[Old PotW] Namek, water and the suns.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's beautiful, i would like to go in the capsule to train with more gravity (It's the good words?)

Best answers
I like the map, but as seen in trailers, animations are pretty bad in ESF.. any particular reason for that or it's just a mistake?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You are serious? It's your opinion, the animation, model, map, everyone, are very better than before. Think, see and respect the numbers of hours each member of team had doing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though one thing iludes me. Where in Gods name did you see 3 suns. There is only 1 sun in the map.

What you probably see as a second sun is the bloom effect on the yellowish white clouds.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks great! Keep up the good work. I progress you guys are making is unbelievable.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yup... first one all the way. We should revert back to that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The new one looks much better, we should definetaly keep the new one, but tone down the bloom effects. :)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Repeat after me: SAAAARCAAASM!

And, yes, there's too much bloom in the pic, but as long as it's user defined I don't care.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Repeat after me: SAAAARCAAASM!

And, yes, there's too much bloom in the pic, but as long as it's user defined I don't care.
Its mapper defined. And Raven messed with it when he worked on ze shaders XD

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was referring to the last wip pics released of this map. Not 1.2.3... lol :)
The first map is from 1.3 OB. later added to 1.2.3. but I understood your point ;)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pictures like these that make me wish I could run that map at a decent frame rate ^^.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except it doesn't take 2 frames to render 1 :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only 'complaint' I have is that the waves should be like...3 times bigger. The size of these waves are more like small ripples of a leaf in a pond. Proportions of that are a bit off, if you are talking about a big sea. And, would it be possible to add a sort of..wavey texture on top of the water, in a similar way HL2 does? It would make the water look more diverse (in combination with the larger waves), realistic and more interesting in views like these, where you see large bodies of water at the same time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only 'complaint' I have is that the waves should be like...3 times bigger. The size of these waves are more like small ripples of a leaf in a pond. Proportions of that are a bit off, if you are talking about a big sea. And, would it be possible to add a sort of..wavey texture on top of the water, in a similar way HL2 does? It would make the water look more diverse (in combination with the larger waves), realistic and more interesting in views like these, where you see large bodies of water at the same time.
If i understood that dcorrectly, you just want to tone down the distortion of the water surface right ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somewhat, yeah. In essence, upscale the distortion so you have less distortion, but larger pieces of distortion going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom