Latest ver. SuperMAN vs. Super SAIYAN...A match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so the real question is goku vs batman!
Okay, Batman's a great martial artist...but he'd still die from a bullet. Unless he's got some Gero-technology or he upgrades his suit with Geromantium (reference from "Buu's Fury" for GBA) he'd get squished. I seem to recall Kid Goku once accidentally defeating an opponent in a tournament by poking him with his finger. Something tells me Batman would meet a similar fate...but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess that was just rhetorical in which case I'm ranting and need to shut up now ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude batman doesnt even have any powers. hes not a super hero.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Batman is just a good martial artist with above average strength, but is otherwise only a human with lot's of tech support. A ki blast would vaporize him as well as the next person, shiny black armor or not.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brolly withstood lava thanks to his shield.
Brolly died after being shot through the sun.... then the kamehameha engulf'd him and became too much. Dbz is full of inconsistencies though.

Superman loses, why? cuz he's strong, but he cant withstand the kind of combat from a super sayian, never.... If goku was fighting him, a sure victory would to be teleporting him to another galaxy and watch the guy wither away without the sun. Heh, i wudnt be surprised if krillin could beat him.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the comment was strictly in poor taste, and so Scruff wins a real warning :warning:. Excellent work Scruff.

Acting on the assumption that both fighters were equal in strength (which is the only way you could even make a comparison to begin with), Goku has the definite advantage of martial arts capabilities and energy attacks, whereas Superman likely has a little more endurance and super human vision. I think that article had the right idea, although Superman does have one definitive advantage: Raw speed. Goku may be a martial artist, but he is no superman. "But Goku can teleport!" No, Goku can't teleport, he can just move faster than the animator wants to draw him. To see a slow zanzoken refer to imperfect Cell vs. Piccolo. Superman can fly around the world in seconds flat, whereas it takes a Saiyan several episodes to fly about ten miles away towards a power source he has detected in the desert.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has instant transmission though, which mean's he can move faster than the speed of light (thats my explaination for moving across the entire universe in a second). Zanzoken is dependant on powerlevel too, if you remember king kai said he couldn't even see how frieza and goku were fighting at the time, whilst superman can move faster than a bullet, dbz characters that moved thousands of times faster couldn't see each other when on different powerlevel terms. They could do this in an instant, where as if you remember it took super man quite a while to gather his speed when he flew around the earth. My guess is superman would have a powerlevel anywhere from 1000 - 10,000 in that case, he wouldn't stand any kind of chance against any super saiyan. He isnt in-destructable either, he's just enhanced on earth.

Best answers
I believe the comment was strictly in poor taste, and so Scruff wins a real warning :warning:. Excellent work Scruff.
o/

Okies, I'll contribute to the thread. A couple people made the argument Supes can't breathe in space, and that used to be true, but as seen as recently as in the Infinite Crisis, he and Earth-2 Superman dragged Superboy-Prime through a red sun. He obviously didn't suffocate, so I can only surmise the writers over at DC have decided he can survive in space again. Might've been one of the changes taken from Birthright.

Goku isn't invulnerable, not like Superman. You see him cut and bruised far too much to be considered endurable on the same level. Superman may be weakened by a red sun, true, but he has flown through one before and still survived, and STILL retained some of his power. Kryptonite is getting old, it's been used so much on him that he's probably quite adept at seeing that **** coming a mile off.

And Gokus power may double or whatever everytime he dies, but a lifetime underneath a yellow sun has charged Supes to the point where he has an almost bottomless well of energy to draw from. He's faster, he's stronger, he's more endurable, he has those super peepers with their incredible telescopic vision, their 'x-ray' vision, their heat vision, and let's not forget, his brain is not only advanced due to it's Kryptonian origins, it also works at much higher speeds due to his abilities. Not only is he smarter than Goku, he's capable of reacting and assessing situations at much faster speeds. He is, for all intents and purposes, better, in every single way.

Goku may well be from a race built to produce warriors, but he still had to train to get his powers. Superman is naturally powerful on Earth thanks to his incredible biology, and that's ON TOP of all the years of training and experience he's had. I'll concede he probably hasn't had as much martial arts training, but he has a Hell of a lot more than you or I, having travelled the globe for many years (not to mention his many years fighting villain after villain).

Basically, Superman would kick ass. Letting loose, I mean, really cutting loose, he would rip Goku apart. It comes down to your personal preference, since they ARE fictional characters, but the Man of Steel wins it for me in the end.

See? I'm a nerd too. I also recognise when an argument is far too nerdy for anyone to handle. :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Superman killed Doomsday, and died shortly after due to his injuries from the battle. Superman was resurrected later on.

That's Doomsday. The guy you are probably talking about is Darkseid.
No, I'm talking about Doomsday. The second time they fought, Superman had to lock him inside of a box for all eternity.

That said, if you're going to use Goku at his best, why not pit him against Superman when he's at his best? You know, when he didn't even have kryptonite as a weakness? All Goku has to do is kill 1 person while hes firing a huge beam and Supes will go into that rage he tends to go into, and he'll stop asking "Wtf are you doing?"

If Superman can defeat the Hulk, Superman can defeat Goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It still depends on what time of DragonBall Z you are taking him from.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ehm Goku somewhere begin Dragonball was strong enough to take bullets. By the time Radditz was around he was strong enough to blow up mountains.
Nice reminder Radditz could already move faster then the speed of light.(Remember Piccolo saying; "He's faster then the speed of light", which means Goku certainly could at late Saiyan Saga)
When we get to the part when Goku had to fight Vegeta and Nappa he was strong enough to blow up whole planets.
At Freeza saga he fights against Freeza(And Goku is stronger then him, Goku just cant breathe in outer space) who can survive a planet's destruction AND being cut in 2 just before that.
Now I can rant on to Buu saga, but we already clearly see that when Goku fought Radditz, Superman already would have a very hard time beating Goku.

Superman is no match at all.

Best answers
useless theread imo but anyways here you go : "you can't go over Dragonball Z".

that's well known .

Best answers
Superman is bascicly a mortal, DBZ would win because I think the developers goal was to make EVERYONE extreamly overpowered anyway....

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has instant transmission though, which mean's he can move faster than the speed of light (thats my explaination for moving across the entire universe in a second). Zanzoken is dependant on powerlevel too, if you remember king kai said he couldn't even see how frieza and goku were fighting at the time, whilst superman can move faster than a bullet, dbz characters that moved thousands of times faster couldn't see each other when on different powerlevel terms. They could do this in an instant, where as if you remember it took super man quite a while to gather his speed when he flew around the earth. My guess is superman would have a powerlevel anywhere from 1000 - 10,000 in that case, he wouldn't stand any kind of chance against any super saiyan. He isnt in-destructable either, he's just enhanced on earth.
Superman can go faster then the speed of light! ( Remember seeing that on tv, don't really remember when but he was circling the globe trying to move time back. ) he did more then 7 rotations a second which is what light does in a single second so he moves faster then the speed of light

superman > instant transmission

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I mentioned the thing about him being able to move so quickly he can turn back time.

So yeah, Superman can travel at super luminal speeds. He's basically a dbz character minus the beams. He's physically stronger than dbz characters, and we've established that he's faster. The only thing DBZ characters have over him are their giant penis-looking beams. Unless Goku is trying to kill everyone on Earth, they're not going to be able to pump enough energy to beat him. As always, Superman will get hit, say "Aghahhh..." and slowly push it back until he's a foot away from Goku. That happens with just about every energy anything that hits him.

If Goku is actually willing to kill innocents to beat Superman, then there's no reason for him to hold back. That's when he unleashes his true power. Hell, Superman beat the Hulk without going all out (there was no intention to kill him).

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Superman can go faster then the speed of light! ( Remember seeing that on tv, don't really remember when but he was circling the globe trying to move time back. ) he did more then 7 rotations a second which is what light does in a single second so he moves faster then the speed of light

superman > instant transmission
Radditz was already to move faster then the speed of light....

Everybody ignoring my post or what?

If Freeza is already able to lift ENTIRE mountains with his mind, just imaging what SSJ3 Goku could do without thinking about the planet being destroyed.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Radditz was already to move faster then the speed of light....

Everybody ignoring my post or what?

If Freeza is already able to lift ENTIRE mountains with his mind, just imaging what SSJ3 Goku could do without thinking about the planet being destroyed.
Just cause you say it doesn't make it true ;)
Consider the radditz thing a bluff

seriously, why would goku use instant transmission if he could fly faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom