[Old PotW] Namek, water and the suns.

Sonic The Hedgehog
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice

wow nice map design, keep up that good work.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All this water has me wondering, is there any difference to fighting underwater as opposed to in the air?

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a very interesting question.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess he meant difference in speed( of everything).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh, speed is more or less the same, we will have awsome updates bout every map we did, everything will be showed , explained there along with a movie/pics.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is a HL1 Mod not a Science/Physics mod xD

I think that fighting underwater shouldnt have any negative effects except maybe for breathing for some characters.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a HL1 Mod not a Science/Physics mod xD

I think that fighting underwater shouldnt have any negative effects except maybe for breathing for some characters.
Breathing in a highspeed action game would be annoying. Slow down the travel speed of beams, and maybe slow down melee or something a bit.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slow down the travel speed of beams, and maybe slow down melee or something a bit.
Definitely because there's a difference in density between air and water.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't think anything "magical" should be affected by water. I'd rather see swooping, beams, etc have no effect from water.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slow down the travel speed of beams, and maybe slow down melee or something a bit.
Would it really make a difference for characters who trained among 100Gs?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Six pages and no one noticed this?

This doesn't look like water, it looks like ice!

Might be the lack of animation though

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Six pages and no one noticed this?

This doesn't look like water, it looks like ice!

Might be the lack of animation though
I noticed it :p
That's why i said that it looks flat.
Anyway i hope i will be able to turn these options off or change it to my own preference. I liked how the game looked in the christmas vid better. Had more of an anime feel to it. This just looks too consolified/"realistic" imho

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can turn off some stuff. But do remember that ESF has a semi realistic art style.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can turn off some stuff. But do remember that ESF has a semi realistic art style.
Well i did notice some 1.3 final POTW's that had cell shading,outlines,.. i mean the anime/manga style look.. and i'm hoping that i'd be able to get it to look like that when it comes out. The one thing that i kept seeing posted is that the player will have a lot of choices regarding the look of the game, and seeing all the shaders and other stuff you guys have shown in the updates i hope you don't "lock" the options to your own preference. While some might like the realistic look, others in the other hand prefer the anime/manga style that was in the console games. If possible i think most of us would like to have a large selection of graphical options so we could tweak and make the game look how we want it to look. I hope you don't get offended, this is just my opinion. In the POTW's and update screenshots/videos(most notably the christmas video and the soaring over the cell games map video) i though you've achieved the perfect balance between the anime/manga look and somewhat "realistic" look while the latest one(this one) doesn't really look like dragon ball to me

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The outlines are not cell shading. They are outlines and you can turn them on or off. But the textures themselves remain semi realistic, rather than cell shaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom