Latest ver. SuperMAN vs. Super SAIYAN...A match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They never showed Radditz moving faster than the speed of light. That said, he didn't even move fast enough to slow down time. So yeah, Superman is fast enough to rewind time. None of the DBZ characters are that fast. If they were, they wouldn't need dragonballs to bring Goku back every time he died. Speaking of which, Goku dies way too often.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They never showed Radditz moving faster than the speed of light. That said, he didn't even move fast enough to slow down time. So yeah, Superman is fast enough to rewind time. None of the DBZ characters are that fast. If they were, they wouldn't need dragonballs to bring Goku back every time he died. Speaking of which, Goku dies way too often.
Goku only died twice... First when Piccolo killed him with the Special Beam Cannon and when he was killed by Cell.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats twice as many times as Superman.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I've seen the show before, and I've also seen the Justice League stuff, but Superman never really seemed to be that all-powerful. I think you're referring back to the really old stuff in th 60s where he could basically do anything. Well, I don't think the formula worked, so they toned him down to what he is now. I mean, if he can be harmed by T-Rex sized robots, I don't think he'd classify as quite as DURABLE as a DBZ character. Although in the movie, the way his eyeball stopped a bullet sorta' contradicts this. The main thing here is there's little way to compare them.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Radditz could not move faster than the speed of light. Just because Piccolo said it doesn't make it set in stone... that was Piccolo's perception of what had just happened. If you want to get really nerdy and break it down, it would have taken Piccolo's arm longer to line up with Radditz than it would have taken his beam to reach Radditz, so he could have had his move read before he fired.

Also-> Instant transmission takes time. You have to put your fingers up to your head, and even if he could do it over and over there's still a delay between efforts, and you're stuck only using one arm for the duration. It might surprise Superman long enough for an attack but it wouldn't be the end of him. I'd say the biggest thing Goku has going for him is Solar Flare.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They weakened Superman because they felt he was too powerful. People couldn't empathize with him.

The show and comics are two different things. No one would watch the show if Superman flew in, snapped everyone's spines, and flew back out.

This new movie is a bit closer to what Superman used to be, except he still has that one weakness. The fact that he lifted an island made of his one weakness, and hurled it away goes to show how powerful he truly is. Remember, he did this after having been stabbed in the torso with a knife made of kryptonite.

@ Boyster: Superman has "super hearing". He'd get his ass kicked in the beginning, but then he'd remember he has super hearing and super smell and all sorts of powers we usually don't see him use.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, it's time to put this raging battle of Superman and DBZ fanatics to a rest. The fact is that the Dragonball series is based on immensely overpowered beings. Master Roshi, which is an elderly human, could take Superman out. A Saiyan is just plain overkill. Neither of them are immortal or invulnerable. I'm sure that Superman couldn't survive a planet explosion, on top of that, my opinion overrules everyone else's. Of course, that alone wouldn't shut Zeo up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Master Roshi? Okay, we're going to pretend Fatality's post doesn't exist by Order 67 issued by the Supreme God Emperor.

For the record, invulnerability is one of Superman's main powers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Boyster: Superman has "super hearing". He'd get his ass kicked in the beginning, but then he'd remember he has super hearing and super smell and all sorts of powers we usually don't see him use.
Well that settles it :) All Goku would need to do would be to yell as loudly and as intensely as he could and Superman would be doubled over clutching his ears in pain from his superhearing, just like Lord Slug ^_^

(lol)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Superman can control when his hearing is normal or super.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Wtf, guzzie.

Superman isn't nearly as retarded as any of the dbz characters. He isn't going to sit still and say "Wow. Thats pretty interesting. Yep. Look, its getting bigger."

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Supes and Goku are a couple of my favorite characters.
I was gonna try and compare them...long and drawn out like but, compairing them is just too complex. Id probably just be a draw since theyd each find some way to nullify eachothers attacks at least on earth.

If they ended up in some other solar system however, that didnt have a yellow sun/star, say a red sun/star Goku would beat Big Blue hands down, since the yellow sun is pretty much Supermans source of power. Whereas
Goku's power seems to stay pretty much consistant no matter where he is. Yet if they ended up somwhere where some anomoly gives Superman more power then a yellow sun(I dont rember anything like this ever beeing mentioned, so its just a thought), then most likely Goku is done.

If somehow both of there powers were "disabled" and it was just a fight of mortals, I d have to give it to Goku, Saiyains are a warrior race after all.

Kryptonians seems more like a race of Scientists. No Offence

Back on Earth...............

I went to Wikipedia just for my knowlegde, and I came across this, I already knew Superman vulnerable to magic. But hes seems to also be somewhat vulnerable to Psionics, I know that relates more to the psychic side of stuff, but psionics is based in psi is it not?. Psi=energy or in terms of dbz KI. So would this give Goku the upper hand?

I say again its far too complex to compare these two, Id rather have them just team up, now that would be sweet.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone says Psi, they mean abilities like telekinesis or telepathy, not SUPER GIANT BLUE BEAM OF DEATH. In other words, no, it doesn't give Goku an advantage.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And how often does he use telekinesis to stop people in mid-air or throw people around? Pretty much never. The amount of concentration required to use telekinesis would leave Goku open to attack, so it isn't used. Telepathy is a means of communication, so that wouldn't help much either.

Superman isn't weak against magic, but he has difficulty fighting it. Think of Dr. Strange. He's from Marvel yes, but that's the kind of magic Superman has a hard time fighting. Why? Because it's kind of hard to use brute force against something that's as esoteric and ethereal as magic.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And how often does he use telekinesis to stop people in mid-air or throw people around? Pretty much never. The amount of concentration required to use telekinesis would leave Goku open to attack, so it isn't used. Telepathy is a means of communication, so that wouldn't help much either.
Hmm I always thought Goku used telekinesis to control the energy attacks, if so I would think he pretty practiced in using. No?

Btw I know what telepathy is, and it can be used to attack the mind but I m not sure if Goku has that much control over it since its never been demonstrated to my knowledge, also Superman has a pretty strong mind, so in the end a telepathic attack would probably cause little or no effect.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Telekinesis isn't even close to being the same as shooting giant beams from your hands.

You'd have to be an incredible telepath like Xavier to take over Superman's mind or destroy him from within.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The truth usually is devastating, and you have just began to confront it I assume. You probably all ready went through the stage of anger. Staring at the computer screen like a mad man. Now you're just in denial. Not too far before you reach the fifth and final stage when you finally accept it. Oh, and by the way --

For the record, invulnerability is one of Superman's main powers.
Superman died from his wounds after a fight. Doesn't sound so invulnerable to me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Death of Superman was a publicity stunt to get people to buy comics. This is made evident by the breaking of Batman's back by Bane about 2 months before. Superman did to Doomsday what Doomsday did to Superman. It was a double ko. The fact that Superman was revived just by putting him in a regeneration chamber suggests he wasn't even dead to begin with.

So yes, invulnerability is one of Superman's powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom