Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
With a small number of ppl in a server (5 or less on a large map, 3 or 2 on a small map) ive found that there is an even amount of melee and beams, and is real fun to play.
Once you get over that limit it can become very anoying (being constantly meleed in the back) and no beams taking place. I dunno or have ne ideas or sugesstions on how to fix this other than play on a server with a large map and few ppl. I do. 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 are the most fun in my oppinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Butif u play like 1 vs 2 u have no chance to win without melee cuz when u PS or BL or even attack 1 guy the second guy kills u.

Best answers
Well, i think i'm not alone in this opinion, but melee is just way too strong, beams and stuff are almost like useless, that's a shame, cuz beamstruggles and stuff won't be used anymore like this.
Furthermore, melee is just very annoying is someone is way better at it then you ;)

Best answers
Maybe beams would be even wit melee if they would knock the player to the wall or ground when shot at just like show instead of the person still swooping at you or standing there.

Best answers
Since when are beams weak? I always take at least one guy out when i fire a beam and very often i get two down. I fought a 1 on four today and took the entire enemy team(4 people for those who can't count) out with one turbo KHH. Beams aren't weak and it's not hard to get one off either. If I feel funny I shoot fully charged beams nonstop only intercepted by powering up and teleporting away from melee fighters. Beams are almost too cheap to use cause you can kill anyone without needing skill, just pl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by FallenAngel

Hey RawFusion you DID read the manual didn't you? it's HOLDING the button NOT CLICKING it like crazy...And it works all of the time for me no problems. I have no problems with using beams even when someone is desperately trying to melee me i still get a blast in his face. So if you can't get off your blasts you should just train more I guess. Also i would like a server list from you beacause i never EVER found a server where the people don't use beams(or almost no for that matter).
He knows that, and he has read the manual, AND he is right, blocking is not any good, some times it works and sometimes it does not, so think before you speak.;/

Best answers
Originally posted by [RAW]Fusion
yay a block that works .1% of the time, melee was fun to me before people started using it, it is far to unstopable and that makes it as naff as the disc's, big bangs and final flashes in the alpha :S, also the fact that you dont need to be anywhere near acurate to hit someone with the melee its got some kind of huge hit area and lastly you can end up right clicking up to 8 times before it works
Pretty much seems to me like he doesn't know how to melee Tepus. Notice the part with clicking 8 times. The .1% block is also ridiculous and saying that melee requires no skill to hit is so funny I'm still laughing after reading it twice. No offense though.

Best answers
Originally posted by FallenAngel
Hey hydrosity. From what you wrote i must assume you're always hovering in the middle of the map with turbo activated and trying to shoot Final Flash's. Of course you'll get knocked down. Try charging beams without turbo and a bit away from the enemy. Most people won't even notice you until its too late. Also evading someone swooping when you are charging a beam is easier than you think(And with Goku its so friggin easy that noone can touch you if you have ki left). I for myself fire a fully charged beam AT LEAST every 2 or 3 minutes and i don't think that's particularly low. Beams shouldn't be nonstop machineguns after all.
um , no i dont, i usually melee cus everyone else does, but if i even try to use any strong beam at any range i never can because of this melee spam. I fire a beam btw about every 10 or more minutes (not including generics)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a rocky map.... (ya know, the one where we see the beam curl around the rock in the movies) Well.... I meleed there. AND LOL.

later I got a good pl and more ppl joined. One FF to rule em all, another to finish it.

Mixing them is cool. melee and FF. With a ocasional BB. :D

Best answers
Ok IMO this is the perfect idea for melee.

1.Ok when locked on-to (targeted) someone the screen should move around slightly to help u keep him/her in your view.

2. Different attacks depending on what your doing. Charging at someone like u do now with primary fire followed by the attack with secondary fire should result in a shoulder tackle kind of thing, knocking yer oponent back. When they are on the floor, you do the flip kick you do know. When they are plumiting out of control and in the air, you should double axe handle em (take both fists, make one big fist and raise it up over yer head and smash it into them) sending them into the ground below. If you didnt charge em and are right in there face and they are standing/running/walking or simply flying than you should go into a new kind of struggle. One that u constantly see happening on dbz with the ultra fast in your face punches kicks and blocks. if your are the one being attacked, primary fire will cause you to stay on the defensive and keep blocking taking minimum damge, should you be winning of course, other wise you will get knocked back and take a bit of damage. Secondary fire should cause you to try and take the offensive and counter attack. Should you win, you will be doing the damage to your oppenent while they try to do either a primary attack counter (stay on D) or secondary and try to re take the offensive. Should you lose, you get knocked back as usual. Should you win you knock back yer oppenent. Of course turbo, S.S/powering up, ect all help you as well.

3. While locked on/targeting press primary and teleport to teleport almost right up to your targeted oponent.

4. Have the people get up a bit faster.

5. On a side note make it so that at the cost of a max ki bar and one power down (s.s to normal) you can get out of certain struggles with minimum damage (namely beam battles).

Plz try not to flame. What do you think? Btw i mnew here so....dont flame if any of this has been said.

Best answers
I REALLY like the idea about the power stuggle with the super fast kick and punches. Thats a great idea. Although, that might be tough on the coders. I don't know how feasible something like that would be.

Best answers
Thanks for the reply, I thought this all up this morning, put it down on paper and after palying a bit of this, battle field 1942 and day of defeat rembered to post it lol. But of all things i want put in, it would be the fast punching and kicking thingy. Although the other stuff would be nice =p

Best answers
there are plenty of chances to use strong beams, i get tons of kills with em, and block works fine lol, trust me when i have like 3-5 on 1s against me, i use it alot, block saves my ass and it works fine, if your ping is high, you might be getting your block up late, thats all, it takes about .5 sec to get it up with no lag at all, meaning around a 50 ping and down, .5-1 sec 0 is almost instant

Best answers
guys guys guys... you should be thankfull for the few melee whores they are easy pl i mean look at em "oh a enemy MELEE!!!"
and you just block his attack knock him away kill him too easy i love em and they usually start to ***** if you kill em like "damn lag" or "block is cheap!!!" that makes it even more fun to beat the crap out of them. and its so easy :rolleyes: and im not even a good player its just melee whores are really sucky players ha ha ha

Best answers
Aww comon only one reply? and 50 somtin views, comin share your thoughts!

Best answers
Originally posted by -:SYMBIOT:-
guys guys guys... you should be thankfull for the few melee whores they are easy pl i mean look at em "oh a enemy MELEE!!!"
and you just block his attack knock him away kill him too easy
Melee whores? Thats what I hear on every noob server I own on because they cant counter it in half a second and I even kill them with beams then use melee and they go back to saying noob just uses melee. If you read on what this mod is all about you would know its melee so stop calling people who use melee "melee whores" or "noobs" because its not for noobs and you have only played esf since it came out so you still have alot to learn how it works . Maybe you need to also find a challange cause the people that are doing melee on you must not know how to hit you from behind or port and hit you where you cant see them. Its all about speed and strategy.

Best answers
Ok i'll share my thoughts..

1.Might get annoying if you wanna target someone else.

2.Good idea....

3.NO.."Melee whores" will take advantage of this..

4.Another no...Image if you get hit in the face and you fly across your room.how much time will it take you to get up? like 2 hours..

5.Since when does deceanding from SSJ to Normal cost ki?

Best answers
What you mean? All i said was to brake a beam battle u need a full bar of Ki and at least one level up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. seems ok but i gotta try it first

2. good this would make people try something other than pheer melee attacks

3. NO!! the pheer melee whores will love this

4. NO AGAIN!!!! again, melee whores will use this to their advantage

5. no....powering down from ssj to normal shouldn't take any energy

Best answers
ARG again, the whole ss power down thing is to break a beam battle if you are losing. I can only imagine if you try to escape a big atomic laser ( :p ) you would use up quite a bit of energy, especialy if you are shooting one to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom