Modeling Competition 4 - Your own Final Fantasy Character ( 14.11.05 - 14.12.05

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
huh whats ripped? when what where? Dont quit man!
yeah Skiwan i know thats a stupid and silly way of uvwmapping but i checked with the famous checkers and didnt spot any distortion so yeah.. whatever keeps your engine runnin.. besides its not like im gonna win this xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Distortions aren't the only thing you have to worry about when you're uvmapping; the way you have it will cause seams running from the top to the bottom of the model.

fyi, seams are when parts of the texture don't match up in their placement next to each other. If you had a shirt for your character, where it ends at the front and the back could end up being in two different places, making it look really haphazard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think bruno means me,
i made the models head of an tutorial i changed the head tho the hair style still is the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bruno[SCX] said:
please do not rip... =x i wont point at who was just if he removes what he did.
Remind me not to post wires never again
and I quit... makes me sick when people do this...
wow, be a baby about it why not? It's something every 3d artist faces not just you. Acting like a foolish child really fixes the situation, Way to go!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_< .... Cmon Bruno.... dont take it so seriosly.....work on! <_< .... lol Tek already fear bruno :D

cmon Bruno! ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
>_< .... Cmon Bruno.... dont take it so seriosly.....work on! <_< .... lol Tek already fear bruno :D

cmon Bruno! ;)
***** please, You've not seen what I have cooking up in the Ole Tek oven. My entry Won't be posted till the deadline day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets keep the language down if we want to keep this, and any future competitions open shall we?

bruno is well within his rights to voice his complaint. the next person who does it will recieve a warning.

Best answers
i starting to remember how to model and here is my heavy wip atm:

P.S ignore the top torso only for ref

Best answers
not really more ff10 and ff8 but if it kinda has a KH feel to it power to me :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dv13 >_< the leg on the left side is at the end too fat... make his legy thiner ...

Best answers
Lol if i dont get my damn refs from my concept guy ill do my own concept thingo and see what i come up with :)

oh and at shady-d, i suppose you sent a front picture to one of those "famous checkers" ? and he said it doesnt distort. well it doesnt look distorted from front view because thats all you did to uvmap, back and front mapping which takes pictures of front and back. i bet your side verts are all cluttered up. plus i also second what sa gohan said, there is much more to uvmapping than just a annoying process that you quickly do so you can skin on it. its not just front and back, its like actually "unwraping" it, not just front and back shots dumped onto a map. when you start do more seirous stuff you'll understand :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh i know the basics of uvwmapping, i know how to do it properly however, in this case i might as well do front back cuz its not a complicated model. There is absolutely no overlap or cluttered vertices anywhere... oh well.. guess ill just have 2 post a screen soon..
btw im not really defending for myself cuz i know that front back is the worst way of uvwmapping .. i was just lazy and it happened to work out fine..

Best answers
ok heres the model, theres not really much else i can do to it seein as i only have 9 polys left, ne wayz cred to trowa for the sword concept

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS, that looks like your goku. The sword sucks, and if that is cloud, he looks nothing like him.

Best answers
=__= that wasnt very nice, and first of all nothing you said makes sense, i dont have a goku, and if your talking about trss then the only reason he looks like him is because the colors are the same, and no its not supposed to be cloud and thats why it dosnt look like him >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what you're talking about. So far I like TRSS's the best. Though I will concur that I think the sword could be better.

Best answers
actually sword cant get better really like i said before i only have 9 polys to spare, if you got any ideas the lemme know

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what Fire Phoenix is trying to say is that you could do a different sword concept.

Best answers
anyone like this concept im thinking of using? does it match my guy or is it just out of place?

*weapon is from SWG*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom