My new bots

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have your bots and I must say there good in all but i have one problem.

All they do is beam. the only char that meeles me is Freiza and he only does it when I get close to him I guess i sould get the version 3 download.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well for the download if it doesn't work make sure your download manager/accelarator is off because i couldn't download it ether when download accelerator plus was on but it worked when I turned it off If you can't download it either then mail me

And for the site Lycos seems to have problems for some reason, I can't edit my site well... thats wy it isn't on the main page

Best answers
hey do you want any waypoints i make? I could send them to you if you want, to put on your site... up to you...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
hey do you want any waypoints i make? I could send them to you if you want, to put on your site... up to you...
Ofcourse !

I will check them and if they're good I include them in the next version and put them on my site (wich will be probely another one, stupid lycos :cry: )

/*EDIT*/

Well I've deleted the old site and make a new one just the same link the patch is now availbele on the download section.

Best answers
waypointing for ESF is actually really easy, because all you have to do is cover one level of the map, maybe 2, but cover the ENTIRE map, because as soon as a bot sees a person it stops using the waypoints anyway. At least that was the way it was for Pod Bot

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
waypointing for ESF is actually really easy, because all you have to do is cover one level of the map, maybe 2, but cover the ENTIRE map, because as soon as a bot sees a person it stops using the waypoints anyway. At least that was the way it was for Pod Bot
Yep thats right :)

So if someone else want to make some its not difficult...

Best answers
Originally posted by RedSaiya
you dont need waypoints.... :S
no they dont NEED waypoitns, but without them the bots often become stuck or will simply run around the edges of the map or something, and they wont be able to find you.

This was your 100th post? YAY!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would I add some way points. When I play the baots only attach me when I get close other wise they will onlty go wondering around the map.;(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Snow1586
How would I add some way points. When I play the baots only attach me when I get close other wise they will onlty go wondering around the map.;(
Make sure that all waypoints are connected. For example you have 2 waypoints A and B. If you add waypoint B and you look to waypoint A and you see its connected then go to waypoint A and look to waypoint B and make sure thats connected to. So in other words B could be connected to A but A not with B. And make sure that if you're ready save them(duh) and then go to the main menu of ESF (where you start) and then start the level again (this to reset everything). Hope you understand it and you could look for an example in esf_cell_day

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just talking about how popular this thread this.

Hey man ik wist niet dat je uit nederland kwam! Deze thread word nu wel erg populair en ik kan zien waarom, jou bots zijn best goed in een 1 tegen 1 strijd. Ennuh wanneer ligt versie 4 op de planken?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by cold steel
Just talking about how popular this thread this.

Hey man ik wist niet dat je uit nederland kwam! Deze thread word nu wel erg populair en ik kan zien waarom, jou bots zijn best goed in een 1 tegen 1 strijd. Ennuh wanneer ligt versie 4 op de planken?
Nice that you can speak dutch and thanx but keep it english for the people who don't speak dutch :rolleyes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeah ur right these bots do kick ass but they dont kick my ass ;) they are a bit too weak

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if they cant kick your ass I will (LMAO) My name is =-}V{-= Gotenks used to be Snow1586 I think I have played you before.o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very nice!

3 suggestions:

1. make a melee mode where they tend to melee and not just keep doing cheap un dodgable generic beams...

2. make them block and counter! it important! also make it so they dont teleport spam when i try to melee them

3. make the bots more stable! i got rid of bots for a bit so i could play against humans, and it LAGGED! my servers are usually quite good but everyone complained!

Best answers
I thought it already came with melee configuration,it was in the menu....

try typing this in console while playing with bots to fix the beam-spamming:

bot_melee_percent 90

if it's a bit too high you can set it to 85,70 is the default value

and if they are a 'cheap' try this

botskill 1

of course he could make them even harder to play in the next version....right??And I usually don't lag with the bots.....must be your configurations,try setting your sv_maxrate a bit higher

EDIT: I hope you do Hibiki,these bots are gewd!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i supose at some point i should sticky this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom