Misc bug stuff: 1st/3rd lock, charge bar, unintended explosions, teams, etc etc

Best answers
First and foremost I want to establish that I'm a relative newbie to this; I downloaded the mod less than a week ago, but I really enjoy it. Its cool, its interesting, but it does have some bugs, and i'll put down some info on the ones ive been seeing. (yes I looked at your 'known bugs' list; the stuff here is either semi-new, new, or additional information (or i missed seeing it :) )) Anyway:

I've been frequently getting the bug where it locks you in first person view, and cannot change to third person no matter where you move/how many times you press the key, etc.
I've noticed that this happens by far the most on the maps Namek's end and Lagoon; I believe it is because when you spawn, the third person view is blocked by an object (i.e. spawn in a high place and the ceiling blocks 3rd on lagoon, or spawn underneath one of the hovering rocks or on the wall in nameks end). I also believe it may be in part caused by joining a game server after you disconnect from another, whether you lagged out, the server lagged out/crashed or otherwise.

Due to the time i've spent kindof locked in 1st person, ive come to realize just how hard it is to fight that way; for all beam attacks, the energy trail it casts obscures your vision, and in the case of vegeta's final flash, the charging ball blocks your view entirely too! I dunno if/how youd want to fix this, perhaps by making the trail translucent in first person? *shrug* You could leave it alone too i suppose...just it kindof defeats the purpose of having a first person view at all.

In a similar vein, if you are charging an attack and then the server lags/crashes (frequent with all the disc-users :\ ) then when you join another server, you will still have that charge bar displayed. Its just a picture, not doing anything; you can move around etc as usual, and when you start charging another attack it resets. Just a little thing to fix, low priority.

Lastly, the concept of teams...A lot of complaining's been going around about it, and as i've gotten the nerve to post her once, might as well chalk this down too: the little red symbol you get for being on the 'evil' team is nice, but its all but impossible to see in most situations!! That and you cant tell who is who kindof sux :S At the least, perhaps add to the scores window what class theyre using, mebe make the target thing turn red over people of the opposite team, or even give the evil people a red outline; I'm kindof reaching for solutions here, you know the issue better than I probably, too.

Lessee....anything else to add here...O yeah, this ones actually mildly big; when youre high enough that youre nearly touching the 'ceiling' of the map, sometimes your attacks will detonate upon your casting them, presumably due to the thing which makes them explode upon leaving the map's boundries. This happens when casting down too, and its really annoying; finish powering up a final flash attack, only to have it blow up on you = rather frustrating. Dunno how you can fix that...*shrugs*.

Heh, a rather long post huh? Hope it helps, lookin forward to seeing the new version, thanks!

-CA

Best answers
Heh, one other thing I just remembered; when a person dies they drop whatever sensubeans they had, but if they disconnect/drop, they simply vanish and the beans with them. As i dont *think* the beans regenerate, this might be something to take a look at...cyas!

-CA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no way in hell anyone is going to read all that...

Best answers
So what, would it have been better for me to post like 3 threads on all this stuff? :rolleyes:
My posts tend to be long winded, sorry, but its got some info in there at least. Oh well.
-CA

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read it all, thanks for putting the time and effort into the post:) Currently were trying to get all of these bugs about, but im not sure what we will do about the First person(Which does suck).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A quick fix for First Person Veiw is to move face first into a wall then back up. It usually sets the third person view back to normal.

As for the "det against the ceilling", don't go all the way up. The ent that is your character is what Half Life judges clipping against not the model. So when the ent spawns in the wall for that final flash your in for a nasty suprise.

If your gonna use the sky don't go all the way up. Another couple of feet doesn't matter for the effect your attempting to achieve.

BTW, as long as the punctuation and grammar is correct, I don't mind reading books. :)

Best answers
Like the subject says, I believe I tried that, and I dont think it worked; I'll see again the next time it happens. And I know that you dont *need* to be up against the ceiling (or a wall for that matter) an all, but movin around dodging various attacks & stuffs will sometimes get you to where youre higher than you realize :p

Another thing I'm realizing (dunno youd want to fix this), but when someone is charging a final flash, and while doing so toggles flight on and off so they drop down (like to avoid an attack), then their power ball reemains at the height it was before...kinda wierd :p

And....well I might as well say this anyway, since im here...I think you should change the chargeup process such that when it maxes your shot does not automatically fire; have it wait for you to release the fire key instead. This shows more in the case of frieza's finger laser; it'll fire almost unexpectedly which sux :p You could continue to have it drain a little energy for 'storing' the attack; dunno about as much for the initial charging, but as much as flying or going turbo maybe. Now if you run out of energy that'd be another thing...dunno whether to have it automatically fire or store the attack at the last of your energy (which case youd probably fall to the ground from no flight power :p)....guess you can treat running out of energy like releasing the fire button, for this purpose :)

anyway, thanks for readin all the stuff I rambled on about; love the mod, lookin forward to the next version. cya!

-CA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You got some good and valid points there, and thanks for explaining everything well so that i didnt have to re-read that huge post.

BrunO

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as holding your charge you have to be fast with that right mouse button. I ussualy quickly tap it to slow the fast ones down. It does already take a little ki to hold them up.

The fly button trick is a bug that is gone from the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom