Korin's Tower

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cool, any news, I'm finally back from my university trip to Amsterdam, I can't wait till you start texturing :) or rather model out the details of that pole
Yea I'll start doing something today. Not sure what I'll do though.

And about the pole details: How far should I model the big details out ? I mean the pole ATM is 10 kilometers high and 2.2 m wide.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are quite big.
This is from the Dragon Ball Manga. Upa isn't that big at all. He is the exact size of Goku when he was a kid.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I'm recreating the pole atm, there is something i should do.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you just take one of the pillars from the outside room and apply it to the bottom of the tower and make it a lot taller? As the pillar goes down to the floor you can just take out the detail and make it a cylinder going down to save polies.

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Folow that ref that Deathshot gave u, and try to do what Damaera told u. Also, remember that most of those details will be added through textures, a normal map will make those bumps, so, there's no need to overudo polies in there.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well if so, i can just make the three rings from the top and the rest will be texture ? That way i will have just 19k polys there

EDIT: So i made only first 4 rings and it's rest just cilinder. Now it's 18k polygons.

http://i.imgur.com/UoGJ9L2.jpg

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
No, u need to make those rings in the entire playable area, and a bit outside too, then, the texture will make the rest. Also, as u're telling that seems super high poly, show me wires. That's something that doesnt need that much poly.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, u need to make those rings in the entire playable area, and a bit outside too, then, the texture will make the rest. Also, as u're telling that seems super high poly, show me wires. That's something that doesnt need that much poly.
I talked with Raven and got what i have to do, I'll post some pictures later today.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the last ones are looking good, that's a solid base to work on the details

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay so i had a hell of a week, didn't have a lot of time, BUT i stayed extra 4 hours up this night.

I'm still not sure if my UVw maps are okay, I'm gonna talk with Layne tomorrow(hopefully) about that.

The triangles are a bit distorted, but that seems to change depending on the perspective. This doesn't have normal map yet, just made the diffuse map. Also i managed to cover the seam, as perfectly as i could.

http://i.imgur.com/4sQYCJg.jpg

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very nice so far. I'm curious what Layne will say about your UV layout and if he can point you into the right direction if necessary.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
very nice so far. I'm curious what Layne will say about your UV layout and if he can point you into the right direction if necessary.
Well i think I'm on right way, but the only thing i can't understand is , how to get rid of some linear distortion completely. As my UVW map is like this :

The top caps are top mapped and the sides are cylindrical (or spherical mapped) and are completely flat, but still some distortion remains.

But yeah, so far it i think this looks like the best korin's tower i've seen out there :fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom