My new bots

Best answers
lol,you took my idea of writing a waypointing faq....

BUG: After making waypoints and not restarting ESF,bots don't do anything except move around
Fix: Restart ESF and run the map which you just wped

Best answers
I've got an idea:
How about when the bots act different? One bot does melee all the time, another one beams, one does both things...:]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Liquit Snake
I've got an idea:
How about when the bots act different? One bot does melee all the time, another one beams, one does both things...:]
So in other words every bot got is own melee percent right ?
That's very easy to do ! I think I will do that if someone has any other(possible) suggestions please give them :yes:

Best answers
how come some bots just move around in one spot and fire random blasts in any direction o_O :confused:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by REALM
how come some bots just move around in one spot and fire random blasts in any direction o_O :confused:
I don't know never seen wich version do you use ?
Try to melee them maybe they stop firing then

Best answers
also how do u make the bots harder??????????????
there too easy:cry: :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can change it in the menu. You open the menu by hitting the = key. Then go to advanced options. Changing the melee percent make them better to. Change it to 80 percent or something. You can also do this in the menu under the advanced options. You can also open the console and type botskill x where x is a number between 1-5 5 is worst 1 is best. Type bot_melee_percent x to change the percent into x (where x is a number between 0-100 duh) And if they're then not good enough choose team mode open a map like cell_day or s2k_snakeway and add 7 bots to the enemy team ;) or wait until i've released a new version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I make them harder will they meele more or will htey shoot mor beams at me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends on he settings, in the next version will they be able to block? because thats one of the only things they cant do, i say dont let them use the frieza disk, whoo needs disk whoring bots too?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by uslessresponse
depends on he settings, in the next version will they be able to block? because thats one of the only things they cant do, i say dont let them use the frieza disk, whoo needs disk whoring bots too?
Well i'm now working on the bots ears. So if they can hear a beam coming they can block it or teleport away. I know they teleport much but a block struggle isn't always that effective so if they here a beam like a gallit gun the chance they teleport away is bigger then something like a ki blast

Best answers
Anyone else have my problem? When I installed Kibot with the automatic installer.. I also re-placed the ki-bot.dll with the newer version. But when I start a lan game or any old internet game for that matter.. it crashes in the console before loading up. It says "Half-life has performed an illegal operation." Then when I try to play again the game won't come up at all. So when I go to hit restart an error pops up "DDE server, end task?"

Now I know it isn't lan or creating a server in general because I play DoD and all those other mods just fine. But when it comes to ESF I have trouble making a lan or internet game.. and I was never able to try out ki_bot v3. V2 worked.. but when I installed V3 it won't load up without crashing before even showing the level.

any help or suggestions?

Best answers
I think the bots beam to often and they are very hard to deafeat if you are shot from every side all over the game!!!
(botkskill 4) and wheres a menu i've only downloaded a dll

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
press shift = if just pressing it doesnt work, i just found that out this morning

Best answers
Originally posted by DemonFox354
Anyone else have my problem? When I installed Kibot with the automatic installer.. I also re-placed the ki-bot.dll with the newer version. But when I start a lan game or any old internet game for that matter.. it crashes in the console before loading up. It says "Half-life has performed an illegal operation." Then when I try to play again the game won't come up at all. So when I go to hit restart an error pops up "DDE server, end task?"

Now I know it isn't lan or creating a server in general because I play DoD and all those other mods just fine. But when it comes to ESF I have trouble making a lan or internet game.. and I was never able to try out ki_bot v3. V2 worked.. but when I installed V3 it won't load up without crashing before even showing the level.

any help or suggestions?
Redownload it,that's all I can say or you'll have to get stuck with Blade's bots or no bots at all(no offense)

Try redownloading it from my site too,it's KiBot v3.1

http://www.geocities.com/kaiser_neo/ESF/

EDIT: OK,I've read through your post thoroughly and you said it was the installer.....somehow some PCs don't like the installer(like mine) and bug up the dll file,download the zip file and you should have no problem

Best answers
3 PROBLEMS AND 1 QUESTION 1.sometimes when a bot charges for a spiritbomb they charge and whe u swoop they teleport but they let go off the beam and it doesen't fire. 2. sometime when i add bot on cell_day they just stand there and do nutin. 3. they don't charge up no more when they do heaps of beams 4=?. when the new version coms out well they have alimit of teleporting and have to charge up???????....

Best answers
the bots do recharge, just they wont do it when you are atacking them. If you want them to recharge, leave them alone ;)
I dunno whats wrong with your bots on esf_cell_day
You can change the melee/beam usage of the bots. Just go to the bot menu and select the 'advanced' option and ou will see it

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they would not teleport that much they would real pushovers. When i got them the first time i agreed with you, but i like em now just the way they are.

Best answers
your bots scared the hell outta me i made my own server then as soon as i did it 4 bots came in names cell gohan goku and frieza and cell and gohan were talking....and it freaked me out till i figured out they were the new bots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom