My Esf crashes after only a couple of minutes!

Best answers
My Esf crashes after a couple of minutes of gameplay! (This occurs to most hl mods Im playing)! sometimes and can play for 30 minutes...other times it crashes after 3-4 minutes! I would like to get any help on this!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have a password for your Windows Account (for some reason, having one fixed this problem for me o_o).

Best answers
The problem is perhaps that you are running in Software mode. ESF (and maybe other mods but defiantely esf) will crash in software mode.

Best answers
i have the same problem, a similar topic in this forum, and NO solution :(

Best answers
we'll reinstall your hl game because if its all your mods its your game

Best answers
Bihal said:
The problem is perhaps that you are running in Software mode. ESF (and maybe other mods but defiantely esf) will crash in software mode.
yeap
use opengl if u havent already
if u have it on opengl already try cl_fxquality 1

Best answers
Im am using OpenGl and there might be a problem with my hl game....but steam hl is this way too!!! I think it is some kind of background program running who crash hl!

Best answers
Can it be your computer, the graphic card is not good enough or your pc is too slow?

Best answers
If your graphics card or processor is overclocked, then Half-life (especially if you're running XP) will crash to desktop. A lot.

Best answers
Well my comp is a Amd Athlon 1.80 ghz with 512 ddr ram...don't think thats the problem...it crash most freqguently when Im playing with bots...saying and error has occurred in Esf_Bot.dll

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My comp is an Pentium 4 3ghz with a gig of DDR ram and a Radeon 9800xt video card and I have the same or a very similar problem. It doesn't happen with NS, and it doesn't happen with TS, but it happens with ESF in both WON and on Steam. I start playing, I get good framerate for a while, things are ok for a couple of minutes, then the framerate starts to drop, I start getting jagged gameplay, then it gets a little worse, then a lot worse, then eventually it freezes completely. Sound like a memory leak?

I've tried reinstalling ESF in the past and it hasn't changed the problem. Back when I had an Nvidia card I had the same problem but it took much longer for the game to crash than it does with my Radeon 9800, and this is an entirely different PC. That was an AMD processor, this is a Pentium, that was SD ram this is DD ram, Nvidia and Radeon, Won and Steam. Obviously with a new PC there must be a new reason why it is crashing, so perhaps someone out there can give us some advice other than "you must be using software mode or have a crappy computer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom