHAHHA

:fight:

Edit: Wow no responses, its a bad idea? you know you should reply even if you got a negative opinion about the idea.

I wanna know what you people think!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
haha sounds the same as that newer mortal kombat game.. where you had 3 stances: 2 fighting styles, and a weapon mode.

It does seem a little complicated though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The idea is Great !!
the melee system in ESF should be more varied

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I was just told that it needs to be tweaking.

But was it used in a prior version of ESF? (I started at 1.2)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A similar thing was used in the alphas.

Without the actuall stances.

Basic melee was done for a reason.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm, yeah I thought about it, and I think the problem was over sensitive of the mouse and keyboard. And if you want I think I tweaked some of it. here ya go:

Now you can't hit whenever you want (You can still dodge though, same way)

+Theres a radius between 2 players that will initiate this thing, then you can choose stances and such (As stated above in the thread) AND the sensitivity of the mouse will be reduced as well to a reasonable sensetivity.
+You can only dash, run, teleport and Hoover, no swoop.
+Something bold will mark that this too are currently on advanced melee.
+If someone gets out of this radius he gets back to normal.

So the mouse sensitivity will be changed when they are close to a reasonable one for close range combat.

The dodging stays as it is.

Oh and countering will be simple, you defend, you see an open spot attack :)(Charge delay, time gaps between punches and such)

Actually I think this fixes it, I think this should be as a try.

Oh AND THE TELEPORT THING I ALREADY SUGGESTED SHOULD BE NOTICED, IT WILL BE LIKE THE PROGRAM, super fast movement and not teleportation. It also helps in doing accurate basic melee attacks.

OH AND ANOTHER THING!:!:!: Stamina usage: Each attack drops you a bit of stamina, the stronger the hit, the more stamina it takes, (From my fighting experience) Kicks take more stamina like 1.5x. You start gaining stamina after not doing anything for 3 seconds then the meter start to fill up again slowly.

And I don't know yet if this should be interrupt able.. So you guys should suggest stuff also

Wow I really think this thing is DBZish, MY IMAGINATION EXPLODES

REPLY REPLY REPLY!

By the way Grega or any other team member if they want to do instant messaging talk to make this idea work and go for the test?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And I don't know yet if this should be interrupt able.. So you guys should suggest stuff also
I think it should be interrupt able :smile:
to prevent laming

The Third thing is to make Zanzoken (Teleport) a bit different: since its super fast movement and not teleportation you should see your character as fade and see it moves in a very fast movement and this way you know where to stop and less of gambling on about where it supposed to stop so I can hit him. Do this kind at least on the advanced melee.
If it is real to add i'd love to see it in the game

The concept of the whole idea is GREAT

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thanks

Man if I was a coder id surely help. Like I see the all game in my imagination works so well with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom